Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2005 9:46:37 AM EDT
After seeing the video of the LEO's wrestling an elderly woman to the ground and forcing the evacuation of her and her dogs, this came to mind:

What happens to the property in NO? Be it land, building/housing structures, vehicles, etc,. Do the rightful owners still have claim to their property, even though the powers that be have forced the owners out?

When they start to rebuild, could this become an emminent domain issue?

Dupe cops, sorry if this has been posted already....

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:48:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Could be......
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:02:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I would expect that some private land is going to be seized to make more/better levies. If NO is rebuilt i predict it will be with a triple leavy system like in Holland.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:07:26 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I would expect that some private land is going to be seized to make more/better levies. If NO is rebuilt i predict it will be with a triple leavy system like in Holland.

more than that! there is a lotta talk about "remaking" nola with more businesses, more "upscale" housing, more industrial facilities. i see a redistricting of the 9th ward and other ghetto areas  happening. so do some blacks and they've already started a pac to see it doesn't happen. saw it on cnn yesterday morning.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:15:26 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

more than that! there is a lotta talk about "remaking" nola with more businesses, more "upscale" housing, more industrial facilities. i see a redistricting of the 9th ward and other ghetto areas  happening. so do some blacks and they've already started a pac to see it doesn't happen. saw it on cnn yesterday morning.

Yes... and when this occurs, the poor will be forced to look elsewhere for living accomodations they can "afford".   So, exportation of NO culture will be visited upon many urban areas.   We will have to wait to see who the winner is!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:18:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes... and when this occurs, the poor will be forced to look elsewhere for living accomodations they can "afford".   So, exportation of NO culture will be visited upon many urban areas.   We will have to wait to see who the winner is!

that's actually one of their contentions. rich folk don't play jazz or the blues; get rid of poor blacks and nola just becomes another yuppie/retirement haven in the south...
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:20:49 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good point - you can't put MORE of someting in the new city without putting LESS of something else in it.

Memphis, TN and Jackson, MS are sure to be big winners in the exported-culture department.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:49:47 AM EDT
[#7]
I expect a LOT of land will be seized via condemnation and eminent domain, or non-payment of taxes.  This will work because records will be lost, property owners will be unable financially to pay taxes (after losing their inventory because the police pried burglar bars off to "search for bodies" and left the businesses open to looters).  Many older houses will be bulldozed, including some undamaged or slightly damaged.  The land will eventually end up in the hands of real estate firms owned by or paying kickback to those politically connected.  Some people will become very rich.

(Edited, I am my own worst spelling Nazi)
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:53:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes, some ppl will become very rich, from a post-Katrina real estate boom.

"Hey, your land is under 4 ft of water, you've been evacuated and have no money, why dont you sell it to me?"

And then, carpetbaggery plain and simple.  

City Council holds a meeting to decide what to do with property, but the owners are 1000 miles away and no one is allowed back in the city.  Well, looks like no one objects, so I guess we get to condemn the land.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:26:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
After seeing the video of the LEO's wrestling an elderly woman to the ground and forcing the evacuation of her and her dogs, this came to mind:

What happens to the property in NO? Be it land, building/housing structures, vehicles, etc,. Do the rightful owners still have claim to their property, even though the powers that be have forced the owners out?

When they start to rebuild, could this become an emminent domain issue?

Dupe cops, sorry if this has been posted already....

The aforementioned said woman, and her same said dogs, having, in legal fact, conspired together to obstruct a legal order to vacate said property and same said premises, are, in fact, therefore legally, in fact of violation of RICCO as conspiritors and thereby proscribed under same said violation as forfeitureers of same said property to any duly elected or appointed representatives of any same said departments and or their duly appointed representatives of same said duly representatives and or agents, or officials representing same said above aforemetioned offices and or their representatives.

Be it further alleged that under the P.A.T.R.I.O.T. Act provisions the same said above mentioned woman, and her dogs, did willfully interfere with a normal and lawfully executed order by a lawfully ordained representative of a lawfully appointed and or elected representative officer of that same said entity have, in fact, and legally become designated as legally defined terrorists and thus are subject noit only to imprisonment but also subject to property confiscation in part, partial, or fully as any  lawfully ordained representative of a lawfully appointed and or elected representative officer of that same said entity shall proscribe within guidelines of same said aforementioned P.A.T.R.I.O.T. Act shall deem appropriate under same said code.

In short, yeah man... she and her dogs are F'ed ain't they never gettin' her property back, not never!!! She is a terrorist and her dogs too!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top