Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2007 7:42:39 AM EDT
Alrighty, lately when ive been playin games i feel to drag a bit, and i think its the processor.

Anyways...my specs (Note: My computer is very clean and virus free, thats not holdin me back)

ATI Radeon x1800xt Video card   PCIe

3gb memory PC4200 DDR2

Intel Pentium 4 CPU at 3.00 GHz

If theres anything more you need to diagnose my problem, ill post it!

I dont have much of a heat problem, but im afraid overclocking may create one? Dont have much cooling other then 3 fans.
Link Posted: 4/13/2007 10:19:04 AM EDT
[#1]
what game.

3ghz  is plenty to run most games  
Link Posted: 4/13/2007 1:37:12 PM EDT
[#2]
For example S.T.A.L.K.E.R, I understand alot of that is with poor optimization...but also C&C3.

I just feel like maybe the processor is not up to snuff with the vid card and memory?
Link Posted: 4/13/2007 1:43:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Front side buss speed?
Link Posted: 4/13/2007 1:44:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Front side buss speed?

its either 533 or 800 what difference does it make

3ghz is plenty.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 5:17:01 PM EDT
[#5]
your computer specs are just fine. you may have some of your games using too much graphics. try toning your graphics setting in game down a bit and see what happens.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 5:41:53 AM EDT
[#6]
What framerates are you getting in-game?
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 1:59:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Stalker's programming issues suck a PC dry like a poor nympho at a millionaire singles convention.

I gave up trying to play it and am waiting to see if they are going to release some major fixes.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 3:45:20 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Stalker's programming issues suck a PC dry like a poor nympho at a millionaire singles convention.

I gave up trying to play it and am waiting to see if they are going to release some major fixes.  

whats your specs  ?
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 11:03:49 AM EDT
[#9]
You are in all likelihood not processor limited.

Got a bunch of background and/or system tray applications running?  Try killing some of those, either permanently or just by turning em off, before running games?

How is your hard drive looking?  Has it been defragged lately?

Are you using updated mainboard and video card drivers?

That's just a start of things to check when perceived performance is lacking.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 11:04:39 AM EDT
[#10]
A64 x2 4800
1gb 2x512 DDR400 in dual channel
Nvidia 6800
750gig of 16m cache drives.
Audiology 2 sound

It runs fine for awhile then it starts to go downhill (10- FPS). I then have to drop back to the menu and reload to speed it back up.  Sometimes if I try to go back to a previous map to complete a task it just crashes back to winblows.  Other times I complete a task and save only to have it later message that the task failed.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 11:12:22 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
A64 x2 4800
1gb 2x512 DDR400 in dual channel
Nvidia 6800
750gig of 16m cache drives.
Audiology 2 sound

It runs fine for awhile then it starts to go downhill (10- FPS). I then have to drop back to the menu and reload to speed it back up.  Sometimes if I try to go back to a previous map to complete a task it just crashes back to winblows.  Other times I complete a task and save only to have it later message that the task failed.

I'll tell you right now that 1GB of memory is really on the bottom end of being able to run most games these days.  The 6800 was a great card...i still use one...but its not enough horsepower to really drive todays hotness.  Drop another gig in there to start...if you still need more, bump up the video card.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top