Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2001 8:39:23 AM EDT
How can one prove that a pre ban ar was in his posession before the 1994 weapons ban if the bill of sale is gone, and if the dealer went out of business before the ban took place? Who would have ever thought you would have had to keep all those bill of sales. But anyway what would be the process for getting some sort of identification and proof? Thanks and sorry if this topic has been covered before. I am a newbie on this board.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 9:22:40 AM EDT
[#1]
doesnt matter if it was in possein all that matter is was it in that configuration to the 1994 assualt weapons ban/crime bill

if you really want to know try looking up the serial number or call the factory that made it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 9:53:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info. Looking to see how to get any kind of proof on paper though. I live in Konnecticut the other "K" state- unfortunately where they just passed another law to "expand" on their assault weapons banned list to close a "loophole" and also made it possible for police to seize weapons from gunowners they considered dangerous- as broad as a term as that was. Time to move but hard to do with a family. Basically it has been my philosophy that the lawmakers will do whatever they want. I can write all the letters I want as well but the bottom line is to keep a low profile.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top