Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2003 8:32:53 PM EDT
Quoted:
Quarterbore:

I would leave the page.  Remove his personal name, email, eBay username, etc. but leave the meat of the story.  Follow-up with a story about how some "friends" helped show the error of his ways.  Finish with his apology and admittal that he was acting unethical.

This could be a lesson others need to learn.  Granted, I suspect some of the ARFCOMers might have become a little zealous but the point was made:  don't mess with people trying to conduct business honestly.  You never know who they are.  Or worse...who they know.
View Quote

I agreed with Yellobelli's recomendations and I had reworked the page and renamed it so this sucker wouldn't get punished anymore!  Just the same, people were still after this guy and I received the info as follows, for this reason the webpage is now down.  I may upload the story again after it will not be possible to track this ebayer down!

Please do not continue to hunt down and hound the individual who did this as following is the last E-mail I received...

[red]In a message dated 6/12/2003 4:22:06 AM Pacific Daylight Time, [email protected] writes:

The page is down...  also I went back to the forums
where I had shared the story and expressed that it was
enough... but I had done that before I had gone to bed
as I am on the East Coast.  I just posted asking if
anybody is still contacting you to please stop...[/red]

Thank you. I am sorry to have caused you so much grief. Believe me, you have caused me 1000 times more. You have more than gotten even. I don't know what the authorities will do with the report they took from me and the neighbors after the shootings, but with all the physical distance between you and I, probably not much. It is under investigation and hopefully they will find who did it and punish them. There is some evidence, enough for felony discharging of a firearm into an occupied structure, thank goodness. As they told me, we would have a hard time proving that you had anything to do with it, unless they catch the person{s} and they turn you in as where they got the idea to "scare" me. And it did scare me and my family to have shots fired in close proximity to our house and my home office. As it stands now, there have been no criminal charges filed.

I really hope they don't file charges against you as I really think you are basically a good guy, just got a little too pissed off and didn't have control over what your "friends" might do.

Thanks for taking down the page and doing all you can to stop this as it really has gone too far beyond both our controls.

Sincerely hoping this is the end and better days for you and yours in PA,
View Quote

I sincerely hope that nobody here went so far as to figure out where this individual lived and start shooting...  I know this guy got some phone calls and e-mails from people because of the story I posted but this was through his own contact information that this guy managed to post on his own websites!

This person has learned a lesson and in a previous e-mail he said...

Sir Ken

I sincerely apologize. People are following URLs from your site and getting at me via eBays mail system now. I am really really sorry. I just want this all to end.

Please take that An Amazing EBAYER who learned a lesson page down!

You can be happy that you accomplished your mission privately. You have more than "settled the score." You win totally, I completely capitulate and surrender to your mercy. I promise I will never EVER do bid shielding/shilling/sabotage or any other auction winning type "tactic" again to you or ANYONE on eBay. How much more groveling can I do?

Your completely dejected and beaten, a little afraid for my family and myself AND (hopefully) FORMER enemy,
View Quote

So please, let this stop!!!

As for what he did, he was bidding on  one of my auctions and he e-mailed my high bidder who was competeing for an item he wanted and he told them where they could but a lesser item for a lower cost so he could win.  This went into a series of e-mails where this individual went on to say anything is fair and that he was going to trash all of my auctions because I blocked him from bidding on any more of my auctions....  

Well, last night for about three hours I shared the story with a few thousand friends who seemed to make the point that they disagree with what he did and his attitude!

This is over...  I relisted my auction... please let this stop before anybody gets in serious trouble!  I know people can figure out who he is, that was proven last night, please DON'T as this is over and I hope that some of the comments are just hot air as I would hate to think anybody would start shooting over an unethical EBAY bidding practice or threats to trash my little EBAY auctions!  I still have low oppinions of this guy but he paid a heavy price last night!

Thanks,
QB
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:36:00 PM EDT
[#1]
missed out on all the fun :-/
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 9:14:31 PM EDT
[#2]
NICE.  [^]
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 9:37:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Didn't take long for the "fire mission" to have it's desired effect, either; his homepage went down in no time, flat!
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 9:43:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I read the original thread, and thought that the guy was a class-A asshole, but I never thought that you would be able to resolve it.

well, I guess I was wrong.

OUTSTANDING STUFF!

Congratulations and kudos to everybody who helped get the job done.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 9:46:25 PM EDT
[#5]
ha ha.
What a chump.  That's what I like about this place.  We can be at each others throats about something and then *bam* a problem arises and everyone helps you out.

