BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 12:18:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
@highstepper

Do you have a link to the video that this was pulled from?  I am interested in seeing it
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 12:20:30 PM EDT
[#2]
op, as your avatar says:  "WRONG"

Stop being lazy...
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 12:22:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Caught my neighbour blowing the leaves from his tree in to my yard last week.

Turns out I have a much more powerful blower than he does, enough force to FILL his back deck.
His drunken wife blew a gasket, she opened the door to their deck and the wind was blowing just right and blew a bunch of leaves in to her kitchen.

LOL
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 12:22:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 12:25:44 PM EDT
[#5]
My trees drop their leaves pretty early.  I can mulch them all up in to about 3 lawn bags.

Then the wind picks up a couple times in the fall, and my house seems to be a natural point for the leaves from an apartment complex across the street to wind up.  That's 8 more bags.  Every year.

I just pick them up, the disposal is the only big PITA.  Think I will see if someone will grab then from Nextdoor this year.

I will admit, every year while I am on my 2nd or 3rd hour of mulching leaves I think about writing the apartment management to ask "Hey, this year are you going to have your crew pick up your fucking leaves, or are you going to use the SOP of just waiting until they blow across the fucking street?"  
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 12:31:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Ask your illegal housekeeper if her husband/ social security fraud partner, has any time from his illegal lawn mowing business to clean your gutters and rake the leaves.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 12:45:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Your yard, your gutters - your cleanup.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 1:17:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Start a garden and compost them.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 1:23:35 PM EDT
[#9]
My leaves get taken care of during the first spring mowing.  Living in the country has its advantages.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 1:30:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I clean my property they clean theirs.
If I'm feeling like it I'll blow the leaves out of part of their yard just so they don't blow back into mine.  And occasionally they'll do the same.
I don't get bent out of shape over it either way.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 1:32:55 PM EDT
[#11]
The roads in my neighborhood are privately owned and maintained.  Leaves in the storm drains can get into the retention/drainage pond system and foul the system up, so we try to keep leaves off the streets and out of the storm drains.  I have a riding mower with a large grass catchment system that I can use like a giant vacuum cleaner with a 46" wide swath.  

When I run it over my yard to get leaves and mow the lawn, it is a simple thing to raise the mower deck a notch or two, and go over the sidewalk, parking strip, and street in front of my house, and my neighbors place.  It picks up all the leaves quickly, and with far less effort than raking and using a wheelbarrow.  My neighbor doesn't have a mower than will do that.  I always thought doing that sort of stuff was just being a good neighbor.  I'm fortunate that my neighbor appreciates it, and he treats me the same way.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 1:34:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
According to my stupid old lady neighbor that thinks she is the boss of the neighborhood.... you illegally leaf blow them across the street and into the storm drain.
Just watched this yesterday. This is the same woman who routinely calls the city and complains about my totally legal 5 ton military truck parked in my driveway because it's "big and scary". Then she breaks the law doing this shit.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4473/37381732044_bc2e94737e_b.jpg
View Quote
Most municipalities would love to know about that considering what it costs them a year to clean out clogged storm drains.  Return the favor for calling about your truck and drop a dime on her.  

Neighbor here has two large sycamore trees that love to drop their leaves across the road for some reason.  I usually mow over them and let the mulching blade do it's job; it works well enough when you hate raking.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 1:37:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Most municipalities would love to know about that considering what it costs them a year to clean out clogged storm drains.  Return the favor for calling about your truck and drop a dime on her.  

Neighbor here has two large sycamore trees that love to drop their leaves across the road for some reason.  I usually mow over them and let the mulching blade do it's job; it works well enough when you hate raking.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
According to my stupid old lady neighbor that thinks she is the boss of the neighborhood.... you illegally leaf blow them across the street and into the storm drain.
Just watched this yesterday. This is the same woman who routinely calls the city and complains about my totally legal 5 ton military truck parked in my driveway because it's "big and scary". Then she breaks the law doing this shit.

Our township does leaf cleanup and specifically says don't blow them into the road or we will be fined, that is included in the memo on when the leaf pickup date is.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 1:53:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Your yard, your leaves.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 1:54:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Take him to small claims court because he dosent take care of the leaves.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 1:55:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Your fault for living so close.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 2:14:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You don’t happen to live in the west side yo?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@armoredsaint

Unfortunately I do, why do you ask?
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 2:22:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Right back across the property line.
People should keep their trees on a leash.

http://jacksonville.com/sites/default/files/field/image/149098_web1_lif_leafblower.jpg
View Quote
Weak Sauce! Come at me, we have two of these running non stop during leaf season
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 2:25:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Tree war.
Grow a bunch of trees on your property to block his tree. After 20+ years, you'll have the last laugh.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 2:33:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The cinderblock wound up in his living room after having passed not gently through his picture window one night? 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I blow mine into the road. Motorcycle rider s love me.
lol

i remember as a kid, under 10 years old ride out bikes through the leaves and shit, and one homeowner but a fucking cinderblock into the pile of leaves and you can guess what happened next 
The cinderblock wound up in his living room after having passed not gently through his picture window one night? 
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 3:20:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 3:23:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Only if he gets the bang your wife after doing your yard work.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 3:30:40 PM EDT
[#23]
You should be thanking him for the extra biomass added to your yard.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 3:58:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
@armoredsaint

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@armoredsaint

I knew that looked familiar,  I went to Wasteland High School 
@SUPERSPORT
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 4:14:35 PM EDT
[#25]
For the nice, polite illegals on the one side, I blow all the leaves from their driveway and little strip of grass next to my house into my yard and mulch the leaves.

For the redneck dickhead with the non-stop barking dogs on the other side, I mow/mulch at the property line and use the blower to clean up my side while blowing his leaves back a little farther into his yard.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 10:22:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Holy crap. I just watched Live PD from last Friday. Something like the second call.... neighbor was blowing leaves back into tree owner's yard.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top