Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2001 7:05:00 PM EDT
I am fairly new to AR-15s, but will be making a purchase very soon and would like to know what the going rate is for a new one.  I have looked at a bushmaster and a colt at my local gunshop, (not sure of the exact models), both had 16" barrels though.  the bushmaster was going for $1200 and the colt for $2000. These both seem kinda steep.  Also what should i look for, best model, etc, etc.  thanks

brian73
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 7:22:46 PM EDT
[#1]
$1200 for a bushmaster!!!!! it had better be pre ban! were are you located in FL E-mail me for some info on some of the better dealers I know of in South FL
Link Posted: 3/5/2001 5:01:07 AM EDT
[#2]
They are deffinitly Pre-Ban.  According to the price, they had to be.  If not then watch out. Ask your dealer if those are Pre-ban. For the $2,000 Colt, with 16" barrel and collapsible stock and "Pre-Ban", the price is about right.  Not a good price, but fair.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top