Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2010 2:09:02 AM EDT
I redeemed my points for a magazine subscription. Each year is worth 800 points, so I put down a quantity of 3. I get docked 2400 pt for 3 years.

A few weeks later, the magazine account shows a 1 year subscription renewal. I call up the dickheads at Priority Club and they tell me it is only good for 1 year. I pointed out that they took 3 years worth of points for a 1 year subscription. The idiot on the phone said he will have to look into this. I asked for my points back, and dickhead said he can't do that but he will call me back.

Why is it I never have a problem with Delta or Marriott points?
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 2:44:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I redeemed my points for a magazine subscription. Each year is worth 800 points, so I put down a quantity of 3. I get docked 2400 pt for 3 years.

A few weeks later, the magazine account shows a 1 year subscription renewal. I call up the dickheads at Priority Club and they tell me it is only good for 1 year. I pointed out that they took 3 years worth of points for a 1 year subscription. The idiot on the phone said he will have to look into this. I asked for my points back, and dickhead said he can't do that but he will call me back.

Why is it I never have a problem with Delta or Marriott points?

They are definitely a pain in the ass.  I have more points than I care to admit, but they didn't cost me anything.  Once I get to 400k I will use them for a trip somewhere.  They might get me a stay for one or two nights.

Link Posted: 12/17/2010 3:30:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Unless you are staying for more than 5 nights at a time, it's a better deal to have each hotel stay converted into miles.  I would use United or Alaska as those two programs have the greatest coverage, unless you happpen to fly Southwest alot.

Same thing with car rentals.

Link Posted: 12/17/2010 3:40:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Since I refuse to fly anymore...the miles are useless to me, also.

To the OP, I find it is never good to "order" multiples of anything.  QTY. >1 always seems to get F'd up
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 3:41:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I have over 1.5 million Hilton points. Only about 40-50 thousand Priority Club points. I have several time pointed out 10 or so missing stays. They have never been added.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 3:48:10 AM EDT
[#5]
The worst thing about Priority Club points is, the part where you have to stay at Holiday Inns.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 5:45:17 AM EDT
[#6]
38000 pts ––> $100 Cabela's gift cards

Repeat as necessary

Gift cards may be used towards purchase of firearms and ammo

K.I.S.S
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 5:49:19 AM EDT
[#7]
I got Hilton Honors
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top