Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2008 12:38:44 PM EDT
I took my two Son-in-laws and one of the Grandkids (who just turned 13 last week) out today.

The temps were high, but the humidity was low until about 10 minutes before we started shooting.  A quick rain-shower, then the sun coming out full strength shoved the humidity level way up and it got very sticky out.  

I took out the 91/30, M44, AR-15, M4gery, Beretta Neos, M1 Garand, 10/22, and the Yugo M70B2.

Carl, SOL #1 brought his Remington 25.06, and a SA .22 revolver.

There was no real worry about accurate shooting, this was more to get the grandson his first shooting experience.  I shot very little, but we still went through some rounds.

The Grandson was very hesitant about shooting the big boomsticks, so we started him on the 10/22 and the .22 revolver.  After a few minutes with them, he wanted to try the AR.

After he was comfortable with that, he moved up to the M70.  I was proud of him when he wanted to shoot the Garand, even more when he wanted to run some more CLIPS through it.

He then moved on to the 91/30, and M44.  He didn't like them as much, and went back to the M70 and M1.

All in all, a very good day.  Even if we were all sweating like pigs at the end.    But, as O_P has stated many times, "Shooting stuff is fun!"  

Now, on to the few pics.

Carl with the M4gery:

Scott with the M1.  I didn't notice the condensation on the lens until after I took this shot.  I told you the humidity was up.  

Vinnie with the 91/30:

Vinnie with the M1.  Note the ejected CLIP just falling past his elbow:

Vinnie with the M70:

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:49:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Very cool.

Where's the range located?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:54:28 PM EDT
[#2]
yeah.  what range, and where at?  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:58:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:59:26 PM EDT
[#4]
The range is Lafayette Gun Club, in Grafton.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:03:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Very nice!  My pops had an M1, was the 2nd gun I ever shot.  First was a Ruger 10/22, i was about 4yo.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:04:04 PM EDT
[#6]
        Very Cool,nice job and nice toys.
        Whenever I have somebody trying out a new gun and I am unsure if they will handle the recoil I have them start standing and shooting offhand. Big guns and medium sized folks aren't very accurate but it gives them a chance to get a feel for it without takeing the pounding from the bench . Don't let some knucklehead talk a smaller person into shooting something that you know is going to punish, save the heavier kicking guns for when they are bigger or when they are wearing a heavy jacket.

Heavy kicking gun+smaller person+tee shirt @ the bench is nasty!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:33:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks like Vinnie has pretty good follow through with that M1.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:26:43 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Looks like Vinnie has pretty good follow through with that M1.

I was surprised, he really enjoyed the M1.  I thought he would stick more to the AR and 10/22 side, but he wanted to shoot the M70 and M1 more.  But, I'm not complaining.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:40:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Glad you guys had fun, Thanks for taking a new person shooting!!
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:20:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Bump for the weeknight folks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top