Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2005 4:42:17 PM EDT
Are officials approximating the number of NO residents believed to have been in NO at the time Katrina hit?

Also, I saw today on CNN where the president of the NAACP was suggesting that the African-American "victims" of Katrina receive remunerations.  For what?  I'm having a hard time understanding this one.  This really chapped my ass because this idiot, and other liberal racist idiots just like him, believe that African-Americans should be treated differently than others, and, in fact, should get paid as a result of their suffering from this natural disaster.  In all fairness, I know it is only a matter of time before lawyers and advocacy groups of ALL types start in with the lawsuits.  My suggestion is for the victims to refer to their homeowner's or renter's insurance policies.  What's that you say?  No insurance?  Well, please explain to me who should pay for those choices to not carry some sort of insurance, to live in an area below sea level, prone to hurricanes, with warning and speculation for YEARS of predicted disaster prior to Katrina?  And why?  I believe I need to be educated on this one.

I know the government, especially FEMA and the local NO, and LA governments are not without fault in their response in the aftermath of Katrina, but all in all, they've done a pretty good job.  My last question is: With several days warning, are there any victims other than those in hospitals or facilities that were believed to be safe?  Or, are many of these "victims," victims of their own poor decisions?  

Any thoughts?  I might be missing several angles here.

Blake

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:52:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Buehler, Buehler...
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:57:03 PM EDT
[#2]
75% left ahead of time
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:58:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Change your topic tutle to CNN: NAACP President wants Katrina evacuees to receive reparations.

See if you can find a link.

Then you'll see some action.

Of course, we know what everyone on ARFCOM thinks about this already.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:17:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top