Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2005 10:42:11 PM EDT
Bought a packet of these yesterday.  I like the flavor, but they're too damn hard to eat.  The shells don't split like a sunflower seed, making it hard to get the kernel.

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 10:45:37 PM EDT
[#1]
thats cause your supposed to chew the whole thing shell and all. been eating them for lotsa years
lots of fiber
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 10:46:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Ummmmmm...........  OK  

Bored, are ya ?

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 10:47:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
thats cause your supposed to chew the whole thing shell and all. been eating them for lotsa years
lots of fiber

Yep.  We roast them up every year right around Halloween.    Those are the good ones!
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 10:50:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Bored, are ya ?

No.  If I was really bored, I would make a post about that 14" turd I dropped earlier tonight.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 10:51:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bored, are ya ?

No.  If I was really bored, I would make a post about that 14" turd I dropped earlier tonight.

Talking about pumkin seeds is fine.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 10:52:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bored, are ya ?

pics
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 10:54:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bored, are ya ?

pics

I thought about it.  No camera here at work with me though.  Quite possibly the longest turd I've ever dropped.  Must be because of all that Fiber One I've been eating.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 11:32:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bored, are ya ?

Talking about pumkin seeds is fine.

Yep.... pumpkin seeds are fine with me too  don't even want to know how you managed to find out it was 14"

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 11:35:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Yep.... pumpkin seeds are fine with me too  don't even want to know how you managed to find out it was 14"

I just eyeballed it.  Somewhere between 12 and 16" long I would guess.  Kind of hard to tell.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 11:58:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just eyeballed it.  Somewhere between 12 and 16" long I would guess.  Kind of hard to tell.  

IMPRESSIVE.......
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 12:41:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Pumpkin Seeds are (while not the BEST source( a fairly decent source of Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), a member of the omega-3 family of fatty acids. It is called an essential fatty acid because the body cannot manufacture it—essential fatty acids must be consumed in the diet. Dietary sources of ALA include flaxseed (best source), soybean, and pumpkin seed oil. Killer good for your health, FWIW. ;)

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 12:43:29 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
lots of fiber

Some of us eat salted peanuts in the shell the same way.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bored, are ya ?

1970 I came around the corner of the head and a sailor had one about that size in his rubber gloved hands with his buddy taking pictures.  "Twelve fuckin' inches" he says as I come through the hatchway.  It was one of the most proud days of his young life.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top