Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 3:51:02 PM EDT
[#1]
2 Thessalonians 2:3

“Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;”

All part and parcel…
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 4:02:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Like incest
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are the 10 Commandments, which are mostly clear.

Then, there are various random things that are a result of humans selectively parsing the bible and applying their own subjective interpretation  (or perhaps misinterpretation) to.  

These include things like homosexuality, don’t sit where a menstruating woman has sat, don’t eat fat, don’t eat owls, and never boil a baby goat in its mothers milk, among many others.

Like incest

Everything from that to ‘don’t wear clothes made of more than one fabric’, ‘don’t cut your hair nor shave’, if a priest’s daughter is a whore she is to be burned at the stake’, ‘don’t have a variety of crops in the same field’.

Obviously, most people selectively ignore these.

It all falls down when you pick and choose the ones you want to abide by.

Link Posted: 12/18/2023 4:03:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:...

Then, there are various random things that are a result of humans selectively parsing the bible and applying their own subjective interpretation  (or perhaps misinterpretation) to.  

These include things like homosexuality, don’t sit where a menstruating woman has sat, don’t eat fat, don’t eat owls, and never boil a baby goat in its mothers milk, among many others.
View Quote
You have just outed yourself as someone who hasn't bothered to read the text and tried to understand it.

There is only one form of sexual desire and one union in which sexual practice is approved in the text, and that is in the lifelong monogamous union of one man and one woman (marriage). Matthew 19 closes the circle completely. There is no room for anything else - no other union nor form of sexual desire is approved.

Desire for that which is morally wrong is itself morally wrong. There's no loopholes.

If you were familiar with the text and read it for what the text itself means you'd know this.

At least, I'm hoping you aren't familiar with it and are just instead being intentionally dishonest / deceptive about it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 4:04:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Heretic.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 4:05:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
One step at a time.
View Quote

Next:

"Catholic Priests molesting young boys ain't so bad...."
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 4:05:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Everything from that to ‘don’t wear clothes made of more than one fabric’, ‘don’t cut your hair nor shave’, if a priest’s daughter is a whore she is to be burned at the stake’, ‘don’t have a variety of crops in the same field’.

Obviously, most people selectively ignore these.

It all falls down when you pick and choose the ones you want to abide by.
View Quote

Those aren't selectively ignored.

Those laws were explicitly for the political and national unit/group of people known as ancient national israel.  They are not biding on other peoples/nations.

Furthermore, if you take the text seriously, when the text says that these laws have been fulfilled and served their purpose and are no longer in force ... well, again ... IF you take the text seriously. Yes, the text says this.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 4:06:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Catholics….what is the pope removal process and why hasn’t it been started?
View Quote

They already removed the Conservative Pope Benedict....in the dark....to make room for Commie Pope.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 4:12:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Pope Francis is a “false prophet” and “apostate pope”
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 4:15:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You have just outed yourself as someone who hasn't bothered to read the text and tried to understand it.

There is only one form of sexual desire and one union in which sexual practice is approved in the text, and that is in the lifelong monogamous union of one man and one woman (marriage). Matthew 19 closes the circle completely. There is no room for anything else - no other union nor form of sexual desire is approved.

Desire for that which is morally wrong is itself morally wrong. There's no loopholes.

If you were familiar with the text and read it for what the text itself means you'd know this.

At least, I'm hoping you aren't familiar with it and are just instead being intentionally dishonest / deceptive about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Your reading comprehension is sorely lacking.

I am not debating the verses about homosexuality.  I am pointing out that there are many verses that people selectively ignore.  It’s all or nothing.  You don’t get to pick and choose what suits you best, else it all falls apart.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 4:20:01 PM EDT
[#10]
No Pope Francis did not do this, read the document not the headline.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RjbqbIIicqk
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 4:47:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I am not debating the verses about homosexuality.  I am pointing out that there are many verses that people selectively ignore.  It’s all or nothing.  You don’t get to pick and choose what suits you best, else it all falls apart.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If so I missed it somewhere back in the chain and my bad.

What you posted is exactly the kind of irrational stuff people use to justify their pet sins all the time.

