Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/27/2003 8:19:03 AM EDT
Just breaking news on Fox president Bush is not in Texas he is in Iraq with our troops.

I am sure this is great for our troops moral and I am equally sure that this is going to piss Senator Clinton off big time since she is in Afaganistan, YES!!
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:21:42 AM EDT
[#1]
This guy gets it.

Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:26:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Just breaking news on Fox president Bush is not in Texas he is in Iraq with our troops.
View Quote

Well, I'd say "IT'S ABOUT FOCKING TIME!"
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:27:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm glad he's there.  I think his father visited troops once during 1990 also in the Gulf.  I sincerely hope that the troops he meets are honest with him about their equipment needs and concerns.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:27:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Thata-Boy!
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:29:44 AM EDT
[#5]
A leader that gets it!
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:30:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Damn this is a good president.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:31:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:33:17 AM EDT
[#8]
this is great news, he definately has a genuine love for our troops
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:35:00 AM EDT
[#9]
He is a good man, that's what makes him a great President.

Edited to say I just went out to inform my Mother and my Aunt about this great news of our President's trip.

My Aunt say's "all this at the taxpayers expense"

I about broke open my skull when I hit the ceiling.

What a way to ruin my Thanksgiving.

Some people just do not get it.

Persident Bush, with this simple selfless act has IMHO just guaranteed his re-election.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:35:25 AM EDT
[#10]
he would be a great president if he didn't back the AWB
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:41:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Well HOO-effin'-AH!

Cpt. Redleg
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:43:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Let's pray him and the troops will be safe over there.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:44:05 AM EDT
[#13]
So AF1 flew to Iraq right from here in Phoenix yesterday?

Or did he stop and transfer to a safer aircraft- like a B1- and do a Vladamir Putin.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:47:31 AM EDT
[#14]
[IMG]http://images.animfactory.com/animations/flags/nations_o_to_z/united_states_of_america_fl_md_clr.gif[/IMG] [size=6][red][b]G[/b][/red][/size=6][size=6][white][b]W[/b][/white][/size=6][size=6][blue][b]B[/b][/blue][/size=6] [/size=6][green][b]We salute you![/b][/green][/size=6] [IMG]http://images.animfactory.com/animations/flags/nations_o_to_z/united_states_of_america_fl_md_clr.gif[/IMG]
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:50:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Nope, he took a 747.

[url]http://www.foxnewschannel.com/story/0,2933,104246,00.html[/url]

Bush Makes Surprise Visit to Troops in Baghdad

Thursday, November 27, 2003

BAGHDAD, Iraq  — Turkey with the commander in chief was a surprise Thanksgiving treat for American troops in Baghdad (search) Thursday.

President Bush flew in under the cover of darkness to dine with U.S. forces serving there. It was the first trip ever by an American president to Iraq -- a mission tense with concern about his safety.

"You are defending the American people from danger and we are grateful," Bush told some 600 soldiers who were stunned and delighted by his appearance.

The president's plane -- its lights darkened and windows closed to minimize chances of making it a target -- landed under a crescent moon at Baghdad International Airport (search).

Bush flew in on the plane he most often uses, and White House officials went to extraordinary lengths to keep the trip a secret, fearing its disclosure would prompt terrorist attempts to kill him.

The news of Bush's trip was not released until he was in the air on the way back to the United States. "If this breaks while we're in the air we're turning around," White House communications director Dan Bartlett told reporters on the flight to Baghdad.

Security fears were heightened by an attack last Saturday in which a missile struck a DHL cargo plane, forcing it to make an emergency landing at the airport with its wing aflame.

Bush spent only about two hours on the ground, limiting his visit to the airport dinner with U.S. forces. The troops had been told that the VIP guests would be L. Paul Bremer, the U.S. administrator in Iraq, and Lt. Gen. Ricardo Sanchez, commander of coalition forces in Iraq.

In a ruse staged in the name of security, the White House had put out word that Bush would be spending Thanksgiving at his ranch in Crawford, Texas, with his wife, Laura, his parents and other family members. Even the dinner menu was announced.

Instead, Bush slipped away from his home without notice Wednesday evening and flew to Washington to pick up aides and a handful of reporters sworn to secrecy. Plans called for the trip to be abandoned if word had leaked out in advance.

