Posted: 5/8/2001 12:40:34 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 12:47:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 12:48:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I have ProEars & really like them.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 12:49:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I use the Peltor Tactical 6s with neck band. I really like their profile which works well for long guns. I have used mine for days straight at -20f and they have never malfunctioned. I have had a couple problems with them when I sweat hard. The condensation builds up on the circut boards and they develop static and cut out. This doesn't affect the safety because they just shut off and you lose amplification. When I am sweating hard I just pop the ear pieces off over night and the next day they work fine. Again this only happens after days of sweating and no preventative maint.

I hope my experience with the Peltors helps you make an informed choice.

Hunter out...
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 2:04:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got several pairs of the gray Tac7 compactables, have to swap the ear cups around and invert them to get a better cheek weld on rifles, but they work great.

One and only reason why Pelts are better than ProEars? Batteries.  

You're out in the boonies and turn on your electronic muffs. You find out that some doofus (maybe you) has left them on, again, and the batteries are dead.

You stop by the Mom and Pop convenience store, do they have "N" batteries? Hell no. But they do have AAAs, like nearly any Circle K or 7/11 even out in the stix.

D.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 2:20:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I carry the Pro Ears line if anyone is interested. I use them myself, and love them. Thanks!

Donnie Pridemore
[url]www.sableco.com[/url]
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 3:02:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Neither.  Go to Dillon's web site and look up HP-1's.  They are the best.  :)

Link Posted: 5/8/2001 3:09:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I use the little foam squishy things for two reasons:

One, they provide plenty of hearing protection. (Did you say something? Wish this ringing noise would go away.)

Two, when your done with them, you can use the built up ear wax as a bolt carrier grease.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 10:52:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 11:42:39 PM EDT
[#9]
pro ears-slim line
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 12:25:47 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a pair of Peltor Slim-lines Tac7s, they are slim enough to provide a proper check weld.  But a lot of people say that the Tac6 are a bit more comfortable.  I have forgotten to turn it off once.  Now I carry spare AAA batteries in my range bag.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top