Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2005 3:07:11 AM EDT
I have a friend who's staying in Australia right now (at a college there) and is having issues getting into a chatroom where we normally congregate each evening. Here's the dilemna:

Is anyone en expert in de-firewalling mIRC? I can't get into the room under the Monash firewall

Any ideas for dealing with this?

-George

Link Posted: 3/17/2005 3:29:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Bump.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 3:43:07 AM EDT
[#2]
You can try here I have never used ths but it sounds like what you are looking for.

Good Luck.

Link Posted: 3/17/2005 3:49:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't use Macs regularly .  but i did a search on yahoo.  it could be the built in firewall blocking mirc  tinker with this page and uncheck the firewall:
link
sorry im not very much help on macs
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 4:02:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks folks! We are trying the suggestion of turning off the built in firewall to see if that helps first.

Also, feel free to keep the ideas coming, just in case that step doesn't work. Thanks again!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top