Within the White House only a handful of senior aides knew about the trip, officials said.

Security fears were underscored by regular attacks against U.S. forces in Iraq. More than five dozen U.S. troops were killed by hostile fire in November, more than any other month since the end of major combat in Iraq on May 1. Early this week, a U.S. military official, Col. William Darley, said attacks peaked at more than 40 per day about two weeks ago and have since dropped to about 30 per day.

The violence persisted Thursday as the president was en route here.

Insurgents fired a rocket-propelled grenade at the Italian mission in Baghdad, damaging the building but causing no injuries, the U.S. military said. Also, a U.S. military convoy came under attack on the main highway west of Baghdad near the town of Abu Ghraib (search), witnesses said. And in the northern city of Mosul, unidentified gunmen shot dead an Iraqi police sergeant, said Brig. Gen. Muwaffaq Mohammed.

Since operations began, nearly 300 U.S. service members have died of hostile action, including 183 since May 1 when Bush declared an end to major fighting.

Bush's father visited U.S. troops at a desert outpost in Saudi Arabia on Thanksgiving Day 1990, in the runup to the Gulf War. "We won't pull punches. We are not here on some exercise. And we're not walking away until our mission is done, until the invader is out of Kuwait," he told the troops. At one p oint, he climbed into a bunker to chat with troops.

Bush's father shared lunch with U.S. troops 65 miles from Kuwait, occupied at the time by Saddam Hussein's forces. George H.W. Bush had been the first U.S. president to visit a front-line area since President Nixon went to Vietnam in 1969.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

View Quote
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:51:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Definetly a gutsy move! [shock]

Way to go G.W.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:55:50 AM EDT
[#17]

Wasn't the Hildebeast supposed to go to Iraq too?

So much for her grabbing the spotlight [ROFL]

Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:59:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Wasn't the Hildebeast supposed to go to Iraq too?

So much for her grabbing the spotlight [ROFL]

View Quote

She is in Afghanistan right now. And yes, she is probably pissed about being upstaged.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 9:00:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 9:01:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Out-Fucking-Standing.............Thrman may not be the best President ever and he may have is faults.but as an exservicemen He stands head and shoulders above any of the wanna be's..............Semper Paratus
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 9:01:25 AM EDT
[#21]
The_Macallan senator Clinton is in Afaganistan, I have not heard that she is supposed to go to Iraq. Would they let her into Iraq since they still dont want any pork in their country??
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 9:02:29 AM EDT
[#22]
He only took journalists that he could trust to keep silent...

...wanna bet the all worked for NewsCorp and Rupert Murdoch?
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 9:03:58 AM EDT
[#23]
[marines]...I like this guy!!
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 9:08:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The_Macallan senator Clinton is in Afaganistan, I have not heard that she is supposed to go to Iraq. Would they let her into Iraq since they still dont want any pork in their country??
View Quote

Yeah but they still have cattle there.

Bush 1

Dems 0

Link Posted: 11/27/2003 9:14:55 AM EDT
[#25]
My hats off to our greatest President in my lifetime. [beer]
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 9:25:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Goddamn. Too bad he wasn't attacked. The attackers would have recieved the full wrath from the Secret Service.[:D]
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 9:25:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 9:29:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Just saw video of the event.  It's enough to make me teary eyed.

There's a politician I can respect.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 9:32:32 AM EDT
[#29]

HOOAH!
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 9:32:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 9:35:21 AM EDT
[#31]

[blue]Amen Bush! Way to support our troups, freedom and the American way!!![/blue]

Link Posted: 11/27/2003 9:35:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's on Fox now Corporal_Chaos, when President Bush walked into the room surprised troops jumped up and yelled and cheered him. President Bush did get teary eyed.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 9:40:09 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

It's on Fox now Corporal_Chaos, when President Bush walked into the room surprised troops jumped up and yelled and cheered him. President Bush did get teary eyed.
View Quote

Yeah, I know, that's what I was watching.  I loved how the troops jumped up.  Just finished watching the entire thing.  Wish I could have been there.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 9:40:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Classy move....with the added benefit of upstaging Hitlery.  Gotta love it..
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 9:41:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Holy F'in Shit!

