Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2004 4:01:02 AM EDT
I think its time for us to make a commitment here.

To pray for this election. I truly sense the forces of evil at work here, and I'm NOT entirely talking about sKerry here.

Voter fraud, legal challenges after the election, all kinds of stuff.

I'm not even saying to pray for a Bush win.

Here's my prayer -

That God would defeat evil in this country, that He would make truth and right prevail.

And if it be God's will, that Prez Bush (a man who has honored God ) would win  

Whadda ya think????

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:02:47 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
That God would defeat evil in this country, that He would make truth and right prevail.

Amen!

Onward Christian soldiers!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:05:30 AM EDT
[#2]
You sound worried ???
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:05:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:10:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't tell God what to do/

I keep it simple.

God, I offer myself to Thee--to build with me and to do with me as Thou wilt.
Relieve me from the bondage of self, that I may better do Thy will.
Take away my difficulties, that victory over them may bear witness to those I would help of Thy Power, Thy Love and Thy Way of life.
May I do Thy will always!

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:14:56 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You sound worried ???

I know the end of the story.

The only question is how close it is.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:17:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I pray for it all the time.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:18:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Watch Florida and see what our political system has become.  The skids have already been well lubed for a repeat of the debacle last time.  This time the disenfranchised have already began preparing for a court battle.  Just look at the local news.

Pray always for our great country and God's Holy Church.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:21:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, since Armageddon has been foretold, something has to bring it about. So, what's the big deal if Kerry getting elected is the catalyst to bring that about? It's out of our puny, mortal hands. IF you're right with God, then what do you have to worry about even if sKerry does get elected?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:22:02 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Watch Florida .

I don't think Florida will be as close this year.

I think Ohio is this elections Florida.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:24:23 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Well, since Armageddon has been foretold, something has to bring it about. So, what's the big deal if Kerry getting elected is the catalyst to bring that about? It's out of our puny, mortal hands. IF you're right with God, then what do you have to worry about even if sKerry does get elected?

Actually I agree.

John Kerry MAY be how God brings about His plan for the end of the world, and the Glorious return of jesus Christ to reign on the earth. Which I am SOOOOO ready for.

Yet Scripture commands me to resist evil. Here and now.

That's why my prayer SPECIFICALLY STATED "if it be Thy will."

As Christians, we always have one  foot in this world, one foot out.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:27:51 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I've been saying that since the Primary.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:31:39 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've been saying that since the Primary.

This is not said to stir shit -- just an observation --

I have never seen so many Democratic presidential signs in yards before. And that is a long time .

I will be surprised if Ohio is taken by Bush --JMO.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:32:42 AM EDT
[#13]
I think Hitlary will be the one in office to bring about the start of the end as we know it. But since no one knows when our Lord will be back , I can only guess at this. It just seems right that the queen of bit#$%s would be in office when Satan comes back to rule for awhile. I think they will get along very well

Sandman
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:36:23 AM EDT
[#14]
i am in on this one

ps, i have heard bush will win
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:48:22 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I think Hitlary will be the one in office to bring about the start of the end as we know it. But since no one knows when our Lord will be back , I can only guess at this. It just seems right that the queen of bit#$%s would be in office when Satan comes back to rule for awhile. I think they will get along very well

Sandman

I thought Satan was in charge right now. Armageddon is supposed to change all of that.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:15:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Well, right now he is on a leash, although from the look of things around the world lately it's a darn long leash. But after the rapture, Satan will be allowed to really run around and cause havoc. You will either take the mark of the beast or be killed. He will be looked upon as the one who can solve all the worlds problems. God will allow this to happen for 3 years? correct me fellows if I am wrong on the years, then Jesus will come back and defeat Satan. If you think the world is bad now....man wait until that rapture takes place and what is to follow afterward.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:16:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Where are you guys hearing all this stuff?  Point me to the burning bush.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:18:04 AM EDT
[#18]
I, too, am worried about this election. Could go either way.

BTW, I will pray about it as well.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:18:21 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Where are you guys hearing all this stuff?  Point me to the burning bush.

I can only refer you to the Bible.

WAY better than a burning bush.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:20:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Gods will be done!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:21:57 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Well, right now he is on a leash, although from the look of things around the world lately it's a darn long leash. But after the rapture, Satan will be allowed to really run around and cause havoc. You will either take the mark of the beast or be killed. He will be looked upon as the one who can solve all the worlds problems. God will allow this to happen for 3 years? correct me fellows if I am wrong on the years, then Jesus will come back and defeat Satan. If you think the world is bad now....man wait until that rapture takes place and what is to follow afterward.

Oh, joy!

Something tells me I'll be one of those left behind....
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:27:47 AM EDT
[#22]

Despiration.............

the new cologne by RNC

Chris
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:31:48 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, joy!

Something tells me I'll be one of those left behind....

I'll prolly be here too..I'll cover your 6
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:42:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Zaphod,
From many of your posts (which I do enjoy reading) I always thought you would NOT be one opf those left behind? Did I mss something?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:58:17 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Gods will be done!

Amen.

-LS
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:03:16 AM EDT
[#26]
I've been praying we get the leader we need.

There is a lot of "bad" around these days... and it hates the good. It seems to run the land in waves, ever notice that? A swath of bad stuff will happen (killings, things like that) and then "dry up".

