Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:04:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is there a link to the full Complaint?
View Quote

It is all there.....reading it now.

I like this line:
42. In contradiction of the illegitimate Cease-and-Desist Letter, RBT continued manufacture and sale of the FRT-15. Since then, with full knowledge of ATF, tens of thousands of the FRT-15 have been sold.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:22:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Holy shit.

I previously had no real desire to get an FRT-15. Now I’m going to make it a point to buy at least one, to show my support if nothing else.

On March 26, 2022, armed ATF agents conducted a raid on 3rd Gen Machine, , and served a warrant requiring seizure, inter alia, of (i) all FRT-15 triggers;
(ii) all materials and components used to “manufacture” and “assemble” FRT- 15 triggers; (iii) any computer, computer hard drive, or other physical object relating to RBT; and (iv) all machinery and/or computerized code, blueprints, software and/or programs related to the manufacture of the FRT-15.

ATF seized, inter alia, everything related to the above designations, except for more than a thousand FRT-15s. ATF left over 1,000 assembled FRT-15s, each of them a “machinegun” to use ATF’s false conclusions, in cardboard boxes in 3rd Gen Inc.’s unsecured parking lot. ATF did not want to seize RBT’s property under the warrant and, thereby, give standing for RBT to have a full and fair challenge to ATF’s misclassification of the FRT-15.

The FRT-15s remained unsecured at 3rd Gen Inc.’s parking lot until April 14, 2022, when Lawrence DeMonico, RBT’s president, went to 3rd Inc.’s offices and picked up the cardboard boxes containing the FRT-15s. Mr. DeMonico began transporting the triggers, which are RBT’s property, to another location.

In the early morning hours of April 15, 2022, more than a dozen ATF agents in unmarked vehicles stopped Mr. DeMonico’s vehicle. DeMonico was ordered out of his vehicle at gunpoint. With no search or seizure warrant, nor an arrest warrant, ATF seized thousands of assembled FRT-15s and thousands FRT-15 component parts. Even though Mr. DeMonico possessed thousands of illegal “machineguns” under ATF’s contrived reasoning, Mr. DeMonico was not arrested and was only detained long enough for the ATF agents to seize the FRT-15s in his possession. In fact, one of the ATF agents literally apologized to Mr. DeMonico, acknowledging the FRT-15 is not a “machinegun.” The FRT-15s and parts seized had a value in excess of $650,000 (based upon the standard retail price of the FRT-15). Indeed, the value of the seized property is likely much higher because third parties are now selling FRT-15s on one of the nation’s most popular firearm or firearm part brokerage websites, with no interference from Defendants, for 4 to 5 times their ordinary retail value.
View Quote

Emphasis mine.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:24:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Fuck the atf
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:38:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Have they come out with the 3 position one yet?
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:39:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's the one i'm waiting on.  Not listed on web page yet.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:41:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Imagine being the ATF officer who show up armed, and steals $650K in private property at gunpoint, then apologizes for being a Government thug knowingly breaking the law because you feel guilty for breaking your oaths...

But not guilty enough to go on TV or be interviewed by a talking head, or whistleblow to a senator or congressman..
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:42:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:43:59 PM EDT
[#18]
I’ve got a 10.5 SBR. I should get one of these, clone a colt commando, grow a pony tail and start wearing grey suits.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:44:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Imagine being the ATF officer who show up armed, and steals $650K in private property at gunpoint, then apologizes for being a Government thug knowingly breaking the law because you feel guilty for breaking your oaths...

View Quote

there's enough of them glowing on the forums here, why not ask one how it feels?
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:48:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Get her done.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:58:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a Gen 1 FRT.  If they put the Gen 2 up on their website, my credit card would have scorch marks from how fast it left my wallet.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 8:05:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Totally not extralegal harassment.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 8:13:17 PM EDT
[#23]
So did they re-incorporate in North Dakota for judge shopping purposes or what?

ETA: The answer is yes.  ND District has two judges, both Trump appointees. Two SR judges, one Reagan and one Bush 41.

Appeals go to the 8th Cir. which is overwhelmingly appointed by Bush, Bush or Trump. It looks like 11 to 1 or thereabouts.

