Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2006 11:25:03 AM EDT
Opened my home Bellsouth Outlook Express e-mail last night on my home PC.

Outlook opened normally, then when I opened a specific e-mail, it would open, but the text would be blank.  This was true on new, old, sent and any other e-mails I opened.  It wouldn't show attachments either.

I opened my account up here at work and everything looks normal, so it must be the Outlook program I have at home.

What's up with that?

What do I do to fix it.

All help appreciated.

Thanks,

Merlin

ETA: to correct that it's Outlook Express.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 11:27:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I would try deleting your Outlook profile, then recreating it.  If all your mail is stored locally on your PC, be sure to back it up to a .pst file.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 3:05:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I would try deleting your Outlook profile, then recreating it.  If all your mail is stored locally on your PC, be sure to back it up to a .pst file.

Is there anything else a little less intrusive (i.e. read "easier").  OE is about as user-friendly as a kaboomed Glock.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 3:24:06 PM EDT
[#3]
you mean there are other problems with OE other than it arbitraily executing any code passed to it?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top