Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2008 9:36:51 AM EDT
Can a cop catch you for speeding if they are driving tward you? If so it the reading on theig gun accurate or would it be off?
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:37:22 AM EDT
[#1]
sho can
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:38:01 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Can a cop catch you for speeding if they are driving tward you? If so it the reading on theig gun accurate or would it be off?

most definately can...
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:38:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Doppler, baby, FTW!

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:38:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Yep, the only thing that will throw it off is if you speed up and flip'em the bird as you pass.

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:39:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Easy answer? Always go TWICE the speed limit, then claim faulty equipment at the trial.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:39:51 AM EDT
[#6]
you seriously didn't know this?

TXL
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:42:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Our radars can get you coming or going in either direction.  It's fun when people either A.) Pass your or b.) meet you then hammer on it.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:46:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:47:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:49:28 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Easy answer? Always go TWICE the speed limit, then claim faulty equipment at the trial.

I was actually riding with a guy who got off with a warning doing 135 in a 35MPH zone by claiming faulty equip. He had a set up where he could make his pedle stick.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:49:28 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Only if they are wearing their hat.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:54:46 AM EDT
[#12]
When I policed the streets, faulty equipment claims would most likely get the offender an additional ticket for defective equipment. Around here the defective equipment excuse will get you nowhere fast.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:57:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Not sure about the radar but with the lazer the officer needs to be stationary.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:58:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Old radars couldn't calculate the speed if you were going away from the radar.  Newer ones will... all will calculate closing speed.

Quoted:
Not sure about the radar but with the lazer the officer needs to be stationary.

Laser can't read the patrol vehicle speed to deduct it from the total.  Aiming would be near impossible while moving too.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 10:05:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 10:08:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Stuck gas pedal, wow, that vehicle is pretty much unsafe to operate on the public streets, here's a ticket, and I'll call you a tow truck so you can safely remove it from the street.

Like I never heard that lame shit before...

a good moving radar will be able to capture your speed coming at or going away from the unit, either moving or stationary patrol vehicle.  

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 10:10:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 10:12:07 AM EDT
[#18]
How Old are you again ??? Please say you about 16-18...then I would understand.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 10:12:12 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was actually riding with a guy who got off with a warning doing 135 in a 35MPH zone by claiming faulty equip. He had a set up where he could make his pedle stick.

I would have to call on that. seems a cop would write for defective eqipment and haul the driver in for felony endagerment or something. Pics of the ticket stating a warning for 135 or it didn't happen.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 10:16:51 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would have to call on that. seems a cop would write for defective eqipment and haul the driver in for felony endagerment or something. Pics of the ticket stating a warning for 135 or it didn't happen.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I meant faulty radar detection equipment. And it was a joke.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:25:04 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Yeah, but if I'm slowing down, even if it's from 99 to 90, you can't give me a ticket.

My buddy tolds me so.

You can also make your car invisible to radar by putting tin foil on your hubcaps.  And anything left over can be made into a hat.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 12:41:37 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yeah, but if I'm slowing down, even if it's from 99 to 90, you can't give me a ticket.

My buddy tolds me so.

You can also make your car invisible to radar by putting tin foil on your hubcaps.  And anything left over can be made into a hat.

Well ther's sum good ole boy fail.  Evvybuddy knows yah gots to put the tin foil IN the hubcaps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top