That kind of retarded argument even (rather famously) got onto broadcast tv.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 4:51:26 PM EDT
[#12]
In the direct line from God to Your ears. No body gonna dig a hole deep enough, a rock thick enough to hide from That Day.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 4:54:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

What you posted is exactly the kind of irrational stuff people use to justify their pet sins all the time.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ask yourself, why does homosexuality bother you, but the other “sins” do not?  Why are there threads on here about homosexuality, but not the others?

If you can be honest with yourself for just even a moment (which I doubt) the answer to this question will be an absolute personal revelation.

Most people lack the capacity for challenging their own ideas and preconceived notions.  It’s not you, it’s a human thing.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 5:08:23 PM EDT
[#14]
For all of you that believe he is not the pope, you need to deal with the indefectibility of the Church.  You have to determine when and how he lost the office and posit how it would be restored.  Us Traditional Catholics, sedes, have been wrestling with the questions.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 5:10:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

And the almost universal reaction after he hung out with them is that they freaked out and repented of their sins or effectively ran away from him to protect their conscience.

This current pope/rcc mess has nothing to do with wishing any sort of ill on homosexuals (or anyone else in the sexual anarchy movement).

It has to do with the movement towards bluntly telling people that what they do or desire that is wrong and will rightly condemn them (let along contribute to the destruction of their lives in the here and now) ... is not something wrong.

It's exactly as if someone was trying to tell a drunk that continually being drunk off their rocker is perfectly ok and should be accepted, or even approved. No, that's going to hurt the drunk and hurt the people the drunk lives around.
View Quote

Look I'm not defending the way the messaging gets out but the LGBT movement is a serious modern cultural issue. I think that people involved in it need religion more than anyone. No, obviously they shouldn't get special rules and they can't change natural law, but I think there's a place for efforts to draw them in without putting them off with constant condemnations. Sometimes it's hard to tell if those who most avidly rebuke them really care about the person and soul behind the sinner they love to condemn. The pope has repeatedly stated same sex unions can never and will never be licit. He does want those same people in church, and who needs to be there more?
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 5:11:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
For all of you that believe he is not the pope, you need to deal with the indefectibility of the Church.  You have to determine when and how he lost the office and posit how it would be restored.  Us Traditional Catholics, sedes, have been wrestling with the questions.
View Quote

Sedes aren't Catholic. Sorry bud. You're ironically enough a protestant now.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 5:22:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Follow the money
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 5:23:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Ask yourself, why does homosexuality bother you, but the other “sins” do not?
View Quote

You presume they don't.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 5:27:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You presume they don't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You presume they don't.

It is a natural assumption as I don’t see any copious posting lamenting cutting your hair.  But I see many posts and threads devoted to homosexuality.

Leviticus 19:27

Note, we could choose any number from both the New and Old Testament that are selectively ignored.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 5:29:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It is a natural assumption as I don’t see any copious posting lamenting cutting your hair.  But I see many posts and threads devoted to homosexuality.

27  “ ‘Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You presume they don't.

27  “ ‘Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.

I'm sure you might be able to find some good discussion about that on some Rabbi site, but that has jack and squat to do with a discussion of morality based on Christian theology.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 5:32:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You presume they don't.

It is has been explained already those laws were for the Jewish people only and those laws have been fulfilled and even they are no longer under those type restrictions.

Homosexuality is not among those.

It is also mentioned in the new testament as well as the old. It is abundantly and obviously in both testaments described as sinful.

Link Posted: 12/18/2023 5:35:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I'm sure you might be able to find some good discussion about that on some Rabbi site, but that has jack and squat to do with a discussion of morality based on Christian theology.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You presume they don't.

Cool, point me to the many threads in GD on Corinthians 11:5-16

Edit:  obviously tongue in cheek.  But it illustrates the point of pet issues and selective morality.  By and large, there is a segment of the population that doesn’t like gay people and use the Bible after the fact as a way to justify their bigotry.  There may be a few exceptions, as nothing is absolute, but they are few and far between.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 5:37:02 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm still not sure I'm following what's now eligible to be blessed by a priest?

Read the article a couple of times and I read the linked to articles within the article to help understand what's been going on in the last couple of months.

The first paragraph in the article says the pope has formally allowed priest to bless same-sex couples.

