Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2004 11:03:50 AM EDT
Seems some haven't received notice that their (formerly) preban ARs aren't worth the equivalent of a used car  anymore. Check this ad out from a major paper here in Arizona.

Preban AR-15 Bushmaster upper Eagle arms lower All swan furniture Aimpoint brand aimpoint W/Extras $2900 OBO. 480-241-9511
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:07:56 AM EDT
[#1]
When is everyone going to get over the fact that a seller can ask any price he wants.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:10:58 AM EDT
[#2]
its gonna taketime,,not until the market is flooded,with NO ban rifle will the prices drop. we can bitch all we want,,but until the supply rolls in,,they can do whatver they want,,,, NOW post ban rifles on the other hand,,, they should drop a lil bit,,, but like i said,,aim for around jan-feb,,to see prices really drop on mags,rifles and parts,,,,,right now sellers know we want em and will charge what they want,, for everyone of us there is 100 fools who no  nothing,,thats how they make their money!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:11:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Sukebe-

Of course we know that a seller can ask any amount they want for their goods. I'm just picturing the poor guy waiting a ver ver long time for any interested parties to call for his pre-ban AR. That's all.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:13:43 AM EDT
[#4]
It is worth what someone will pay for it.

Modified old saying "Two fools met, one left with a gun the other with cash".

Danny
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 12:26:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 12:46:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Yea but if Extras means the registered drop in auto sear then he did on a form 1 when he bought the rifle in 1985 than that's a pretty good deal.

I imagine his "extras" are some USA mags and, Orlite mags and maybe a leapers carry handle scope.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 12:47:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
When is everyone going to get over the fact that a seller can ask any price he wants.

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 2:01:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Seems some haven't received notice that their (formerly) preban ARs aren't worth the equivalent of a used car  anymore. Check this ad out from a major paper here in Arizona.

Preban AR-15 Bushmaster upper Eagle arms lower All swan furniture Aimpoint brand aimpoint W/Extras $2900 OBO. 480-241-9511

When was the ad placed though? Some of those run for weeks.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 2:08:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

When was the ad placed though? Some of those run for weeks.

I check this particular paper's classifieds regularly, so I can tell you that this ad was not placed until AFTER the sunset of the so-called assault weapons ban.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top