Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2005 1:18:53 PM EDT
Which would you prefer?

I am for the death penalty, but I think life with no parole is almost as bad, in some cases worse.

I'd rather be put to death than live the rest of my life in prison.  Life in prison is repetative day in day out, drive you crazy, violent, and no way I could handle it.  I'd rather sit in the chair for a minute than suffer mentally for the rest of my life knowing I could never be free again.  I'd also help you taxpayers out...

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:22:00 PM EDT
[#1]
You would surprised what you would do to live if you were going to die.  Easy to say, hard to do.

Not to mention criminals dont think logically or in any sane fashion to begin with. I dont think they are considering the tax payer.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:24:01 PM EDT
[#2]
No, it's a personal question.  Sey you committed the crime and could opt for life with no parole and live in prison forever or take the death penalty.  Which would YOU prefer?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:26:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Dude the chair (other than the chamber) is supposedy one of the most painful ways to go!
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:29:33 PM EDT
[#4]
"A pretty boy like you musta done some painful time..." - Stone Cold
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:31:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I choose neither.  I'd shoot myself in the head first.  Even on death row there is going to be the threat of a pooper violation.  Better dead than
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:36:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:49:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You would surprised what you would do to live if you were going to die.  Easy to say, hard to do.

Not to mention criminals dont think logically or in any sane fashion to begin with. I dont think they are considering the tax payer.

I don't know, ARDOC.  I will do anything to stay alive for a life worth living.  I know I would make it in prison.  But what for?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:53:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Ted Kazinsky lived in a shack in the middle of nowhere with only a few books.

That is the way he CHOSE to live his life.

To punish him for killing people we put him in a small room with only a few books.

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:56:47 PM EDT
[#9]
If I've done something that I know will earn me the death penalty (or even life in prison, especially the way the laws are sometimes), I'm not getting taken alive.  I've gone and screwed up so badly that death is what I deserve, quickly and relatively inexpensively.

If I've been railroaded, life in prison, for the chance I might be exonerated at a later date.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:57:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Dude the chair (other than the chamber) is supposedy one of the most painful ways to go!

Personally I'd rather go by firing squad.  That'd be my #1 choice.

I think that no matter how you go, those last few minutes you're going to be in shock anyways, plus no matter how painful it is it's only going to last a little while, then lights out... Ain't like breaking your arm and waking up to it throbbing the next day..  The next day you're dead...

I would be most scared of death by injection.  I don't know if it's true but I've heard that one of the drugs in the cocktail paralyzes's your body, while the other ones slowly kill you.  I couldn't imagine laying there paralyzed unable to express pain but feeling all of it being injected into me,  I'd have so much going on in my head it'd probably explode... Then again, it's not a broken arm...
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:59:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Ted Kazinsky lived in a shack in the middle of nowhere with only a few books.

That is the way he CHOSE to live his life.

To punish him for killing people we put him in a small room with only a few books.

But now he gets 3 good (better) meals a day, a clean shower, probably TV, and free healthcare, for LIFE!  More than some Americans get.  I think it cost the taxpayer around $175/day per prisoner last time I checked.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 2:03:05 PM EDT
[#12]
I wouldn't be taken alive unless I knew some hard dudes that were DEFINITELY going to bust me out. PERIOD!

In other words, I choose the death penalty. By my own terms
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 2:10:35 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
"A pretty boy like you musta done some painful time..." - Stone Cold

That made me LOL.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 2:22:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Death Penalty for sure.

No reason to house/feed the scum of the Earth.  Also, why let them live?

Let God, if there is one, decide punishment.  If that person doesnt believe in God, then take their life.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:42:15 PM EDT
[#15]
For the life of me, I have never understood why someone would fight to live the rest of their natural life in prison rather than taking the needle.

I don't want to die, but if I did it, and couldn't get out of it, I'd prefer death. A life sentence isn't worth living. I spent some time locked up as a juvenile, and it was probably the most valuable lesson I ever recieved. I am NEVER going back.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:17:52 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think that no matter how you go, those last few minutes you're going to be in shock anyways, plus no matter how painful it is it's only going to last a little while, then lights out... Ain't like breaking your arm and waking up to it throbbing the next day..  The next day you're dead...

I would be most scared of death by injection.  I don't know if it's true but I've heard that one of the drugs in the cocktail paralyzes's your body, while the other ones slowly kill you.  I couldn't imagine laying there paralyzed unable to express pain but feeling all of it being injected into me,  I'd have so much going on in my head it'd probably explode... Then again, it's not a broken arm...

Yeah the injection is also probably another one the horrid ways to go, but some people have survived several minutes in each they were probably concious in the chair for 5 seconds to 10 and they probably felt one of the most horrible pains of all, some have been lit on fire, had third degree burns on the place of where the electrodes were placed, had their eyeballs shoot out, all the while burning from the inside. In the Gas Chamber the people litterally break every bone itn their body. My distant relative Thomas Jefferson wrote an amendment against Cruel punishment,
I think this qualifies! They should revert to firing squad, except to stop any errors, they should aim for the head!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:02:55 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Which would you prefer?

I am for the death penalty, but I think life with no parole is almost as bad, in some cases worse.

I'd rather be put to death than live the rest of my life in prison.  Life in prison is repetative day in day out, drive you crazy, violent, and no way I could handle it.  I'd rather sit in the chair for a minute than suffer mentally for the rest of my life knowing I could never be free again.  I'd also help you taxpayers out...

I can see liberals finding a way to commute life sentences and putting killers back on the streets if for nothing else than to use the money saved for government healthcare or studying the effects of the reduced lifespan of blind cave spiders...
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:07:56 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

my understanding is lethal injection is like going under for surgery except time your not waking up. ever agien.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:16:08 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah the injection is also probably another one the horrid ways to go, but some people have survived several minutes in each they were probably concious in the chair for 5 seconds to 10 and they probably felt one of the most horrible pains of all, some have been lit on fire, had third degree burns on the place of where the electrodes were placed, had their eyeballs shoot out, all the while burning from the inside. In the Gas Chamber the people litterally break every bone itn their body. My distant relative Thomas Jefferson wrote an amendment against Cruel punishment,
I think this qualifies! They should revert to firing squad, except to stop any errors, they should aim for the head!

How are you going to break every bone in your body in the gas chamber?
I know it is a horrible way ot go, as you suffocate to death.

I think they put your ass to sleep before they give you the other chemicals on the lethal injection gurney.

I agree that the chair is a horrible way to die, as the victim is cooked alived. Ever seen an electric hotdog cooker?

The best way is probably the cheapest... bullet to the back of the head. It is quick, and the victim probably doesnt feel anything.

I think that murders should get the chair, as they did not show much mercy for their victims...I could really care less if they suffer.

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:23:45 AM EDT
[#20]
As far as I know, I've got one life to live and after that I don't exist, so I might as well experience life in whatever way shape or form comes.  I'd take life in prison, unless it was something like 24 hour solitary confinement.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:57:29 AM EDT
[#21]
I would take life in prison.

What if you had a beautiful little girl about the age of 4? Would you still choose death? Are you choosing death with the idea that you would be single and un-attached to anyone? Not trying to get you to change your mind in any way...just curious.

-Derek
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top