Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2001 9:06:19 PM EDT
...king LAME!!!
I've been on the computer for 47 minutes and been disconnected 16 times!
Is this a situation where the Better Business Bureau should be contacted?
The State Attorney General?
I mean, these guys advertise "ride the light!",
WHAT, in the DARK?
Class action lawsuit for fraud?
I'm not getting reimbursed for the inconvenience, is anyone else?
I pay the premium price to not get bumped offline, yet...
Who knows about this DSL service and why it disconnects so often?
I can't print what I've been saying for the last hour.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 9:15:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been on Qwest DSL (independent ISP) for over a year and haven't had a single second of downtime.

[IMG]http://www.themelee.com/smilies/s/otn/laughing/lol2.gif[/IMG]

Oh yeah, call and threaten to switch over your phone and internet service to cable if they don't get it fixed.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 9:22:33 PM EDT
[#2]
That's great!  Me, too.
This is a recent problem.
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 12:24:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I think they are great!

You see, they helpfully laid two fiber optic cables on the backside of my property without my permission last year.  Now they gonna pay big to keep them there.  Just waitin for the first check.

"Ride The Light"...all the way to the bank.[:D]

T-Cubed, and 360 Networks are next on the "Pay Me Now" hit list for the same thing.
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 1:04:17 AM EDT
[#4]
One possibility...

BusMaster007, do you have a Cisco 675/678 DSL modem?  I know a number of Qwest DSL users with that modem that were hit with the "Code Red" virus.  It was affecting the modem itself causing it to disconnect from the net over and over again.

Quest's write-up on it is here:

[url]http://www.qwest.com/dsl/customerservice/coderedvirus.html[/url]

Of the four coworkers I have that had that problem, 3 switched to cable, the 4th bought another modem.

- Robbie
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 9:39:41 AM EDT
[#5]
The modem is an Intel PRO/DSL 2100.
Windows98SE.
Shouldn't have affected me.
Must be at their end, which is why I was so ticked off.
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 9:47:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I think they are great!

You see, they helpfully laid two fiber optic cables on the backside of my property without my permission last year.  Now they gonna pay big to keep them there.  Just waitin for the first check.

"Ride The Light"...all the way to the bank.[:D]

T-Cubed, and 360 Networks are next on the "Pay Me Now" hit list for the same thing.
View Quote

Man, that sounds great! Who do I need to contact to get some unauthorized cable layed on the edge of my property?

Michael
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 9:58:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Ponyboy,
Had the same thing happen to me.  GTE/Verizon was putting cable on my prop.  We had it stopped.  One place to look is "County Records".  May be a different name in your area, find out who keeps the plats, deeds, and other stuff related.  Your looking to discuss "right-of-way" with them.

Good Luck
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 10:10:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Busmaster, try to contact Qwest.  If you get jacked around, the State Attorney General's Office of your state can advise!

Do it NOW!

DaMan
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top