Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2004 6:24:03 PM EDT
Does NE1 here know where I can download ROMs?  There are a few games I own that I would like a ROM for to play on my computer.  Mostly for N64.  If anyone here downloads ROMs please give me a good site to go to.  I looked everywhere.  I heard ROMs are legal if it's for a game you already own but I can't find any.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:36:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Screw websites,  most of the time the roms are corrupt or the links are long gone.   So I get them from Usenet.  

Every internet provider offers a usenet server for it's members under news.YourProvider.com.

If you need a good usenet file grabber give newsbin pro a shot.  I've tried many and like it the best.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:38:26 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 for usenet.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:44:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Does NE1 here know where I can download ROMs?  There are a few games I own that I would like a ROM for to play on my computer.  Mostly for N64.  If anyone here downloads ROMs please give me a good site to go to.  I looked everywhere.  I heard ROMs are legal if it's for a game you already own but I can't find any.

It's not illegal to make a copy of  a game you own, in most cases. It is, however, illegal to download copies of games from unlicensed distributors. No matter if you or they own it or not.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:49:59 PM EDT
[#4]
bearshare... just looked for  " nes rom "

TONS of titles there...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top