Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2002 10:23:01 AM EDT
When I retired from the Navy last week I recieved a couple of "thanks for serving" certificates.
One was from The President and one was from Gray Davis of Kalifornication.

I want to return my certificate from Gray Davis with a "nicely" worded letter explaining to him why I will not accept the certificate, communist rat bastard, liberal democRAT, and a few others come to mind.

I know what I am going to do, I want to hear your ideas.

Link Posted: 12/9/2002 10:25:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Send copies of your letter and certificate to as many newspapers as you can.  Someone is bound to run with the story.  Free publicity is the best publicity...assuming you can handle any adverse reaction that arises.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 10:26:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Keep the one from the Pres.

And you should send it back to Gray Davis and explain why - that should be real sweet.

Send it postage due, as well.

Link Posted: 12/9/2002 10:28:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Wipe your ass with it and send it back
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 10:35:53 AM EDT
[#4]
That kind of scum has no shame or sense of honor.  I would not give the government the 37 cents for the postage.  They would probably use the money to do something else to destroy the country.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 10:43:09 AM EDT
[#5]
burn a corner of it, and then send it back saying how you tried to burn the whole thing, but soon realized that bullshit didnt burn.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 10:53:57 AM EDT
[#6]
A couple of my thoughts as to what to do with the certificate...

[img]http://flymeaway.net/images/bin-dog.jpg[/img]

[img]http://flymeaway.net/images/copy-anim.gif[/img]

...and then return to sender, postage due.
[frag]
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 10:54:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Send copies of your letter and certificate to as many newspapers as you can.  Someone is bound to run with the story.  Free publicity is the best publicity...assuming you can handle any adverse reaction that arises.
View Quote

That's a really good idea.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 12:24:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Gray Davis sucks, but Bush sucks almost as much.  Bush would get you killed in a heartbeat if he decided it was in his best interest to do so.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 12:25:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 12:42:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
When I retired from the Navy last week I recieved a couple of "thanks for serving" certificates.
One was from The President and one was from Gray Davis of Kalifornication.

I want to return my certificate from Gray Davis with a "nicely" worded letter explaining to him why I will not accept the certificate, communist rat bastard, liberal democRAT, and a few others come to mind.

I know what I am going to do, I want to hear your ideas.

View Quote

Send it back to him.I'll even pay for the stamp.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 12:50:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm behind you all the way.  The more you can show your content for that piece of turd, the better.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 12:51:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Yes, send it back but not before making copies of it for use as targets![50]

BTW-congrats on the retirement![beer]
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 2:05:20 PM EDT
[#13]
When my Dad retired from the Army, he did exactly that.  Got a letter from Klinton and promptly sent it back with a few words sprawled on it.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 2:09:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top