Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2002 5:54:12 PM EDT
Since I might be moving back this year, does anybody know if there are any handgun ranges near Ann Arbor?  The range locator says there's a place out in Ypsilanti - anybody have experience with this place?

And any rifle ranges that don't get bent out of shape about AR/AK/FALs?
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 7:05:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Ha!, You're moving to liberal Hell and are still trying to find a place to shoot >>[b]GUNS??[/b]<< [;)]

Actually there are some ranges out that way(at least there were a few years ago!), I'm sure someone will know better than I....But if not, drop Me a line...We (Michigan shooters) do a get together every once in a while.

Welcome back (maybe) to Our little bit-O-Hell!

Tall Shadow

{edited cause' I'm A Bonehead....Sometimes!)
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 7:13:44 PM EDT
[#2]
hmm....Washtenaw Sportsman's Club is right nearby (i think it's the ypsi one youre talking about)  It's decent.  has a 1-600 yard range and i've shot a handful of service rifle matches there.  i don't think you can use anything past 100 yards without going through a bunch of bs but i'm not a member so i don't know for sure.  The other nearby one is Western Wayne gun club, near Plymouth i believe.  not more than 1/2 hour from a2.
Howell, Linden, Detroit Sportsmens... there's a few around.  
edited because i have fits of dyslexia some days....lol  
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 7:52:07 PM EDT
[#3]
If you come east far enough, there is a new range in Westland, [url=http://www.firinglineguns.com/]The Firing Line[/url]. Real nice indoor place owned by 4 Westland cops. Very clean.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 8:00:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Anybody know how difficult/expensive it is to get a membership in the Ypsi club?  Or the Plymouth club, for that matter. (Or anything in Brighton or Chelsea?)  Where I'm living, I already have to drive 30min to my rifle range, so anything within a half-hour would be reasonable.

And who would I have to register my handguns with - Ann Arbor PD or Washtenaw County Sheriff Dept?
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 8:02:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 7:59:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey man...

I hope you make it back to AA, then I'll have someone to shoot with!  Anyways, here is the score--

Ann Arbor / Detroit Ranges

1.  In Dexter (VERY close to AA) there is Mill Creek Sports.  They have a new indoor handgun only range.  The only downside is you have to purchase ammo from them (WinClean ONLY), 9mm for example, runs about $10/box -- so not a total ripoff.  Great people.

The rest of the places around AA (like the 'Sportsman' club in Ypsi) are either a hassle to get into, or look down on your use of a Black Rifle.

If you want to shoot your toy, either buy land or drive out to 696 and Dequindre.  There is a place called DoubleAction that lets you shoot your rifle indoors (25M).  Nice, but the range officers can be A******S.  They 'encourage' you to buy their ammo, but you don't have to.  They will NOT allow Wolf ammo or 7.62 X 39.  No AK, etc.

If you need more info, send me an e-mail.
Top Top