Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2004 6:07:25 AM EDT
I really dont think its made that much of a difference. Sure preban prices have dropped some but most but thats about it.  Sig, Glock factory mags are only slightly cheaper, the only difference being they can now hold more then 10 rounds. I bought preban mags for around the same price if you looked around during the ban.  Not as plentiful but around.   I dont see any $600 Colt AR15s or Bushmasters for that matter.  Thats what I paid for mine in 1993.  

So much hoopla for so little effect in any respect.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:21:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been watching the EE and seen some differences. A few websites too. I think SteyrAUG is coming through for us too. He is selling Colts I wouldn't mind owning.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:36:30 AM EDT
[#2]
This is just a guess, but there should be little change in the cost of manufacturing at level of new rifles, so there would proabably little change in the cost of the rifles. Remember these small appearance changes only.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:41:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I know that a bunch of folks on this board said that we would be able to buy new armalites, bushmasters and colts for $600...Hugh they must have been full of it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:50:42 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I know that a bunch of folks on this board said that we would be able to buy new armalites, bushmasters and colts for $600...Hugh they must have been full of it.

If post-bans where $800-$900 why would new ARs with the extra features be even cheaper?  That doesn't even pass the smell test.  The only thing that will come down in price is the banned items that now can be manufactured again.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:57:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If post-bans where $800-$900 why would new ARs with the extra features be even cheaper?  That doesn't even pass the smell test.  The only thing that will come down in price is the banned items that now can be manufactured again.

I know that... but that is what several people said.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:09:08 AM EDT
[#6]
NIW USGI 30-round mags for $10? Yeah, I notice a difference.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:24:29 AM EDT
[#7]
The biggest place to see the diff. is in things like GLOCK mags, they are down to 20bux again, AR mags are around 10-15bux new/used. ARs really wont come down in price. The PREban/Postban terms still apply to the states that have their own set of AWB rules, that is why prices arent moving too much. my .02
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:26:53 AM EDT
[#8]
"pre-ban" Glock 21 mags $80-150 , today LE mags = $20-$30 , no difference ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top