Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2005 4:05:47 PM EDT
No I dont have a warrent, just something that popped into my head on the way to work.

Say someone lived in Florida and got a speeding ticket and decided to not pay it, then moved to say Wyoming. Has lived in WY for 6 months and has a WY DL. If he gets pulled over will anything show up from Fl from the WY DL?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:08:20 PM EDT
[#1]
If you live in a interstate compact state. Yes it will. You would not be able to get another drivers license since the one you had would be suspended for non payment of fines. It would definatley show up on your record.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:09:01 PM EDT
[#2]
OK just curious. Didnt know how it worked.

Quoted:
If you live in a interstate compact state. Yes it will. You would not be able to get another drivers license since the one you had would be suspended for non payment of fines. It would definatley show up on your record.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:11:58 PM EDT
[#3]
no it wont show up, unless the warrant was entered NCIC and then I doubt they would ever extradite on a  moving violation

unless of course whte he said on trying to get a DL
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:15:00 PM EDT
[#4]
It might show up, but it's unlikely the state the warrant was isssued in would extradite. So the drivr might find themselves sitting on the side of the road for a half hour or so waiting for a return call saying"we wont extradite."  In the situation the police would likely cite you for wahtever they originally stopped you for, and encourage you to take care of that old warrant.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:43:27 PM EDT
[#5]
nah would'nt extradite on a traffic warrant. But you would still be suspended, which is a jailable offense in Ok.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:44:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I wouldn't worry about it.  I mean, its a Fiero...
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:04:36 PM EDT
[#7]
my brother in law moved here from new york.  he decided that he wouldn't bother with his tickets since he was moving...  5 years later, they came after him.  he ended up having to pay for airfare to fly up to NYC, sit in court, and pay all of his tickets.

i guess it's all a matter of whether or not the state wants to pursue you.

also, i heard that there is now a national database for traffic violations - or maybe it was a state database for texas.  maybe someone with a little more knowledge can chime in on that one...
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 1:15:59 AM EDT
[#8]
    The part of will they come and get you depends on the jurisdiction. I saw a guy extradited back to some town in the Florida Keys for a "drunk and disorderly conduct" summons from Missouri. Some jurisdictions will extradite for just about anything.

Its also seems to be very rare in my experience for a warrant not to be entered in to NCIC. The points bit depends on if the state is a compact state or not. The drivers convction information would not usually show up in another state, but a failure to appear warrant will.

Jason
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 1:35:33 AM EDT
[#9]
A former coworker didn't pay several (serious) traffic tickets here in SC.  He moved to Wisconsin so he didn't bother paying the tickets since he believed (is this correct?) it isn't one of the interstate compact states.  The local sheriff asked the sheriff there to arrest him, but the sheriff there refused since in SC you don't have a right to a trial or even a judge in traffic ticket cases.  He's still free and driving since this state has a joke of a legal system.  Apparently extradition isn't enforced that consistently.z
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top