Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2006 5:36:44 PM EDT
Looks like i am leaving jersey and heading to tx.  I own a LLC in nj which i would want to move to TX.  Can i just move it to TX or do i have form a new one in tx.  You think this will screw up a auto loan in the company name?  I know i should just make some phone calls and i will in the morning, i am just anxious!

Matt
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:00:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Most LLC's are created in the state, they aren't national.  (I know this is true in Colorado)
I believe you would need to create a new one.
you should check both state's website however it is registered.  (in Colorado for example it's the Secreatary of State's office to do this)
ON the loan, you should probalby talk with the bank.

I know, no help, but I tried.

B
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:40:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Looks like i am leaving jersey and heading to tx.  I own a LLC in nj which i would want to move to TX.  Can i just move it to TX or do i have form a new one in tx.  You think this will screw up a auto loan in the company name?  I know i should just make some phone calls and i will in the morning, i am just anxious!

Matt

Call a corporate lawyer up.

I know many businesses that incorporate in NJ for the favorable corporate laws.

I believe you just need a lawyer up there to keep a file in the state for you, setup the mintues of the execs, etc.

Just change the billing addeys and forward your mail.  Change your TAX EIN info.

This is all off the top of my head, but a good call to a corporate lawyer will do wonders for good info.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:42:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the tips guys.  I been doing some deep reading on the texas and nj corporate tax laws.  It seems like i may just be able to pull this off and not get screwed with taxes or anything.  I'm trying to advoid getting 'double' taxed.  The process for a out of state company to do business in tx seems pretty easy.  Just a couple forms i will have to fill out.  My parents will still live in NJ so they will be able to help me out with NJ tax forms with my accountant if anything had to be taking care of.

The only reason i am against just going to TX and forming a new LLC is i do not want to have to pay of my truck loan.  I owe 20k at 0 percent interest.  I want to put that money into a income producing property.

I need to make sure i can get tx plates for my truck.  I do not think that will be a proablem though.

One step closer to leaving NJ!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:19:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Most LLC's are created in the state, they aren't national.  (I know this is true in Colorado)
I believe you would need to create a new one.
you should check both state's website however it is registered.  (in Colorado for example it's the Secreatary of State's office to do this)
ON the loan, you should probalby talk with the bank.

I know, no help, but I tried.

B

A Colorado LLC can do business (and gain authority to do so) in other states.  I've done it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top