Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2010 2:09:02 AM EDT
I redeemed my points for a magazine subscription. Each year is worth 800 points, so I put down a quantity of 3. I get docked 2400 pt for 3 years.

A few weeks later, the magazine account shows a 1 year subscription renewal. I call up the dickheads at Priority Club and they tell me it is only good for 1 year. I pointed out that they took 3 years worth of points for a 1 year subscription. The idiot on the phone said he will have to look into this. I asked for my points back, and dickhead said he can't do that but he will call me back.

Why is it I never have a problem with Delta or Marriott points?
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 2:44:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I redeemed my points for a magazine subscription. Each year is worth 800 points, so I put down a quantity of 3. I get docked 2400 pt for 3 years.

A few weeks later, the magazine account shows a 1 year subscription renewal. I call up the dickheads at Priority Club and they tell me it is only good for 1 year. I pointed out that they took 3 years worth of points for a 1 year subscription. The idiot on the phone said he will have to look into this. I asked for my points back, and dickhead said he can't do that but he will call me back.

Why is it I never have a problem with Delta or Marriott points?

They are definitely a pain in the ass.  I have more points than I care to admit, but they didn't cost me anything.  Once I get to 400k I will use them for a trip somewhere.  They might get me a stay for one or two nights.

Link Posted: 12/17/2010 3:30:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Unless you are staying for more than 5 nights at a time, it's a better deal to have each hotel stay converted into miles.  I would use United or Alaska as those two programs have the greatest coverage, unless you happpen to fly Southwest alot.

Same thing with car rentals.

Link Posted: 12/17/2010 3:40:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Since I refuse to fly anymore...the miles are useless to me, also.

To the OP, I find it is never good to "order" multiples of anything.  QTY. >1 always seems to get F'd up
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 3:41:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I have over 1.5 million Hilton points. Only about 40-50 thousand Priority Club points. I have several time pointed out 10 or so missing stays. They have never been added.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 3:48:10 AM EDT
[#5]
The worst thing about Priority Club points is, the part where you have to stay at Holiday Inns.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 5:45:17 AM EDT
[#6]
38000 pts ––> $100 Cabela's gift cards

Repeat as necessary

Gift cards may be used towards purchase of firearms and ammo

K.I.S.S
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 5:49:19 AM EDT
[#7]
I got Hilton Honors
Top Top