Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2005 5:14:17 PM EDT
I am wanting to build a shooting range on my land,and was curious about any features would be cool or was a must have. So if you could design your own, what  would it have?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:17:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Flat land, back stop, targets.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:43:27 PM EDT
[#2]
pits, 1000 yd firing point, maybe a video system to spot target impacts.

SRM
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:06:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Armor targets, combat course, covered shoothouse, moving targets (cable & pulleys), pop-ups, etc.

You can go crazy, trust me.

Some of it can be done very cheaply, tho too, if you're crafty and ask for scrap and stuff.

For instance, you can collect old railroad tie plates off of derelict tracks - they will withstand any pistol round and last quite a while with rifle....basically free.

Railroad ties themselves are excellent for building structure and target frames out of....and for holding backstop dirt in.

Old tires can be filled with dirt and used as backstop or lanes - they're practically indestructible, and free.

The list goes on and on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top