So I've got to ask again if someone could please give an example of what a homosexual couple would request to receive in the form of a blessing as a couple.

also the very last paragraph is a quote from a priest in Pittsburgh.

I think the pope has learned to accept people as God made them," he said on Monday. "When I was growing up, the assumption was that God made everyone straight. What we have learned is that is not true. In accepting people as God made them,
View Quote

Is this also a formal teaching of the Catholic Church? That God made some people gay?

One of the related links in the article mentions a man from South America who was subjected to abuse by a priest. According to that person, he said that in 2018 he met with Pope Francis, and the pope assured him that God made him gay.

I have no idea of knowing whether the pope actually thinks this or if this is a formal statement or not and was curious if anybody else knows this?

Thanks.

Link Posted: 12/18/2023 5:37:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The whole gay agenda was always about this. It was never about “dont tell us what to do in our own bedroom”.

It was always about bringing the complete downfall and corruption of anything good or moral. Satan is pleased.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/18/2023 5:39:54 PM EDT
[#25]
He'll burn in Hell.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 5:49:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Read the article a couple of times and I read the linked to articles within the article to help understand what's been going on in the last couple of months.

The first paragraph in the article says the pope has formally allowed priest to bless same-sex couples.

So I've got to ask again if someone could please give an example of what a homosexual couple would request to receive in the form of a blessing as a couple.

Is this also a formal teaching of the Catholic Church? That God made some people gay?

One of the related links in the article mentions a man from South America who was subjected to abuse by a priest. According to that person, he said that in 2018 he met with Pope Francis, and the pope assured him that God made him gay.

I have no idea of knowing whether the pope actually thinks this or if this is a formal statement or not and was curious if anybody else knows this?

Thanks.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I think the pope has learned to accept people as God made them," he said on Monday. "When I was growing up, the assumption was that God made everyone straight. What we have learned is that is not true. In accepting people as God made them,

Thanks.

Seriously, is this that hard for you to read?

https://press.vatican.va/content/salastampa/it/bollettino/pubblico/2023/12/18/0901/01963.html?#en

The paper even lays out such examples.

Why even bother reading a news article? It's an article about a document, and the document is readily available.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 6:02:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fir starters, where does OT or NT biblical text even make reference to a "pope"?
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 6:05:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Note, we could choose any number from both the New and Old Testament that are selectively ignored.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You presume they don't.

Did you even read the post I put in the thread pointing out how those OT laws were for ANI *and* how they were fulfilled?

Those laws were fulfilled and set aside and all that continues from them is whatever moral principal that underlied them. I believe this because this is what the text says and I try to take it seriously for what it means.

The sexual anarchy stuff gets threads on GD and replies in very large part (I think) because the legacy media and virtually all the institutions of our government and society go out of their way to shove it (sexual anarchy) in our face, and than call us bigots if we won't celebrate it.

You shouldn't be surprised when a person who keeps getting a finger jammed in their eye complains loudly and tries to stop it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 6:07:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Fir starters, where does OT or NT biblical text even make reference to a "pope"?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's somewhere between the references to the internet and the American continent.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 6:08:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 6:08:29 PM EDT
[#31]
The check must have cleared.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 6:10:41 PM EDT
[#32]
John 14:6
King James Version
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 6:11:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I always seem to feel compelled to correct misinformation about Catholic teachings offered by the uninformed here on GD.

Both blessings and the forgiveness of sins are done with a direct prayer and appeal to Christ.
If anything the Priest is simply a conduit for that action.
View Quote

Would you like to explain this understanding in light of Scripture?

Luke 24:47  And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

God forgives sins, after repentance of those sins.  In the situation being discussed, there seems to be a lack of the whole repentance and remission part.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 6:21:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
If only there was a church that has held the traditions of the early church for the last 2000 years, has resisted changing to modern times, doesn't have one supreme pontiff issuing infallible decrees, and wasn't one of 40,000 different denominations that suddenly popped up in the last 500 years post-reformation
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/18/2023 6:22:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
It allows a blessing of the person.  Not the sin nor the union.  It has always been allowed for anyone to get a blessing but this will be abused and used to further the homosexual agenda.  They will have heretical priests use this to give cover to the gay “marriages” and related propaganda.

