Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2002 10:19:46 AM EDT
Will taking a "pre ban" upper and having the flash suppressor welded, permanently attached, and having the bayonett lug cut off make it a legal "post ban" upper?   I have a post ban lower, but want a skinny barrel, normal flash suppressor looking gun, and all the ones i can find are pre ban uppers.  I dont mind cutting off the lug and having the suppressor perm. attached, just want to make sure it is OK.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 10:26:07 AM EDT
[#1]
You can't have a flash supressor on a post ban gun period.  You can remove the flash supressor and have a muzzle break installed.  If you cut off the lug then everything should be okay then.  I'm sure smarter people here will speak up about something I've missed.
Bill3508
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 10:28:51 AM EDT
[#2]
YES, it will work but only if you use a muzzle brake and not a flash hider or you could cut off the threading with a hack saw and recrown it, Brownells has a tool to recrown the rifle it is easy to do. The loss of an inch wont affect the accuracy and it will help lighten your rifle.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 10:40:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Damn, what i wanted was the look of the birdcage style flash suppresor.  So what is the technical difference between a suppressor and muzzle break.  Is there a muzzle break that looks like the birdcage?
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 10:45:10 AM EDT
[#4]
GJ,
 Go to Kurt Kustom Firearms website and look at their A2 and A3 TacBrake, it looks very similar to a flash supressor.  A flash supressor does just what it says it prevents muzzle flash, and hides your signature(shooting position).  A muzzle brake reduces recoil, but does nothing to reduce flash.
Bill3508
Top Top