Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2005 4:43:42 PM EDT
Never done anything like this before, so I hope I can do this in accordance with the rules of this forum, as the story is somewhat graphic.

I had a call last night from an ex-girlfriend who I was very serious with...didn't work out due to distance, she moved out of state.  Today is her 22nd birthday.

She called and said she "needed a friend" and didn't have anyone right now.  We haven't been in touch in months.  Without going into too much detail, she was the recent victim of a sexual assault by a stranger that resulted in pregnancy and an incurable illness.  I ask that you please remember her in your prayers.

I don't know what the world is coming to.  I'm numb.  Thank you for listening.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:03:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:12:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm assuming that you are being a friend to her.

Bad things do happen to good people.  We live in a fallen world and we see the effects of sin and mankind's fallen nature all around us.

However, one thing that was not affected by the fall is our Heavenly Father.  

Reassure her that He has love for her and will never betray her.  She can trust Him to do what is right.  He doesn't always do what we want, but He does what is right.

I pray that she finds peace and guidance in a relationship with Him.  I pray for Him to watch over and protect her, guiding her through this difficuly time.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:05:35 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I pray that she finds peace and guidance in a relationship with Him.  I pray for Him to watch over and protect her, guiding her through this difficuly time.

AMEN!

Shok
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:14:26 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

AMEN!

Shok

Yes, she is a believer.  She was part of the influence that brought me to Christ.  

Thank you for all of your kind words and support.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:04:51 PM EDT
[#5]
May God be with her - may she be well, happy, and at peace.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:24:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
May God be with her - may she be well, happy, and at peace.

Thank you.  I tried to call her last night and didn't reach her, or hear back, maybe tonight.  Everyone please hug the women in your life tonight, and protect them.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:42:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Will pray for her and the child she is carrying.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:00:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Prayer sent.

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:19:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Prayer sent.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top