Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 9/23/2001 10:21:42 PM EDT
I finally went shooting today, it has been several months since I have gone due to my back injury. Anyway, I was out there practicing shooting prone and realized that I really didn't know if I was doing it right or not.[sniper] I did okay, about 6-7" groups @ 100 yards with an AK47, but think I can do better. I was using a sling with my body slightly angled left of the rifle, my left arm about 4-5" left of the barrel, and my right leg angled to about my knee.[sniper] Any suggestions for improvement?? Should my left arm be more under the barrel?? My body straighter?? Should I be as low to the ground as possible or higher?? [sniper] I really want to practice this position more, but it does a huge number on my back.[>Q][>Q][>Q] Thanks sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 10:29:14 PM EDT
post this on the competition forum with attn. lew tippie and you will get some great answers......pat
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 10:48:11 PM EDT
Thanks...will do sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 11:21:27 PM EDT
Sounds good to me. As low as possible without "scrunching down" will keep you more stable, I would think. Example - shooting across a depression when you are on the downslope is uncomfortable and unstable - having to get that muzzle up to make the shot sucks. OTOH, shooting over the crest of a hill while prone is very comfortable and stable. Just my two cents. Glad your back shooting. Tate
Top Top