Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/4/2004 3:43:32 PM EDT
        Sorry guys, I know I have been "badgering" (That was for jbowles) you a lot about favorite pics and  blah, blah, blah. But, again, I am making another page for my website and I would like to see everyones favorite quotes. Make them funny, serious, heartfelt, anyway you like it. And the subject of the quote can be almost anything: duty, honor, courage, love, sadness, fear, etc.

So... SADDLE UP AND GET 'ER DONE!!

----------
"Over the years, America has sent many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders.The only amount of land we have ever asked for is enough to bury those that did not return." - Colin Powell
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:44:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Just watch tombstone, young guns, and young guns II.

If it catches your ear, I've probably used it before.....
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:45:28 PM EDT
[#2]
"Senator Kerry has had so many different opinions on Iraq, he could probably spend 90 minutes debating himself!"

- Dubbya
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:46:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:49:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:51:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Almost forgot one of my most favorite ever.

Said by my FirstSGT when one of my team members was pushing for Airborne School...

Son there are only 2 things that fall out of the sky. Birdshit and idiots. Which one are you?

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:52:03 PM EDT
[#6]
You want sympathy, look in the dictionary between shit and syphilis.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:59:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Hmmm... along the lines of what I was thinking... but what about some more eloquent quotes... like by Samuel Adams, Thomas Paine, Petrarch, Shakespeare, Caesar... lol...
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:00:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Hmmm... along the lines of what I was thinking... but what about some more eloquent quotes... like by Samuel Adams, Thomas Paine, Petrarch, Shakespeare, Caesar... lol...

Oh, Oh, here's one...

"Give me liberty or give me death"  
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:02:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:03:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

That would be, "Hey, Hold my beer and watch this..."
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:03:46 PM EDT
[#11]
hey honey, are those your legs, or are you ridin' a chicken?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:04:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:05:25 PM EDT
[#13]
"I'm a mushroom cloud laying moutherfucker, motherfucker!" - Jules
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:05:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:06:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Jessep: You want answers?
Kaffee (Tom Cruise): I think I'm entitled to them.
Kaffee: I want the truth!
Jessep: You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall.
We use words like honor, code, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!Kaffee: Did you order the code red?
Jessep: (quietly) I did the job you sent me to do.
Kaffee: Did you order the code red?
Jessep: You're goddamn right I did!!
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:09:30 PM EDT
[#16]
"The truest measure of a mans success in life is how happy his wife is."
My grand dad

"Corporal, you do the work of three men around here. Moe, Larry, and Curly."
My 1stSgt

"Man, if you need all of that crap on a motorcyle, why don't you just kick the windshield out of a Caddillac."
 WOP

" The people that do not keep and bear arms live at the mercy and convenience of the people that do"
Maddogkiller

"You gonna eat that?"
Jeffrey Duhmer to Lorraina Bobbit

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:10:13 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Jessep: You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall.
We use words like honor, code, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!Kaffee: Did you order the code red?

You realize he was a bag guy right?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:10:27 PM EDT
[#18]
"The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth."

"I would like to take you seriously, but that would be an insult to your intelligence."

"No matter where you go...there you are."
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:20:19 PM EDT
[#19]
"You never know what's hit you. A gunshot is the perfect way." (When asked how he would choose to die)
-- John Fitzgerald Kennedy (1917-63), 35th US President, Democrat, politician
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:21:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Those that would trade necessary freedom for temoprary safety deserve neither freedom or safety. BF
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:24:19 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You mean Tom Cruise right?...as a bad guy?...

Oh I like my sig line......
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:25:35 PM EDT
[#22]
I LOVE that QUOTE from "A Few Good Men"!!!
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:28:40 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You mean Tom Cruise right?...as a bad guy?...

Oh I like my sig line......

Funny, no.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:31:39 PM EDT
[#24]
"Now, the so-called assault weapons ban — weak and evadable as it is — is due to expire. This will make it possible for gunmakers to return their products to their full monty of killing power: more bullets per clip, more thrust per squeeze."

Newsday's Paul Vitello
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:34:47 PM EDT
[#25]
My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you I just signed legislation which outlaws Russia forever. The bombing begins in five minutes.
Ronald Reagan (1911 - 2004), Said during a radio microphone test, 1984
(See there was a Defcon 1 )

Abortion is advocated only by persons who have themselves been born.
Ronald Reagan (1911 - 2004)

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
Ronald Reagan (1911 - 2004)

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:38:49 PM EDT
[#26]
"There are in every generation those who shrink from the ultimate sacrifice, but there are in  every generation those who make it with joy and laughter and these are the salt of the generations."

Padraig H. Pearse
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:39:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:42:00 PM EDT
[#28]
"We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans."

-- William Jefferson Clinton, USA Today, March 11, 1993.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:43:17 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post.

Bad guy?  Are you serious?  Do you need a hug?  He was a liar, but a bad guy?  Well, if he was bad at least he wasn't a pussy nor did he tolerate those who were.  I can't stand to work along side cowards or pussies.  I am glad I work in a field in which you can be terminated from employment for being a coward.  It's happened several times and we rejoice when it does.

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:47:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:11:58 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Thats Fire you cant Bring Fire on the plane!

edit for URL fix

Thats some funny stuff!!
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:37:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Just a few from around the club office at my college

old lady: "i'm not a zombie, i'm not a zombie!"
young man, with sharp stick: "thats just what a zombie might say!!"
--george talking about dreams

it's like the lord of the flies, only with spaceships and mecha

george: "how do you know the nature of god"
tim: "he tells me his nature every time I put on my socks"

"they had little hearts on their butts"
"i am sorry, i wasn't staring at the carebear butts"

"do you have a car?"
"yes, but if i did, i wouldn't use it"

"that was the night that the danishes were laughing at me" -tim

"This invincible large wheel cheese was not terrifying for it's look, size, nor it's temperamental personality, but rather for it's horrid voice, of which could curdle the blood, cause mass hemorrhaging, and small animals to find shelter."