Edit: Damn, 8th Cir is stacked. 10R and 1D active and 17-1 if you count Senior judges. I bet that Obama appointee is getting good practice writing dissents.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 8:21:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Fuck the atf
View Quote

Quoted for truth
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 9:00:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

But not guilty enough to go on TV or be interviewed by a talking head, or whistleblow to a senator or congressman..
View Quote

Dental plan bro.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 9:04:55 PM EDT
[#26]
So the FRT is such a dangerous machine gun. They left boxes of them in a parking lot as a trap….  Dicks!
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 9:08:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 9:09:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Holy shit.

I previously had no real desire to get an FRT-15. Now I’m going to make it a point to buy at least one, to show my support if nothing else.

Emphasis mine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Holy shit.

On March 26, 2022, armed ATF agents conducted a raid on 3rd Gen Machine, , and served a warrant requiring seizure, inter alia, of (i) all FRT-15 triggers;
(ii) all materials and components used to “manufacture” and “assemble” FRT- 15 triggers; (iii) any computer, computer hard drive, or other physical object relating to RBT; and (iv) all machinery and/or computerized code, blueprints, software and/or programs related to the manufacture of the FRT-15.

ATF seized, inter alia, everything related to the above designations, except for more than a thousand FRT-15s. ATF left over 1,000 assembled FRT-15s, each of them a “machinegun” to use ATF’s false conclusions, in cardboard boxes in 3rd Gen Inc.’s unsecured parking lot. ATF did not want to seize RBT’s property under the warrant and, thereby, give standing for RBT to have a full and fair challenge to ATF’s misclassification of the FRT-15.

The FRT-15s remained unsecured at 3rd Gen Inc.’s parking lot until April 14, 2022, when Lawrence DeMonico, RBT’s president, went to 3rd Inc.’s offices and picked up the cardboard boxes containing the FRT-15s. Mr. DeMonico began transporting the triggers, which are RBT’s property, to another location.

In the early morning hours of April 15, 2022, more than a dozen ATF agents in unmarked vehicles stopped Mr. DeMonico’s vehicle. DeMonico was ordered out of his vehicle at gunpoint. With no search or seizure warrant, nor an arrest warrant, ATF seized thousands of assembled FRT-15s and thousands FRT-15 component parts. Even though Mr. DeMonico possessed thousands of illegal “machineguns” under ATF’s contrived reasoning, Mr. DeMonico was not arrested and was only detained long enough for the ATF agents to seize the FRT-15s in his possession. In fact, one of the ATF agents literally apologized to Mr. DeMonico, acknowledging the FRT-15 is not a “machinegun.” The FRT-15s and parts seized had a value in excess of $650,000 (based upon the standard retail price of the FRT-15). Indeed, the value of the seized property is likely much higher because third parties are now selling FRT-15s on one of the nation’s most popular firearm or firearm part brokerage websites, with no interference from Defendants, for 4 to 5 times their ordinary retail value.

Emphasis mine.

Wait, so they refused to take it with the warrant, but were conducting surveillance on it for 3 weeks so they could swoop in and confiscate them at gunpoint when he went to transport it? Why?
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 9:10:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
So did they re-incorporate in North Dakota for judge shopping purposes or what?

ETA: The answer is yes.  ND District has two judges, both Trump appointees. Two SR judges, one Reagan and one Bush 41.

Appeals go to the 8th Cir. which is overwhelmingly appointed by Bush, Bush or Trump. It looks like 11 to 1 or thereabouts.

Edit: Damn, 8th Cir is stacked. 10R and 1D active and 17-1 if you count Senior judges. I bet that Obama appointee is getting good practice writing dissents.
View Quote

Smart move.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 9:19:05 PM EDT
[#30]
I think ATF may truly have well stepped on their dick here.

I mean, how can you argue these are machine guns if you don't seize them? If they're machine guns, why are you just leaving them there unsecured?

Goddamn brilliant by Rare Breed.

tagged.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 9:21:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

To take him out of his car at gunpoint is such BS.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 9:31:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Wait, so they refused to take it with the warrant, but were conducting surveillance on it for 3 weeks so they could swoop in and confiscate them at gunpoint when he went to transport it? Why?
View Quote

-So they can catch someone in a process crime i.e. making a false statement or something else
-Someone was hoping he would get it on and they could make a case for arrest based on resisting or assault on a federal officer
-Simple harassment

Take your pick
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 9:34:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Wish ‘em the best of luck.

