Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2005 5:37:03 AM EDT
When an ambulance passes you with lights flashing etc. or you see a car wreck do you make the Sign of the Cross or say a small prayer? I always do.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:38:03 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
When an ambulance passes you with lights flashing etc. or you see a car wreck do you make the Sign of the Cross or say a small prayer? I always do.

I used to, but for some reason I have gotten out of the habit.  Thanks for the reminder...I will start again today.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:43:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Actually, yeah, I do.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:45:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I ususally say a prayer for whoever is on board.  I don't know them or their condition, but I know Someone who does.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 1:13:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I always say a prayer that they may recieve the gospel and their families and that Gods will be done.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 1:48:27 PM EDT
[#5]
always....last rites, just in case.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:09:18 PM EDT
[#6]
After 17....yes I said 17yrs, of expensive catholic schooling I finally realized that catholicism is just like all other worshiping hoards. So, to answer your question, NO. why would I ? I've realized "FAITH"= foolish IMHO.YMMV
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:11:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
After 17....yes I said 17yrs, of expensive catholic schooling I finally realized that catholicism is just like all other worshiping hoards. So, to answer your question, NO. why would I ? I've realized "FAITH"= foolish IMHO.YMMV

Then what are you doing in the religion forum?

gtfo
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:12:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:48:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

gtfo

LOOKIN "around........
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:51:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes I do for whom ever is on board and whom ever is administrating the care.  Patty
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:13:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Well...

I'm not a Catholic...but when I was a little girl...7 at the oldest...my older  Catholic playmate  told me and her sister that the Nuns (St Anthony Catholic school) instructed the class to say a prayer anytime  an ambulance siren is heard.  

So I resolved then to pray when I see or hear an ambulance. At some point I included police cars 'working'. Yesterday...it was a Code 2 (responding w/lights, no siren) LAPD unit that was prayed for. . . Bomb squad,  helicopters, fire dept and the folks they are helping get intercession too.

wow...about 50 years of prayers.

Gwen
feeling my age today :)
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:48:43 PM EDT
[#12]
GwenInLA1 that's awesome!  Patty
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:48:44 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

gtfo

And they say religious people butt into other peoples business and disrupt?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:05:53 PM EDT
[#14]
The last time I did was September 11th, 2001.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:38:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
The last time I did was September 11th, 2001.

You and I and a bunch more too.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:46:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:47:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:46:40 PM EDT
[#18]
I do.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:58:11 PM EDT
[#19]
I don't.

Never thought of it I guess.

What if its God's timing for somene to die and be with Him / go to their eternal reward??

I'd have no idea how to pray.

When its my time to go, don't none of you be praying trying to keep me here ether.

Seriously, life is full of tragedy. I can't pray for all of it.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:11:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:19:16 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

What if its God's timing for somene to die and be with Him / go to their eternal reward??

You just pray for them, is all.
If they go, may they go in peace.
If they survive, may they recover.

In the end, "God's will be done."

You pray for the emergency workers that they can deal with the situation, and that they are safe and well afterward.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:21:27 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You pray for the emergency workers that they can deal with the situation, and that they are safe and well afterward.

I gotta say....that just sounds weird to me.....

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:52:29 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Come on now, you know better then that!

Seriously, I think that people who drive like they are in a NASCAR race when they are going to work are selfish. They risk everyone's lives on the road and when they crash I smile. I just hate to be caught in the mess they create, I gotta get places to ya know. The last big one was on our only real freeway here, a semi going 85+ in the fast lane when IT WAS RAINING, flipped over and caught on fire...he deserved to not walk away. Just how I feel.

What about the little kids who were hurt as a result of the nascar driver? They deserve a prayer.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:48:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:53:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Nope.....cant say that I do
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:20:25 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Would that be more, or less weird than the times Jesus prayed?

How does my prayer for the safety of fellow humans fall in comparisson to Christ praying to God to take away his burden?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:52:43 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

May I ask why?

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:27:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Yes I do.  I also say a prayer for the occupant of any hearse I see.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top