What a great community.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 9:52:09 PM EDT
[#6]
screw that chump...there is a web page for vandals and anachists that covers a variety of crime and other deviant behavior.  there are several topics and post and info about EBAY scams and what nt.  this was one of them.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 9:52:42 PM EDT
[#7]
duh...the web page is www.totse.com
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 9:53:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 10:44:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Well all I have to say it's not over with yet. I still have the info on him and will cont. to have sub. going to both his emails and will continue to call his 1 800 number. What a bastard he is. I hate when people trash a good sitr like Ebay.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 3:28:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well all I have to say it's not over with yet. I still have the info on him and will cont. to have sub. going to both his emails and will continue to call his 1 800 number. What a bastard he is. I hate when people trash a good sitr like Ebay.
View Quote

Please do STOP!  

The person sent me many e-mails last night saying he was sorry and he is claiming to be afraid for himself and family...  Perhaps he is blowing hot air but this really needs to stop before anybody gets in serious trouble over this as this score was settled last night!

I removed the page to try and help turn this thing off...  PLEASE STOP... so you do not get yourself into serious trouble...!
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 3:52:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Link no worky. Please put it back up so

1. I can feel the strength of the AR15com

2. So I can learn about the scam and will not fall for the same one.

Link Posted: 6/12/2003 5:43:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Nice to know the ARFKOM army has some major firepower behind it when needed.  What I dont understand is, was this guy just some a-hole trying to rob you at the last minute, or was he some sort of gungrabber on a crusade?  That email looked an awful lot like what a gungrabber would say.
In any regards, cease fire! cease fire!  Mission Complete, return to base!

Damn that was fun!
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 5:49:42 AM EDT
[#13]
What's the deal with the "shootings" the guy was talking about? Coincedence?
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 6:35:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What's the deal with the "shootings" the guy was talking about? Coincedence?
View Quote
sounds like a load of bullshit, he's just trying to scare you
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 6:44:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Hmmmmm, wonder what the chances are this dude is Imbro's brother...?
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 7:48:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Asshole ebayer wrote:

Sir Ken

I sincerely apologize. People are following URLs from your site and getting at me via eBays mail system now. I am really really sorry. [red]I just want this all to end. [/red]

Please take that An Amazing EBAYER who learned a lesson page down!

You can be happy that you accomplished your mission privately. You have more than "settled the score." You win totally, [red]I completely capitulate and surrender to your mercy.[/red] I promise I will never EVER do bid shielding/shilling/sabotage or any other auction winning type "tactic" again to you or ANYONE on eBay. [red]How much more groveling can I do?[/red]

Your completely dejected and beaten, a little afraid for my family and myself AND (hopefully) FORMER enemy,
View Quote

[img]http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/mecry.gif[/img][img]http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/sobbing.gif[/img][img]http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/sobbing.gif[/img][img]http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/sad2.gif[/img][img]http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/sad2.gif[/img][img]http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/bigun2.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 9:05:27 AM EDT
[#17]
re: shootings, I smell a rat.  If Quarterbore does not get a phone call from police it smells of hoax.  JMHO.

Furthermore the guy sounds like a very talented con man or at least a little too ambitious with some low ethical standards.  A man of his times.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 9:19:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Well, having a webpage that pointed to his personal and business webpage and listing his real name with contact info plus a discussion about his interests in making illegal drugs and having a weapon in CA might have made the guy want that page to go away!  

That doesn't include what others might have done with the info as posted on his own websites!  You know... home phone, cell phone, fax, e-mail, plus a 800 number! I even think he had his address on his website?  

Like I said, the point was made and I agree that if they wanted to talk with me they could have done it last night as finding me is really easy!  Just the same, this guy got hammered last night!

I sure hope that I never get on the bad side of the ARFCOM community!
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 9:29:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Thanks for the update.

He sounds like a dick and I hope he really did learn something but I dont think so
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 9:34:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I sure hope that I never get on the bad side of the ARCOM community!
View Quote

I treat everyone with respect untill they give me a reason not to.

This guy got what was coming to him....BECAUSE he was an ass.

I don't ever want to be on the wrong side of ARFocm either. But I think as long as I don't try to cheat-screw-rob-or generaly be a dick. I think I'm ok.

It goes back to the age old: "Do unto others" theme.

[wave]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 9:40:37 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm glad this has resolved favorably and I'm glad that the arfcom army has come to the defense of a fellow member.

Now I hope they can respect his wishes to stop...
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 3:44:58 PM EDT
[#22]
DON'T FUCK WITH AR15.COM!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top