God's will be done.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:38:39 AM EDT
[#27]
tag
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:43:51 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Despiration.............

the new cologne by RNC

Chris

I'm not following ya.

Our  Prez prays himself, and apprecaites the prayers of others. He said so quite clearly.

Appealing to the Supreme God of the universe is NOT deperation. FAR from it. Its a FIRST and BEST source of help.

Wanna know what desperation is??? Thinking MAN can do anything to help us out of the spirtual and moral morass that envelops America,

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:09:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Been praying for those things for months.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:35:14 AM EDT
[#30]
I pray the following:

God hates lying and liars.  His Word confirms this over and over.  Therefore I ask him to defeat and humiliate those who spread lies about the President.

God hates those who promote sin and evil.  Those who support John Kerry promote moral evil, and mock God while doing it.  Thererfore I pray that He will humiliate those who mock His law and His glory, and bring their plans to ruin.

God loves the humble, and those who profess faith in Him, and honor Him.  Therefore I can boldly ask God to bless the President, who is a humble man and has openly professed faith in Him.

Finally, God has promised that when His people will humble themselves and pray, He will hear and answer.  We must pray knowing that America deserves John Kerry, as a judgement for promoting sin.  I ask God to look on America in mercy and hear the prayers of His people on behalf of America.

Finally, I'm not ashamed to ask simply and specifically that GWB would be re-elected, for all the above reasons.  If God chooses otherwise, it will be because He alone is all wise.  However, I believe, based on the character and promises of God revealed in His Word, that there is room for real hope.

C_M
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:50:27 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

To pray for this election. I truly sense the forces of evil at work here, and I'm NOT entirely talking about sKerry here.

Here's my prayer -

Whadda ya think????

BIG Amen to that. Ive been praying
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:54:48 AM EDT
[#32]
We've been doing that G-man, and will continue to do so.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:00:49 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sandman

I thought Satan was in charge right now. Armageddon is supposed to change all of that.

Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
Ephesians 2:2

Ben you are correct as the prince of the power of the air is roaming about now.

BigDozer66

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:02:43 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

It's 3-1/2 years but who's counting?

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:03:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Good stuff, C-M. That was a good read.

Its ALWAYS God's will to pray that He honor His word.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:06:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Oops! Forgot to say that it is already on the prayer list!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:16:59 AM EDT
[#37]
I have prayed about this issue and will continue to do so.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:42:16 AM EDT
[#38]
snicker, and when/if god doesn't help the pres?

what then?
Chris

Quoted:

Quoted:

Despiration.............

the new cologne by RNC

Chris

I'm not following ya.

Our  Prez prays himself, and apprecaites the prayers of others. He said so quite clearly.

Appealing to the Supreme God of the universe is NOT deperation. FAR from it. Its a FIRST and BEST source of help.

Wanna know what desperation is??? Thinking MAN can do anything to help us out of the spirtual and moral morass that envelops America,

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:32:06 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

what then?
Chris

That's a very real possibility.

If sKerry is elected, we as Christians understand that as God exercising His will.

Then we gotta live with it.

Its seems a bit paradoxical, but God has BOTH commanded us to pray for what we desire, and joyfully accept what He gives us.

He is a loving Father who cares and  is concerned with the desires of His children. (desires - that are in line with revealed Scripture. His children - those who have received Christ  as Savior)

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:34:26 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Here's my prayer -

Whadda ya think????

Our men's prayer group is having an all nighter next week and our entire church is fasting this week. I made it from Sunday night to late Tuesday.  I could have gone longer but I do fly a plane for a living! Planerench out.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:40:04 AM EDT
[#41]
I in with ya.

I have been praying over this for months now.

Iritei
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:50:05 AM EDT
[#42]
I was gonna.... But It'd just go downhill.

onward christian soldier

Chris

Quoted:

Quoted:

what then?
Chris

That's a very real possibility.

If sKerry is elected, we as Christians understand that as God exercising His will.

Then we gotta live with it.

Its seems a bit paradoxical, but God has BOTH commanded us to pray for what we desire, and joyfully accept what He gives us.

He is a loving Father who cares and  is concerned with the desires of His children. (desires - that are in line with revealed Scripture. His children - those who have received Christ  as Savior)

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:52:51 AM EDT
[#43]
If you have God as your leader,who else would you "need"?
reguardless of "the leader" here on earth, gods will , will be done. (so I understand)

I'm not really sure why you all are so worried. god'll take care of it. right?

Sounds almost [gasp] Agnostic.

please explain.

Chris

Quoted:

There is a lot of "bad" around these days... and it hates the good. It seems to run the land in waves, ever notice that? A swath of bad stuff will happen (killings, things like that) and then "dry up".

God's will be done.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:54:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Well done Garandman.  I am a Catholic but one of the bad ones who doesn't make it to mass every Sunday like I should.  I plan to go the next two Sundays and pray for Pres. Bush's election.  

GunLvr
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:55:52 AM EDT
[#45]
prayers send

PS great idea!!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:49:14 PM EDT
[#46]
nobody can explain that?

Chris

Quoted:
If you have God as your leader,who else would you "need"?
reguardless of "the leader" here on earth, gods will , will be done. (so I understand)

I'm not really sure why you all are so worried. god'll take care of it. right?

Sounds almost [gasp] Agnostic.

please explain.

Chris

Quoted:

God's will be done.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top