"if it weren't for my horse I wouldn't have spent that year in college"

"pocky is a gateway drug...
pocky leads to girlscout cookies
girlscout cookies lead to suffering
suffering lead to anger
anger leads to hate
hate leads to .... the darkside"

"feelings aren't physical, you can't feel them" - seth

"I don't like student loans, you have to pay them back"

Dana to Adam~ "Sweet! You are such a loser! You didn't hear it, you're great."

George to Dana~ "how many times have you juggled goat tumors? leave it to the experts"

Tom: Are you going to explode?
Dave: I don't know. You'd better run away, just in case.

"Of all the things I lost, I miss your mind the most" ~Adam

"it's all sticky, what have you been doing with it?" ~Dana

George ~ You can get out of lab by killing people, too. That happened in my class last night.

George ~ I was thinking today.
Jenni ~ Wow! Oh my God!
Matt ~ George was thinking.

Fav. movie quotes

Rack slide on glock
"This is me breathing"

"Behold like a wild ass in the desert go I forth to my work"

"Oltman... Oltman I'm standing were my livingroom used to be and its not here.  It's an Ultimart! You can never go home agian Oltman! But I guess you can shop there."

"Why are you trying to kill me?"
"It's not me! Why does everyone think it's personal?"

"I should have brought my gun"
"What!"
"This should be fun"

"I killed the President of Paraguae with a fork.  How have you been?"  
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:45:09 PM EDT
[#33]
One of my favorite quotes comes from someone right here on these boards.

Someone made a post about the Temper-pedic mattress and they replied...

"Sorry, no experience.  I did buy a $5 milkshake once, fuckin` good milkshake, dunno if it was worth $5 though"

I've said that to so many people and it cracks me up every time.  So whoever said it...thank you.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:46:57 PM EDT
[#34]
LET'S ROLL
                     Todd Beamer - Flight 93
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:47:58 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
One of my favorite quotes comes from someone right here on these boards.

Someone made a post about the Temper-pedic mattress and they replied...

"Sorry, no experience.  I did buy a $5 milkshake once, fuckin` good milkshake, dunno if it was worth $5 though"

I've said that to so many people and it cracks me up every time.  So whoever said it...thank you.

Thats sort of a Pulp Fiction quote when Vincent was in that resturaunt....I LOVE that movie
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:49:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:51:35 PM EDT
[#37]
My Grandfather's
"I've plowed that field once."
"Don't start a fire you can't put out."
"I don't care what other people think about me, it's what I think about them that is important." to my grandmother when he put the cows in the front yard to graze it off since he didn't want to waste the time cutting it.
"I've got 6 shells in this shotgun and there are 7 of you. The one of you that wants to live, take off running because I'm going to kill the other ones now." to the bunch of drunks that stopped in his driveway, needless to say all volunteered to be the one that lived

Mine
"Life is like that some days."
"You cannot be both a liberal and a Christian. One is the antithesis of the other." to the preacher of the local church that I had joined

to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. - UIysses, Alfred Tennyson
"Traveler tell the Spartans here we lie, obedient to their laws." monument at Thermopolae
Again, if the trumpet does not sound a clear call, who will get ready for battle? 1 Corinthians 14:8

wganz

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:53:02 PM EDT
[#38]
"That's a pretty fukkin' good milkshake."
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:58:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:00:11 PM EDT
[#40]
"Only the dead have seen the end of war."  "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly and bad people will find a way around the laws." The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." -Plato

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than one's fear."

"An armed society is a polite society.  Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." -Robert Heinlein
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:01:20 PM EDT
[#41]
"I love children, but I don't think I could eat a whole one"

--attributed to Oscar Wilde
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:01:50 PM EDT
[#42]
"The greatest enemy is war itself"
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:06:35 PM EDT
[#43]
I picked-up this girl last night. At least, I think she was a girl. Lester's a chick name....right?..........
...RIGHT?!?!-Krusty the Clown
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:09:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:12:57 PM EDT
[#45]
"No man is entitled to the blessings of freedom unless he be vigilant in its preservation. "

-Douglas Macarthur 1880-1964, American Army General in WW II
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:14:27 PM EDT
[#46]
"I only regret that I have but one life to give for my country"
Nathan Hale, age 21

The story of this young man and the events leading to his excecution is inspiring, especially today.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:18:33 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm fond of telling my kids and co-workers when they're about to start something: "If you're gonna spur that horse, you'd better be ready to ride it".   Don't know ehere I got it, it just sounded good.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:19:06 PM EDT
[#48]
"Give me Librium of give me meth!"

a whacked-out fisherman in Kodiak, AK.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:22:51 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
"We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans."

-- William Jefferson Clinton, USA Today, March 11, 1993.

"We are going to take things away from you for the common good."

-- Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton, San Francisco California, 2004
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:23:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Josef Stalin

"The Pope! How many divisions has he got?"

Background...

www.vision.org/jrnl/0009/pope.html

"As war clouds gathered over Western Europe in 1935, French foreign minister Pierre Laval sought Joseph Stalin's help.

The fragile French government was attempting to bolster its defenses in the face of the growing German military threat. The support of the French Communist Party (which took orders only from Moscow) and of the Roman Catholic Church was essential. Laval approached Stalin in the hope that he would liberalize his stance toward religion and hence accommodate the church in Russia, thereby influencing the papacy to take a more supportive view of the French defensive moves.

Stalin responded derisively, "The pope! How many divisions has he got?"

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top