Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/3/2001 4:39:53 AM EDT
Question. What happens to the files you fill out when you purchase a firearm from a FFl if he closes down? I have bought several guns from one store and it closed down for good..
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 4:48:42 AM EDT
Why they go to the ATF and they keep the records there. (C6) What records am I required to forward to ATF upon discontinuance of my business? [Back] The records consist of the licensee's bound acquisition/ disposition (A/ D) records, ATF Forms 4473, ATF Forms 5300.35 (the Brady forms), ATF Forms 3310.4 (Report of Multiple Sale or Other Disposition of Pistols and Revolvers), ATF Forms 3310.11 (Federal Firearms Licensee Theft/ Loss Report), records of transactions in semiautomatic assault weapons, and law enforcement certification letters. If the licensee was granted a variance to use a computerized recordkeeping system, the licensee is required to provide a complete print-out of the entire A/ D records, and an ASCII text file (conforming to common industry standards) along with a file description. [27 CFR 178.127]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 4:49:09 AM EDT
When "out of business" the dealer is required to send in his 4473s to the BATF guys. Mike
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 11:14:58 PM EDT
Used to be that the dealer could destroy the records after 20 years. I'm not sure if that part of the law got changed or not. Around 1994, a lot of (soon-to-be-ex-)dealers had floods, termite problems, and fires. It was a terrible year in a lot of ways.
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 12:04:16 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 7: Why they go to the ATF and they keep the records there. (C6) What records am I required to forward to ATF upon discontinuance of my business? [Back] The records consist of the licensee's bound acquisition/ disposition (A/ D) records, ATF Forms 4473, ATF Forms 5300.35 (the Brady forms), ATF Forms 3310.4 (Report of Multiple Sale or Other Disposition of Pistols and Revolvers), ATF Forms 3310.11 (Federal Firearms Licensee Theft/ Loss Report), records of transactions in semiautomatic assault weapons, and law enforcement certification letters. If the licensee was granted a variance to use a computerized recordkeeping system, the licensee is required to provide a complete print-out of the entire A/ D records, and an ASCII text file (conforming to common industry standards) along with a file description. [27 CFR 178.127]
View Quote
hmmmmmmmmm, then they have the paperwork I filled out to get the Bushmaster V-Match. Good thing I sold it.
Top Top