Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2001 8:20:56 AM EDT
If I bring my Glock19 into the state of CA which I purchased about 5 years ago can I bring the hi-caps? (Or if I have a couple laying around already here can I use those?) Also would I need to register it? I moved to CA around the time of the date below.
Quote from DOJ:

"Effective January 1, 1998, any person who moves into California and who brings any pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person is considered to be a "Personal Handgun Importer" and is required to do one of the following within 60 days:

Complete and submit a Report of Handgun Ownership form along with $14.00 to the Department of Justice. A separate report form and $14.00 fee is required for each handgun reported. Report of Handgun Ownership forms can be obtained from California Department of Motor Vehicles' offices, licensed firearms dealers, local police and sheriff's departments, the California Department of Justice Firearms Division at (916) 227-3703, and from the Online Forms Page at this site."
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 8:27:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Importing the pistol is no problem if you just fill out the form adn pay the DoJ their $14.

But you cannot legally bring high-cap magazines into California. Unless of course you mailed them here several years ago and left them with a friend for safekeeping.

The mags are not traceable.
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 8:48:32 AM EDT
[#2]
mags? what mags? say nothing and theres nothing to worry about
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 1:11:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 4:35:55 PM EDT
[#4]
But you cannot legally bring high-cap magazines into California. Unless of course you mailed them here several years ago and left them with a friend for safekeeping.

The mags are not traceable.
View Quote

Are you already living here?  If so, no sweat.  The gun and mags were here the whole time, WEREN'T THEY?

Did you already move some stuff here and store it here, before the ban?  The gun and mags were here the whole time, WEREN'T THEY?

If not, it's different.  You are not allowed to lend your friend evil magazines.  No jury or judge will believe that you, in consideration of the imminent ban, sent the mags to California without some pretty strong corrabrating evidence.  Even if they do entertain the claim that you stored them at your friends house, he will have to testify in court and one or the other of you will be looking at trouble.

Bring the Glock, leave the mags.  Sorry. [:(]
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 6:45:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Since you bought them here in ca before the ban  you have no worries
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 9:34:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the replies!  I was actually doing some spring cleaning and found a couple of mags that have been here from before the ban.
Thanks for the motivation to sift through some old boxes that were in storage.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top