Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/1/2006 8:01:13 AM EDT
How come everytime Napoleon_Tanerite, XDBACKUPGUN, Dusty_C, and used to be Deej hits submit, someone bitchs about how much they post?

WTF?

Why do you care?

Explain this to me.

None of those guys are trolls, they all just type fast....I guess.

Why do we have post after post bitching about DUPE posts, but no one complains that these guys are constantly trolled?
So back to my original question......why do you care if someone posts a lot?

I'm just curious.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:03:19 AM EDT
[#1]
It makes my own post count seem so... inadequate.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:03:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Post-whoring is when you post for the sake of posting, with utterly nothing to contribute.

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:04:55 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Post-whoring is when you post for the sake of posting, with utterly nothing to contribute.

+1

Mooohoooohahahahaha
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:06:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It makes my own post count seem so... inadequate.

Know what.....I bet we have a winner.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:07:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Wouldn't bitching about a post whore fit that definition better?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:17:56 AM EDT
[#6]
... or maybe starting a whole THREAD about it...
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:19:15 AM EDT
[#7]
+1
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:22:07 AM EDT
[#8]
I think it's cause it turns out that most post whores are just flakes, with issues. First they somehow think that the higher post count they have the more people will take them seriously and consider them "one of the gang". Secondly they usually turn out to be flakes, they build up thier 10000 posts in two months and then they disappear never to be heard from again. Lastly they usually have BS "bumper sticker" length posts that contribute nada to any thread. It's quality not quantity and you gotta "put in your time" just like everyone else.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:23:25 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
... or maybe starting a whole THREAD about it...

Yeah normally I would agree with you.......but damn. Everytime one of those guys posts it is the same thing.

I'm curious if it is a dogpile, or if there is a reason people get so worked up.

I suspect it is the ARFCOM dogpile, but it could be those who feel they have inadequate post counts.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:28:01 AM EDT
[#10]
It is my understanding that post count and sprem count are inversly proportional.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:30:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Some people take the internet wayyy too seriously.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:31:33 AM EDT
[#12]
I believe it is because no one will take U seriously if you don't have a high post count.

This is the backlash.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:32:01 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
How come everytime Napoleon_Tanerite, XDBACKUPGUN, Dusty_C, and used to be Deej hits submit, someone bitchs about how much they post?

WTF?

Why do you care?

Explain this to me.

None of those guys are trolls, they all just type fast....I guess.

Why do we have post after post bitching about DUPE posts, but no one complains that these guys are constantly trolled?
So back to my original question......why do you care if someone posts a lot?

I'm just curious.

Fuckin post whore.

Sheesh!!

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:33:59 AM EDT
[#14]
The very term inadequate post count seems funny to me. What would be considered an inadequate post count?

IMHO, it's not how much someone posts so much as what they have to say that counts. There are threads where a funny one liner is appropriate and then there are threads where a more measured, thought out response is required, even if it's not ten paragraphs long. I think that some people just speak for the sake of speaking with very little thought put into what comes out of their mouths - or in this case, fingers.

I personally couldn't give a rats behind how many posts NT or anyone has. Thousands of posts don't somehow make someone's opinion more valid than anyone else's - although I think that this philosophy is one of the reasons why some might go for a high post count, because they perceive the ones who do have high post counts as somehow being influential and they want to be perceived the same way.

Just my .02

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:36:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:37:27 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Some people take the internet wayyy too seriously.

Yup.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:38:42 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
The very term inadequate post count seems funny to me. What would be considered an inadequate post count?

IMHO, it's not how much someone posts so much as what they have to say that counts. There are threads where a funny one liner is appropriate and then there are threads where a more measured, thought out response is required, even if it's not ten paragraphs long. I think that some people just speak for the sake of speaking with very little thought put into what comes out of their mouths - or in this case, fingers.

I personally couldn't give a rats behind how many posts NT or anyone has. Thousands of posts don't somehow make someone's opinion more valid than anyone else's - although I think that this philosophy is one of the reasons why some might go for a high post count, because they perceive the ones who do have high post counts as somehow being influential and they want to be perceived the same way.

Just my .02

I agree 100% with you.

I think that in JohnTheTexican's post, the context was, that a posters own post count was inadequate in their own mind.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:39:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Because whoring takes commitment.  And some are really commited to thier whoring.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:41:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Post whore all you want. However, once in a while could you actually offer something into the topic of discussion.

W0ot, +1, and 87, grows rather tiresome. Especially when it's a heated debate, or of a serious matter.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:41:44 AM EDT
[#20]
i dont care
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:43:43 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just my .02

I agree 100% with you.