I fully believe this “pope” knows this and intends for this to grease the slippery slope into hell.
View Quote

End thread

Bravo
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 6:23:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Don’t care. I don’t believe in papal authority.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 6:27:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Pope is a Bishop—The Bishop of Rome
The first among equals with othet bishops
Then he decided to be a tyrant and dictator
This lead to the  church splitting east-west
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 6:29:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Help me understand the sede perspective. If the Chair of Saint Peter is vacant, then isn't the line of Apostolic Succession broken? If so, how can there even be a Church absent one of the four Marks? If you believe the Church has already fallen, how do you reconcile that belief with Christ's words: “I will build my Church and the gates of hell will not prevail against it” (Matt. 16:18)?
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 6:31:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
be careful if you say something bad about the Catholic Church you will get a warning.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/18/2023 6:31:04 PM EDT
[#40]
The first Pope, Peter, I wonder what he would have thought of a man waking up in the arms of another man after a night of craze butt sex.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 6:32:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Isaiah 5:20
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 6:33:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
He is the Anti-Christ.
View Quote
Negative. He is the false prophet, the antichrist's right hand man.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 6:34:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
If only there was a church that has held the traditions of the early church for the last 2000 years, has resisted changing to modern times, doesn't have one supreme pontiff issuing infallible decrees, and wasn't one of 40,000 different denominations that suddenly popped up in the last 500 years post-reformation
View Quote
@CoconutLaCroix

Seems all Ive found is the COGs left over from herbert w armstongs ministry. You?
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 6:38:06 PM EDT
[#44]
The heretic pope needs to go down in history as such.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 6:41:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 6:42:05 PM EDT
[#46]
So let me get this right, the political leader of the catholic clergy will now bless same sex couples. The same clergy that has been raping altar boys for centuries wants you to believe that they are just inching toward acceptance of homosexuals.  A tactical nuke above the next Vatican conference would be a nice start (in Minecraft of course)

Link Posted: 12/18/2023 6:42:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Lucifer is in control of the catholic church now
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 6:43:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Help me understand the sede perspective. If the Chair of Saint Peter is vacant, then isn't the line of Apostolic Succession broken? If so, how can there even be a Church absent one of the four Marks? If you believe the Church has already fallen, how do you reconcile that belief with Christ's words: “I will build my Church and the gates of hell will not prevail against it” (Matt. 16:18)?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

“The Catholic Church is an institution I am bound to hold divine, but for unbelievers a proof of its divinity might be found in the fact that no merely human institution conducted with such knavish imbecility would have lasted a fortnight.” — Hilaire Belloc
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 6:51:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

End thread

Bravo
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It allows a blessing of the person.  Not the sin nor the union.  It has always been allowed for anyone to get a blessing but this will be abused and used to further the homosexual agenda.  They will have heretical priests use this to give cover to the gay “marriages” and related propaganda.

I fully believe this “pope” knows this and intends for this to grease the slippery slope into hell.

End thread

Bravo

If so, they might want to be less clear with the wording in the document in question.

...since the Church has always considered only those sexual relations that are lived out within marriage to be morally licit, the Church does not have the power to confer its liturgical blessing when that would somehow offer a form of moral legitimacy to a union that presumes to be a marriage or to an extra-marital sexual practice.
...one should neither provide for nor promote a ritual for the blessings of couples in an irregular situation. At the same time, one should not prevent or prohibit the Church’s closeness to people in every situation in which they might seek God’s help through a simple blessing. In a brief prayer preceding this spontaneous blessing, the ordained minister could ask that the individuals have peace, health, a spirit of patience, dialogue, and mutual assistance—but also God’s light and strength to be able to fulfill his will completely.

In any case, precisely to avoid any form of confusion or scandal, when the prayer of blessing is requested by a couple in an irregular situation, even though it is expressed outside the rites prescribed by the liturgical books, this blessing should never be imparted in concurrence with the ceremonies of a civil union, and not even in connection with them. Nor can it be performed with any clothing, gestures, or words that are proper to a wedding. The same applies when the blessing is requested by a same-sex couple.

Link Posted: 12/18/2023 6:59:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 6
Top Top