Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2013 5:36:58 PM EDT
Every morning I eat an egg omelet for breakfast.

I use 3 farm eggs raised by an old man down the road.  Of those three eggs I only eat one of the yokes.
spinach, mushrooms and tomatoes.
Half an avocado
1 banana
1 piece of bacon.
2 glasses of water.

I Crossfit 5 to 6 days a week and work as a roofer.

Good start to the day or is there a better breakfast that I should be eating?

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:49:10 PM EDT
[#1]
If you'd eat the yolks too then it would be about perfect....depending on whether or not you're trying to gain/lose weight of course.

ETA- all the nutrients- the whole point of getting farm fresh eggs is to get those amazing omega 3 fatty acids (among other things)...guess where those are found? The yolks.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:53:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you'd eat the yolks too then it would be about perfect....depending on whether or not you're trying to gain/lose weight of course.
View Quote

Im down from 211 to 173 and 6'1". I think I am just about done with loosing weight and want to start building muscle.

I was under the impression that the yokes were bad for you.

Thanks for the clarification on the yokes, I'll start eating them.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:58:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Im down from 211 to 173 and 6'1". I think I am just about done with loosing weight and want to start building muscle.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nah, for a long time and plenty of people still believe it- people thought yolks were bad...they're not. Dietary cholesterol =/= blood cholesterol.

If you want to gain some muscle, consider a 4th or even 5th egg and make sure you're following a solid lifting routine in addition to CF.

I eat 5 eggs every day...and have for the last 5 years or so. I weigh 190 and am 5'9" probably 12-13% BF.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:05:00 PM EDT
[#4]
4/10.  Need more bacon.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:14:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Nah, for a long time and plenty of people still believe it- people thought yolks were bad...they're not. Dietary cholesterol =/= blood cholesterol.

If you want to gain some muscle, consider a 4th or even 5th egg and make sure you're following a solid lifting routine in addition to CF.

I eat 5 eggs every day...and have for the last 5 years or so. I weigh 190 and am 5'9" probably 12-13% BF.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:35:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Like RoG said, nothing wrong with yokes. I eat 4 a day.

5'10" 165#.   I'm 6 months into powerlifting and really enjoying it.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:56:11 PM EDT
[#7]
+1 for more yoke, +2 for more bacon.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:56:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah keep the yolks and itll be right on.....I ate a dozen eggs with yolks today
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 2:13:46 AM EDT
[#9]
I eat 5-6 eggs, with yolks daily.
Plus 1lb of sausage or bacon a day.
Topped with salsa or guacamole.
Oddly Ive lost 40lbs in 5 months.
Eat the yolks.....
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:02:43 AM EDT
[#10]
You guys are too ambitious in the morning.  My breakfast is
2 cups milk with 2 scoops of ON protein powder
3/4 cup cottage cheese with blueberries, cinnamon and walnuts.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:19:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You guys are too ambitious in the morning.  My breakfast is
2 cups milk with 2 scoops of ON protein powder
3/4 cup cottage cheese with blueberries, cinnamon and walnuts.
View Quote

shaker bottle half filled with frozen fruit, mostly from the garden, or fresh frozen if I can.

Scoop of protein powder, scoop of chia seed.

Some coconut milk, some OJ.

Blend.

Drink.

I normally throw the fruit into the shaker cup the night before and stick it in the freezer because I am not a morning person.

Been working well for me.

And a protein ball for a mid morning snack. Made up ahead of time.

Eggs sound good though, you've already been told to yolk it!
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:35:13 AM EDT
[#12]
was just about to post: "eat the yolks", lol
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 10:04:34 AM EDT
[#13]
I up'd it to 4 whole eggs this morning. It was hard to get it all down but I managed.

It beats the hell out of the egg McMuffin I use to eat on the way to work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top