Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/4/2002 6:31:08 PM EDT
Has anyone ever replaced a starter on a Nissan Altima? Is there a resource on the web were I can find like a chiltons manual that gives a description on what bolts to take out so I can pull the starter out? If I cannot find anything on the web I guess I will need to go to the Library tommorow and see what I can find, I am trying to not need to go and buy a chiltons manual, gatta try to stretch the funds these days you know! I am needing to replace the starter in my Nissan Altima, and after beginning to tear into it I am finding this is a real pain in the keester! No wonder why the mechanic shop wanted $200 dollors to replace the stupid thing! Any help would get greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 6:37:44 PM EDT
Bite the bullet, sell a pint of blood and buy the manual! It'll only cost about $15 and you wont have to try to remember if the book at the library said "what ever you do, don't take out the third bolt!" Tightwad![:D]
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 6:41:28 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Pangea: Bite the bullet, sell a pint of blood and buy the manual! It'll only cost about $15 and you wont have to try to remember if the book at the library said "what ever you do, don't take out the third bolt!" Tightwad![:D]
View Quote
Definitely buy a tear-down manual from your local auto parts store! It'll be the best $13 you ever spent! I've done every repair my car has ever needed short of replacing the head gasket. And I started knowing nothing about cars; I just know how to read & follow directions.
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 6:45:28 PM EDT
What year is it? Might have some info for ya. Have had a couple of em.
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 7:56:01 PM EDT
Piece of cake [:)] Email me with the year and what kind of transmission and I'll give you step by step instructions. Done a lot of them.
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 8:04:42 PM EDT
Chiltons manual can be found in most public libraries. price- free
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 8:30:36 PM EDT
Try posting an inquiry on [url=http://www.altimas.net/forum]Altimas.net[/url].
Top Top