Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2001 3:38:52 PM EDT
Man, if it's not one thing it's another.

I finally got my AR perfectly sighted at 25m yesterday.  But I had to turn the front sight post so far counter-clokcwise that I can see light under front sight post. It is no longer inside the front sight recess at all but it's still screwed in and the front sight pin stiil does its job. Now the sight is so damned loose and high. But I'm shooting dead center now. Anyone ever heard of this??
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 3:44:32 PM EDT
[#1]
If you had to turn the frontsight post so high the threads are showing you have to ask yourself a couple of things.

Is the sighting in procedure at 25 meters done correctly, i.e. turn the rear sigh base up one click. Fire, adjust the frontsight and after doing so and being on target turn the base back that one click.

Was factory ammo used during the zeroing?

Did you fire the weapon on a rest to eliminate shooter error.

If so I'd contact the mfg of the weapon, at 25 meters the weapon shouldn't need that much adjustment to the front sight to get on target.

Kuiper
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 3:48:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Turn the elevation knop "up" one click first? I thought elevation is used only if I was shooting beyond 300m?  
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 3:53:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 4:09:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll try that! Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 4:15:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 5:06:22 PM EDT
[#6]
nobby,
do you have what everyone calls an A1 sight or an A2 sight? Or, do you have a flat top AR from one manufacturer and the carry handle from another manufacturer?
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 6:59:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I have an Oly PCR-5 with A2 sights.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top