Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 10/8/2007 2:26:59 PM EST
I just got my armor on Friday, fits great and is actually somewhat comfortable. Only problem with it is it is only Level II, not IIa, but just II. Would it be worthwile to buy some of the Level III or IV plates to put in there, just in case? How many other people do this?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:31:23 PM EST
You'd need stand alone plates since an inconjunction plate requires the IIIa panels.

Is this a concealable vest? My 1/2" level 3 plates would not be comfortable (too heavy for a concealable vest) or concealable in the slightest.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:10:03 PM EST

Originally Posted By tunatuk:
I just got my armor on Friday, fits great and is actually somewhat comfortable. Only problem with it is it is only Level II, not IIa, but just II. Would it be worthwile to buy some of the Level III or IV plates to put in there, just in case? How many other people do this?

You do realize level II is classed higher than IIa, right? I am surprised that you weren't issued level IIIa. Even the NYPD started doing that.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:39:07 PM EST

Originally Posted By Vinnie:

Originally Posted By tunatuk:

You do realize level II is classed higher than IIa, right? I am surprised that you weren't issued level IIIa. Even the NYPD started doing that.

I was told II was lower than IIa...guess my info was wrong.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:05:24 PM EST
I have the front and rear panels, and a small soft plate right over my heart. I am mainly looking for something to stop rifle and shotgun slug rounds as I know they will easily blow straight through both panels of my soft armor. I am more worried about my vitals (heart, lungs) than taking a gut shot. They can cut out my intestines and wire my stomach to my asshole, but they can't easily remove a heart and have me alive still.

How much would a plate carrier with plate run? No need for me to have any compartments to hold anything other than shotgun shells and an extra pistol mag or 2 as we are not allowed to have rifles at all.
Top Top