Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2007 2:07:21 PM EDT
We have a new term fresh from the Nuge board...

Pudd = EBR elitist who thinks that they are too good for hunting and/or do not need hunters in their fight for gun rights.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 2:15:21 PM EDT
[#1]

Seriously, when looking at the EBR community and the hunting/shotgun community, I've OFTEN seen the hunters have an elitist attitude and think they are "too good" for the EBR, but I've almost never seen EBR people who think they are "too good" for hunting.

Obviously, there may be some, but I find it completely backwards for the Fudds to be complaing about elitism.

These are the people that deriseively say stuff like "why do you need that" and "those are only for killing people" and "I don't think anyone should be allwoed to own THAT" when they see the EBR.

I've NEVER heard EBR people say that people shouldn't be allowed to hunt, or to suggest that bolt-aciton rifles or shotguns are useless, or pointless.

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 2:15:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
We have a new term fresh from the Nuge board...

Pudd = EBR elitist who thinks that they are too good for hunting and/or do not need hunters in their fight for gun rights.

Ooooooooh.. a snappy comment by a Fudd.

Stays right in line with their existing attitude.

To my knowledge, none of us have never stated that "we don't need hunters" in the fight. On the contrary... WE WANT THEM TO GET OFF THEIR ASSES AND GET INVOLVED.

Our choice as to whether or not we hunt is incidental.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 2:16:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Seriously, when looking at the EBR community and the hunting/shotgun community, I've OFTEN seen the hunters have an elitist attitude and think they are "too good" for the EBR, but I've almost never seen EBR people who think they are "too good" for hunting.

Obviously, there may be some, but I find it completely backwards for the Fudds to be complaing about elitism.

These are the people that deriseively say stuff like "why do you need that" and "those are only for killing people" and "I don't think anyone should be allwoed to own THAT" when they see the EBR.

I've NEVER heard EBR people say that people shouldn't be allowed to hunt, or to suggest that bolt-aciton rifles or shotguns are useless, or pointless.

+1
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 2:25:05 PM EDT
[#4]
It's not even clever, like "Fudd" - I mean, the cartoon reference is clear and unambiguous, and of course funny in an insulting way, with the additional subtle reference to "fuddy-duddy".  It's a great label.

WTF is "Pudd"?  What's that suposed to mean?  Where's the clever pun or reference?  Am I missing something, or is it just asenine and silly?

Is that the best these guys could do?  Why don't they just make up their mind, and settle on either the very clever "poopy-headed mean people" or the more honest "scary terrorists-lookin fellas" label.  Either seems suited to their narrowminded and shortsighted attitude.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 2:28:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, the divide part seems to be working...  
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 2:29:02 PM EDT
[#6]
God damnit NOOOO.

What are these fucking fucks THINKING?!

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 2:32:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 2:35:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Tacticool wasn't availible?

PUDD is pretty weak, you would thing with all the weekends that they aren't shooting their guns and all the ammo they aren't firing at the range they could come up with something better....
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 2:40:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I am always struck by the Elmer Fudd elitism about how deadly the EBRs are.  Last time I cehcked, Jim Zumbo et. al. killed movre living creatures in a single season with their bolt guns than I ever killed in my entire life with an EBR.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:13:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+1 again.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:16:40 PM EDT
[#11]
He said Pudd!!!!!

ANdy
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:18:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
WTF is "Pudd"?  What's that suposed to mean?  

pudd = pudding = penis
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:23:45 PM EDT
[#13]
So if FUDDS manage to drag to their side those that are only concerned about their EBRs, would they be pulling their PUDDS?

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:25:52 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

No shit.  It's time WE (The hunting AND the SBR-NON-Hunting communities and all those who do both) start educating and talking to each other rather than coming-up with new, "Cute" vindictive monikers for each group in the gun-owning community.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 4:39:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

pudd = pudding = penis

Well, that just makes them incredibly clever, doesn't it.

Wow.

What are they, 10 years old?  
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 4:51:22 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit.  It's time WE (The hunting AND the SBR-NON-Hunting communities and all those who do both) start educating and talking to each other rather than coming-up with new, "Cute" vindictive monikers for each group in the gun-owning community.

AND:  As soon as the Anti's are finished with us, guess who they are going after next?

I could easily define a Remington 700 with a leupold scope as a sniper rifle if I spoke legalese.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 5:10:31 PM EDT
[#17]
The simple fact that people continue to over-use the derogatory label of "Fudd" invites a label like "Pudd" which is deliberately close to "Fudd" and simply does mean "Dick".
If you don't like being called a Dick, then you should understand that others don't like being called a Fudd just because they do not agree 100% with your opinion regarding EBRs.  It is 100% OK to prefer bolt guns over EBRs.  
"Fudd" should be reserved with those elitists who not only think that EBRs have no place in hunting but wish them to be banned also.  We can disagree with others in the general gun community without using further devising labels.    
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 5:12:52 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

"Fudd" should be reserved with those elitists who not only think that EBRs have no place in hunting but wish them to be banned also.  We can disagree with others in the general gun community without using further devising labels.    

I honestly thought that WAS what the label "Fudd" referred to, and no more.

People like Zumbo, for example.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 5:13:18 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Obviously not, but the words of many over the past week+ could lead one to suspect that we may have 10 year olds posting on arfcom.   It never ceases to amaze me what people are willing to type from the relative safety of their keyboard.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 5:14:11 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I honestly thought that WAS what the label "Fudd" referred to, and no more.

People like Zumbo, for example.

It should be, but that is not how it has devolved.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 2:39:25 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

pudd = pudding = penis

Well, that just makes them incredibly clever, doesn't it.

Wow.

You should check out the Washington Post blog... virtually every other anti who posts alleges we suffer from a feeling of genital inferiority and are compensating by owning EBR's.

So much for the liberal dogmae of "ACCEPTANCE" and "DIVERSITY".
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 2:50:54 PM EDT
[#22]
we earned it

sure, they may have started it with the "terrorist" thing, but we compared tens of millions of hunters to elmer fucking fudd

remember how funny this board war was when you're burying tubes of PVC pipe in a couple of years
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top