Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2013 1:18:00 PM EDT
If you have a working vehicle that may not be the best but it runs and you price it at $500 expect everyone and their mother to call.

So if you want revenge, you could always use that to get back at someone.

I had one guy text "I'm grabbing $400 and will be right there." I responded back with "that sucks for you because it's $500."

I got stupid stories with trying to sell this damned thing.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:20:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like the EE...............
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:21:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds about right, i was selling a quad on there last month for $1900 and had a lot of low balls, and one guy that said he could do 900$ because he wanted to do a lot to it....
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:22:23 PM EDT
[#3]
If there is someone that you are pissed at, post a CL ad with THEIR cell number on it
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:22:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Use craigslist to pwn someone??? Never been done before.

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:23:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I once forgot to take down an ad on a Kegerator...I got calls 24/7!!
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:23:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If there is someone that you are pissed at, post a CL ad with THEIR cell number on it

I thought that is what the OP meant.... now I'm confused....
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:24:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I added the following clause once when selling an expensive piece of equipment and it worked out quite well:  "Price is fair and firm for a quick sale.  Attempting to negotiate down raises the price for you by $100 each try."  The first guy attempted to lower the price, so I stuck to the terms and told him the price had gone up $100 like it said in the ad.  He complained.  I told him I underpriced for a quick sale, it was still underpriced to get rid of it, he could pay or leave - I didn't care, as I had other buyers calling.  He was pissed but paid the extra, took the item and left in a huff.  I cancelled the google voice # and was happy.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:25:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Post it in the "personals" section to achieve better results.

......not that I would know or anything...
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:26:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I put an ad on CL with a coworkers contact info and said I looking for cats to adopt. I asked anyone with a cat that was interested to send a pic and an adoption fee could be negotiated.

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:27:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Post it in the "personals" section to achieve better results.

......not that I would know or anything...

Oh that's cold.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:36:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Like the idiot who just tried to get me to sell him 762 for 5.50 a box. Good luck finding a case anywhere right now dumbass
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:38:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did mean that.

Apparently at $600 no one wanted it but flakes. I've had nothing but flakes as I lowered the price. I finally found the spot right below equilibrium of supply and demand.

I've got another vehicle I'm selling... waiting to see if I get any bites. Chances are I'll just ship it to me for cheaper and run the thing into the ground.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:42:06 PM EDT
[#13]
I buy 2 or 3 cars during the summer up to about the holidays cheap. Then hold them to sell right now. Just sold my last one today. Made an extra 2000.00 this week.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:50:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I buy 2 or 3 cars during the summer up to about the holidays cheap. Then hold them to sell right now. Just sold my last one today. Made an extra 2000.00 this week.

Why is that? What makes the price jump this time of year?
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:51:00 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

If you have a working vehicle that may not be the best but it runs and you price it at $500 expect everyone and their mother to call.

So if you want revenge, you could always use that to get back at someone.

I had one guy text "I'm grabbing $400 and will be right there." I responded back with "that sucks for you because it's $500."

I got stupid stories with trying to sell this damned thing.

Alright, so you'll take $100 then?

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:51:25 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I did mean that.

Apparently at $600 no one wanted it but flakes. I've had nothing but flakes as I lowered the price. I finally found the spot right below equilibrium of supply and demand.

I've got another vehicle I'm selling... waiting to see if I get any bites. Chances are I'll just ship it to me for cheaper and run the thing into the ground.

I'll give you $160 for both.

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:51:43 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Income tax returns.

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:52:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Income tax returns.  

Ah. Good thinking.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:53:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Correct response to low-ballers, for me anyway, would have been: "Great, meet you at Government Camp at 3:15pm."

I've noticed Craigslist has recently added an "address" field when you post a listing.  You know, so you can give burglars a buyer turn-by-turn directions to your nice things.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:56:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Items always sell for a premium at tax refund time.  FSA has all kinds of excess cash, some of it mine.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:56:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Actual complete verbatim text conversation about a tool I posted for sale on Craigslist:

Him: Do you still have the XYZ Chengadera posted on Craigslist?

Rube: Yes

Him: I just visited the ad..Due to the nature of my work I would love to talk to you but phone calls making and visiting of website are restricted but i

Him: squeezed out time to check this advert and send you a text regarding so I am not allowed to get out of the unit or give calls whenever I want.let me know

Him: its firm price and the present condition as am willing to make payment via cashier check as soon as possible.Kindly get back to me with your address as to

Rube: OMG are you in The Unit
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:57:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
<$5K items always sell for a premium at tax refund time.  FSA has all kinds of excess cash, some of it mine.