President Bush, my undying respect is now, more than ever, yours.  To take time from a holiday traditionally spent with family and friends at home, and spend it with our servicemen and women in harms way in the hell that is Iraq, speaks VOLUMES for your character.  

Now, we're just waiting on the bashers to come out of the woodwork.

Was the visit dangerous?  Yep.
Was it foolish?  Hell no.
Did it boost morale of our troops?  You bet your ass it did.

AWB renewal support or not boys, we have one hell of a President, and one hell of a man here.  Hats of to him.
[beer]
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 9:45:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Very cool of him. A classy move. Well done.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 9:45:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Wow!

Can you imagine the picture of AF1 flying over Baghdad?

Did you guys hear that?

That was the sound of the iraqi balloon deflating [:D]
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 9:52:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 9:55:42 AM EDT
[#39]
cool.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 10:05:17 AM EDT
[#40]
I really like this guy. What the hell did Billary ever do for us?  Shit I think I am gonna re-up for the 6th time.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 10:06:53 AM EDT
[#41]
this is a much needed moral boost for our brave soldiers who live in harms way every day.
I am very proud to be an American today.
I can only imagine the pucker factor of flying AirForce One into Bagdad International.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 10:10:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I can only imagine the pucker factor of flying AirForce One into Bagdad International.
View Quote

[rofl2] Your not kidding! The President took a huge risk today but it was well worth it!
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 10:13:15 AM EDT
[#43]
That man has BALLS !!!!!

YA JUST GOTTA LOVE THE GUY !!!

Lets see the Raghead Mutherfuckers stuff this one in their pipe & smoke it !!!

He goes into the Lions den and gives them one big "IN YOUR FUCKING FACE, YOU TERRORIST ASSHOLES" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Sadam & the puke Binladen are so tuff, lets see them top this one !!!

My sons friend, 5/3 Marines, was here when it came on the news. He really wooped it up & cheered !!! Then he told us he had voluntered to go back to Iraq to finish the job they started. He'll be part of a force of 20,000 Marines from Camp Pendleton alone going over. There will be 50K Marines total going over. He said that the Army's tatctics are getting them killed and that the Marines have been getting special training to keep this from happening to them. "This time. it's no more Mr. Nice guy. We are going over there to clean out the shitholes. The terrorist fucks are in for a big suprise when we get over there"!!

So, there you have it boys. One BAD ASS POTUS and a bunch of Marines ready to KICK SOME RAGHEAD ASS !!!!

HAVE A GREAT THANKSGIVING TO ALL !!!!

And God Bless the POTUS and America.

Link Posted: 11/27/2003 10:14:08 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
He is a good man, that's what makes him a great President.

Edited to say I just went out to inform my Mother and my Aunt about this great news of our President's trip.

My Aunt say's "all this at the taxpayers expense"

I about broke open my skull when I hit the ceiling.

What a way to ruin my Thanksgiving.

Some people just do not get it.

Persident Bush, with this simple selfless act has IMHO just guaranteed his re-election.
View Quote

Tell her at least he didn't get a blow job "at taxpayers expense" like the previous one did!
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 10:15:46 AM EDT
[#45]

[b]'WELL DONE' Mr. President ![/b]

May our merciful God protect our forward deployed troops on this and every day.

5sub
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 10:19:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Flying in on a bomber like Vladamir Putin did in Chechnya after he got elected was considered overkill this time?
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 10:20:21 AM EDT
[#47]
He is EXACTLY where he should be! Good job G-dub, good job!
AB
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 10:39:06 AM EDT
[#48]
In my short life......we have had 2 GREAT presidents.  One of which I was too young to remember......REGAN!   BUSH definatly has my vote this year since I can vote now...but BUSH is byfar the most respectable president i can remember.  

The two great presidents...REGAN & BUSH
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 10:45:47 AM EDT
[#49]
He is one hell of a President.  I heard about the news after just finishing a conversation with a friend who called the whole Iraq thing a quagmire.  This news should make for some interesting holiday conversations.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 10:55:09 AM EDT
[#50]
The CNN video was nothing short of awe inspiring.  The soldiers were clearly surprised and moved by his appearance, as was I.  God bless President Bush.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top