Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2015 9:49:27 PM EDT
The left is ready! Ready on the right? The right is ready. Ready in the middle? I said, READY ON THE MIDDLE? Fix yourself Sarge. The middle is ready! Shooters at this time take up a good prone supported firing position. Lock and load one twenty round magazine. Switch your selector lever from safe to semi and...watch.......your lane.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:56:20 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

The left is ready! Ready on the right? The right is ready. Ready in the middle? I said, READY ON THE MIDDLE? Fix yourself Sarge. The middle is ready! Shooters at this time take up a good prone supported firing position. Lock and load one twenty round magazine. Switch your selector lever from safe to semi and...watch.......your lane.
View Quote

Somebody had the tower for IWQ at drill this weekend.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:56:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:01:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually drill this weekend involved starting paperwork on a soldier who continuously (as in every month) shows up to drill borderline-drunk, MDMP, and completing NCOERs. We just had a discussion regarding the fact that every range NCO at quals uses the same inflection on the "watch......yourlane" and I felt a bit nostalgic.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:06:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

You must have been in the same time as me. Unless you were firing the M-14
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:15:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Ingrained in my memory from the times we ran the qualification range.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:18:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

2006 to present. I've been in 5 different units and had quals ran by myriad NCO's...who all had the same inflection. I haven't been to the Army RSO course, but I would imagine there is a significant block devoted to that inflection.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:21:48 PM EDT
[#7]
privets         rotate you're selector lever from safe to full  and scan your sector
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:23:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I heard that over a loudspeaker (in my mind) as I read it.  

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:25:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I heard that over a loudspeaker (in my mind) as I read it.  

View Quote

Yes! That's what I was going for!
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:27:10 PM EDT
[#10]
"Targets.......UP!"
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:38:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
"Targets.......UP!"
View Quote

Those fuckers only gave me 38 rounds!
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:40:43 PM EDT
[#12]
I was thinking the next commands were:  Ready on the right.  All ready on the firing line. You may commence firing when your target appears.

ETA: Then the guys and gals in the pits would hear: Stand by your targets.  Targets Up.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:42:18 PM EDT
[#13]
"how often does this happen Drill Sergeant"
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 11:16:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The left is ready! Ready on the right? The right is ready. Ready in the middle? I said, READY ON THE MIDDLE? Fix yourself Sarge. The middle is ready! Shooters at this time take up a good prone supported firing position. Lock and load one twenty round magazine. Switch your selector lever from safe to semi and...watch scan.......your lane.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 11:19:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Hehe, good times!
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 11:26:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

FIFY
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The left is ready! Ready on the right? The right is ready. Ready in the middle? I said, READY ON THE MIDDLE? Fix yourself Sarge. The middle is ready! Shooters at this time take up a good prone supported firing position. Lock and load one twenty round magazine. Switch your selector lever from safe to semi and...watch scan.......your lane.

FIFY

Now I'm sitting here on my couch sipping Evan Williams watching Lonesome Dove and wondering "watch, scan, watch, scan?" Damned if I can remember which one it is.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 11:30:39 PM EDT
[#17]
"Watch your lane." That turned out to be a problematic phrase during an Air Force M9 range we hosted. They literally "watched their lane" for the first two pop ups. Luckily the NCOs on the line got them squared away quick.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 11:35:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Hehe, good times!
View Quote

Here's 20 rounds to zero a CCO with a POI 3 feet off of the POA. Oh and your rear iron sight is broke (Matech BUIS wouldn't stay up). But hey, qualification is only a major contributing factor to your promotion. Good luck!

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 11:51:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We all still qual with 40 rounds. 20 rounds from prone supported, 10 prone unsupported, and (this is probably different for you) 10 from the kneeling position. Rounds are loaded into 30-round magazines.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:53:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

We all still qual with 40 rounds. 20 rounds from prone supported, 10 prone unsupported, and (this is probably different for you) 10 from the kneeling position. Rounds are loaded into 30-round magazines.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 9:40:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Marine Butt Commands:  Monday Morning, Before the chaos begins.

Shooters, reach out and grab ahold,

Stand Byyyyyyyyy

Tar...gets, All the way up on that front carriage, get all those Able targets in the air.  

On the firing line:

Shooters, your prep time has ended.  

Butts:
Shooters, reach up and grab ahold,

Stand by

Targets to half mast, Half Mast all Targets.

And thus begins another week of firing.  I spent 11 months doing this, every Mon-Thurs.  

I had a great fuckin time on the range.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top