I think that in JohnTheTexican's post, the context was, that a posters own post count was inadequate in their own mind.

Yep. But a lot of the people who hammer on NT seem to have reasonably high post counts, so it's probably not post count envy.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:44:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Usually if you are on here long enough, you realize who the post whores are and tend to ignore them. The ones that "+1" and "" at every other post? You get to know them quick.

I know people on here with less than 2000 posts that are FULL of great information whereas people with 8000 posts are FULL of shit.

I have what, over 12000 posts and can learn a HELL of lot about firearms from people with less than 2000 posts.

Post count dont mean shit... its the quality of the person who posts that matters.

If people like Napolean Tanerite, or Dr Frige or Helldog or WHOEVER bother you, just dont answer them. I dont take people this place too personally.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:45:02 AM EDT
[#23]
My excuse is I just have too much time on my hand
ETA: I also have OCD...maybe
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:20:29 AM EDT
[#24]

I believe it is because no one will take U seriously if you don't have a high post count.

+10000
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:01:14 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Usually if you are on here long enough, you realize who the post whores are and tend to ignore them. The ones that "+1" and "" at every other post? You get to know them quick.

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:06:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:09:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Y'all remember when Sarge was here?  Ahhh...those were the days.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:01:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Honestly, I cant stand the pointless shit like 87 jokes, and +1(unless there is contribution with the +1).
A lot of post whores' posts are utterly pointless, they might as well tell us that the sky is blue
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:03:10 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
+1

+1

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:07:34 PM EDT
[#30]
IB-me

personally i usually don't give a shit when people troll me for post whoring.  there was an incident last night where some asshole got personal about me and my wife.  Needless to say site staff were alerted and that clown was dealt with.  I try very hard to not respond to trolling, which pisses them off even more.

I may seem like i have no life for posting here so much, but i find it amusing when people feel threatened enough by that that they feel the need to become abusive.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:12:43 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

And that would be me but at least I paid
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:17:20 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

This is the backlash.

I dont know, I think quality over quantity works, people take me seriously even though my post count is low because most of the stuff I post is quality........ except this DOH!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:18:35 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And that would be me but at least I paid

yep.  i dont care how high your post count is, if you havnt paid up for a membership your voice doesnt mean much in trying to dictate how the site operates IMO
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:22:19 PM EDT
[#34]
low post count here, and I really don't care.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:36:13 PM EDT
[#35]
I don't give a dry fuck about post count.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:53:30 PM EDT
[#36]
I dont even notice post count most of the time.

Its like oh ok whatever I think most of this is just being see post count as a epenis  to me its just that somone with a high post count just spends alot of time on the board.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:54:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:55:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:56:00 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

WOOT!!!!

I got three out of this thread!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:01:31 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I don't give a dry fuck about post count.

That's 'cause you've only got a little one.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:06:02 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I know people on here with less than 2000 posts that are FULL of great information whereas people with 8000 posts are FULL of shit.

I have what, over 12000 posts and can learn a HELL of lot about firearms from people with less than 2000 posts.

Post count dont mean shit... its the quality of the person who posts that matters.

If people like Napolean Tanerite, or Dr Frige or Helldog or WHOEVER bother you, just dont answer them. I dont take people this place too personally.

+1!
I agree. I stop by this site many times throughot the day and do a hell of a lot of reading but don't post very much. I come by for the laughs, the pics/vids, and to read up on some of the more serious topics people post.

Now, Dr., about this rash I have....
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:13:01 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And that would be me but at least I paid hr

yep.  i dont care how high your post count is, if you havnt paid up for a membership your voice doesnt mean much in trying to dictate how the site operates IMO

I don't think my voice would mean much even if I did.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:18:04 PM EDT
[#43]

Look at me.. I've been a member for like 4 years and have 500 posts.  I don't care.  I guess I just don't have too much to say.  I will say I do love reading this site.  The reason I ponied up the $$ for the membership is because I feel I owe it for all the tech info I've pulled off of here.  This truly is the best firearms resource on the web.  

I do love watchin the GD, though.  This site is so busy, you can keep up with what's going on in the world (not matter how important or weird).
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:26:00 PM EDT
[#44]
I want to be a whore...can someone recommend a good pimp????
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:27:57 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

me bitch!

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:29:22 PM EDT
[#46]
As long as you don't me. LOL LOL
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:29:25 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

me bitch!

i37.photobucket.com/albums/e86/ibdmentd/postwhore.jpg

LMAO.

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:01:49 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I may seem like i have no life for posting here so much...

Really? You think so?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:16:46 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:32:54 AM EDT
[#50]
its not post count that i look at its time in service the quiet one who have the most to say
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top