Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2018 4:19:22 PM EDT
Borrowed from Facebook, in reference to the California Correctional officer who died very likely from the wounds suffered at the hands of inmates.

Copied from a retired Correctional Officer who said it the best.

Our CDC family has been rocked, once again, by the senseless death of one of our beloved Correctional Officers. Through all the sadness and anger, we will pull together and do what we do best...Honor this fallen Officer.

These inmates were Level I inmates, in a dorm setting.

You know the ones that many say are serving time for “minor” and/or “non-violent” crimes?!

The ones that many say should just be let out because they are not a threat to society?!

The ones that many say shouldn’t be in prison in the first place?!

The ones that you voted on reduced sentencing because their crimes, such as rape and armed robbery, were non-violent.

The ones you fight to keep out of your neighborhood once they parole.

The ones that you think deserve far better healthcare than the average citizen.

The ones that you think need a free college education while serving their time.

The ones that you think need to have access to endless programs while in prison, with no regard to staff safety.

The ones that you think need to be rehabilitated without additional staffing.

The ones you think deserve overnight (conjugal) visits.

Yes, these are the inmates that MURDERED a Correctional Officer.

This is the Correctional Officer that you refer to as an “overpaid babysitter,” and a “knuckle dragging guard.” Yet, you won’t sign up for the job.

This is the Correctional Officer that you complain doesn’t deserve the wages, retirement or benefits that he was paid. Yet, you won’t sign up for the job.

This is the Correctional Officer that went to work that day and did his job.

This is the Correctional Officer that was met with resistance during the course of his duties.

This is the Correctional Officer that was assaulted for enforcing the rules of prison.

This is the Correctional Officer that sacrificed everything to protect you and your family.

This is the Correctional Officer that will no longer return home to his family.

Correctional Officer A. Gallegos will never be forgotten by his fellow Correctional Officers.

End of Watch : September 14, 2018
Thank you for your service..
View Quote
Rest In Peace, Officer Gallegos.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 7:31:54 PM EDT
[#2]
RIP Officer Gallegos. I knew a very long time ago that I do not have the temperament for CO or LEO work. I would be up on charges the very first day. I respect the men and women of LE who do have it. Please pass my condolences on to the family, if you can.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 7:44:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 7:44:17 PM EDT
[#4]
When did correction officers become law enforcement?  And if they are considered LEO in California why was he not armed...
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 9:07:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When did correction officers become law enforcement?  And if they are considered LEO in California why was he not armed...
View Quote
Log out.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 8:04:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm learning very quickly that what happens behind the walls tends to stay behind the walls.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 8:07:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
You know how I know that you dont know how a prison works.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 8:22:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Sad news.

Link Posted: 9/22/2018 8:44:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 8:58:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Very sad end for a CO and Vet .

(Time for the cameras to fail for a few hours, I'm just sayin')
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 11:08:29 PM EDT
[#11]
animals

too much freedom in american prisons

they need to be hot boxes and made to work like disposable slaves
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 8:38:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Just sucks.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 1:31:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top