It’d be real fuckin’ swell if the cockgarglers involved lost their qualified immunity.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 9:37:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It’d be real fuckin’ swell if the cockgarglers involved lost their qualified immunity.
View Quote

Maybe this will apply....

Straight from the DOJ website

DEPRIVATION OF RIGHTS UNDER COLOR OF LAW

SUMMARY:

Section 242 of Title 18 makes it a crime for a person acting under color of any law to willfully deprive a person of a right or privilege protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States.
For the purpose of Section 242, acts under "color of law" include acts not only done by federal, state, or local officials within their lawful authority, but also acts done beyond the bounds of that official's lawful authority, if the acts are done while the official is purporting to or pretending to act in the performance of his/her official duties. Persons acting under color of law within the meaning of this statute include police officers, prisons guards and other law enforcement officials, as well as judges, care providers in public health facilities, and others who are acting as public officials. It is not necessary that the crime be motivated by animus toward the race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin of the victim.

The offense is punishable by a range of imprisonment up to a life term, or the death penalty, depending upon the circumstances of the crime, and the resulting injury, if any.

TITLE 18, U.S.C., SECTION 242

Whoever, under color of any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or custom, willfully subjects any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States, ... shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both; and if bodily injury results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include the use, attempted use, or threatened use of a dangerous weapon, explosives, or fire, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death.

Yes I know pipe dream unless it producing the desired outcome for the .gov
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 9:44:55 PM EDT
[#35]
I couldn't be more proud of RB
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 9:51:45 PM EDT
[#36]
This guy must have thrown rocks at wasp nests when he was a kid.  Hope he beats these bastards.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 9:59:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Tommy Triggers did, and FtheATF hit him with a cease & desist order
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:04:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
This guy must have thrown rocks wasp nests at wasp nests rocks when he was a kid.  Hope he beats these bastards.
View Quote

FTFY
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:05:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

FTFY
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This guy must have thrown rocks wasp nests at wasp nests rocks when he was a kid.  Hope he beats these bastards.

FTFY

I stand corrected!
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:19:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Fuck the ATF and the DOJ...with a tannerite filled rusty AIDS coated catus
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:20:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Odds on getting a judge that has heard of the constitution? 80:1?
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:20:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

SUMMARY:

Section 242 of Title 18 makes it a crime for a person acting under color of any law to willfully deprive a person of a right or privilege protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States.
For the purpose of Section 242, acts under "color of law" include acts not only done by federal, state, or local officials within their lawful authority, but also acts done beyond the bounds of that official's lawful authority, if the acts are done while the official is purporting to or pretending to act in the performance of his/her official duties. Persons acting under color of law within the meaning of this statute include police officers, prisons guards and other law enforcement officials, as well as judges, care providers in public health facilities, and others who are acting as public officials. It is not necessary that the crime be motivated by animus toward the race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin of the victim.

The offense is punishable by a range of imprisonment up to a life term, or the death penalty, depending upon the circumstances of the crime, and the resulting injury, if any.

Whoever, under color of any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or custom, willfully subjects any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States, ... shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both; and if bodily injury results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include the use, attempted use, or threatened use of a dangerous weapon, explosives, or fire, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SUMMARY:

Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:22:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Sad RBT has to finance this whilst the NRA budget is aimed toward clothing.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:23:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I have a Gen 1 FRT.  If they put the Gen 2 up on their website, my credit card would have scorch marks from how fast it left my wallet.
View Quote

Metoo
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:32:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Off to support rare breed.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:33:25 PM EDT
[#46]
With all the BS rules coming, its awesome of Rare Breed to tell them to stick it!
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:37:32 PM EDT
[#47]
I don't want one, but I'd donate to fuck .gov
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 11:07:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Sad RBT has to finance this whilst the NRA budget is aimed toward clothing.
View Quote

Imagine if the NRA actually had teeth like this guy, with the funding they have.... But no, of course they don't.  Metro is worried about his suits.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 11:08:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 11:14:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Odds on getting a judge that has heard of the constitution? 80:1?
View Quote
In the entire path between them and the Supreme Court (District Court and 8th Cir) there is **one** Democrat appointed judge, and that includes Seniors should they be brought in. The District Court Judge will be a Trump judge. An appellate panel will be at worst 2 to 1. The en banc will be 10 to 1, at worst. They did a nice job forum shopping this one. They'll get a fair hearing.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top