Yep.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 2:00:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Actual complete verbatim text conversation about a tool I posted for sale on Craigslist:

Him: Do you still have the XYZ Chengadera posted on Craigslist?

Rube: Yes

Him: I just visited the ad..Due to the nature of my work I would love to talk to you but phone calls making and visiting of website are restricted but i

Him: squeezed out time to check this advert and send you a text regarding so I am not allowed to get out of the unit or give calls whenever I want.let me know

Him: its firm price and the present condition as am willing to make payment via cashier check as soon as possible.Kindly get back to me with your address as to

Rube: OMG are you in The Unit

Typical scam talk.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 2:04:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Price it at $1200. That'll put you into a different level of flakes and lowballers.

Let someone lowball you at $800.

Profit!

Sounds strange, but it works!

I've priced stuff at bargain, super low, "you'd be a fool not to take this deal!" prices
and still had folks either lowball me or want me to deliver it to them in the next town over, or some other flaky shit.
Waited a month and tripled my price, got lowballed again (Hey, it's Craigslist!)
and finally sold it for more than I'd originally asked.

weird psychology.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 2:06:35 PM EDT
[#25]
What's the lowest you'd take?

$5, but not from you.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 2:07:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Anybody wanna buy a snapper turtle?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=rvMZ-dzz2Cg#t=0s
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 2:08:47 PM EDT
[#27]
selling a fourwheeler said nothing about trades
a million replies wanting to trade you name it... cars, trucks, motorcycles, bikes....

the best two so far
a hot tub (we arent talking about a cheap fourwheeler)
a identical fourwheeler but older and without all the mods and nice tires and etc.. no extra cash just straight up trade lol
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 2:11:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Around here, I'm pretty sure scrappers will pay 500.00 for a vehicle. It doesn't even matter if it runs.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 2:13:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did mean that.

I'll give you $160 for both.

Not even funny because I had a guy offer me $500 for both. I didn't care. Thought about saying "fuck off" but hey, in his mind it is fair. That's negotiation. I just said nope. Thank you. I knew he'd just turn and flip them.

I probably wouldn't have lost anything but the cars are 2,400 miles away and arranging to sell these things has been a thorn in my goddamned side.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 2:14:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Around here, I'm pretty sure scrappers will pay 500.00 for a vehicle. It doesn't even matter if it runs.

would need to be pretty heavy vehicle
right now price is down  average sized car is right at about $300 scrap value
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 2:15:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Price it at $1200. That'll put you into a different level of flakes and lowballers.

Let someone lowball you at $800.

Profit!

Sounds strange, but it works!

I've priced stuff at bargain, super low, "you'd be a fool not to take this deal!" prices
and still had folks either lowball me or want me to deliver it to them in the next town over, or some other flaky shit.
Waited a month and tripled my price, got lowballed again (Hey, it's Craigslist!)
and finally sold it for more than I'd originally asked.

weird psychology.  

Tried that. But that was a few months ago. Forgot about tax returns else I would have relisted it higher. I got one person that will bid for it but I said no. I didn't put it in an auction.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 2:16:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Checked. Around there it is $250. Otherwise I would have scrapped it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 2:17:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Yep, craigslist is full of cheap assholes.

I sold a camera lens on there for $350. ($500 brand new) Guy emailed me and said it was a birthday gift for his daughter who is into photography. (even brought her with to try it on her camera) Next day I'm trolling CL and see the same one for sale, at $450. Even used my photos too.

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 2:23:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Yep, craigslist is full of cheap assholes.

I sold a camera lens on there for $350. ($500 brand new) Guy emailed me and said it was a birthday gift for his daughter who is into photography. (even brought her with to try it on her camera) Next day I'm trolling CL and see the same one for sale, at $450. Even used my photos too.

To be fair, if it was a teenage daughter she could have changed her mind lickety-split.

Had a few trade offers before. Might have done a trade were I there. But I got no way to ship shit back without large costs so no go.

I could send some midget trannies to 7M3's though...
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 3:08:08 PM EDT
[#35]
It gets better. They left the lights on so the battery is dead. I can't make this shit up. Gotta love it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top