Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2004 9:57:13 PM EDT
I was tallking to my buddy who is just finishing academy. He was tasered last week as part of training. It isn't manditory but strongly encouraged and if an officer wants to carry a taser he must be tasered. I think that should be a requirement nationwide if it isn't already (and I don't think it is). He said of being tasered "it was horrible pain." He couldn't belive that it was lowere on the force scale than physical force in many places.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:11:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been tased as part of my training.  Not just having the the prongs taped to me either... We had them shot into us, but like your buddy, getting tased is only encouraged not mandatory. It really is a horrible pain.  It's super blunt and intolerable... longest 5 seconds ever.  I'll take a sharp cutting type pain anyday over that again.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 1:30:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I got shot with a Taser  this summer to be certified. It was the longest 5 seconds of my life. I remember wondering why it was taking so long. It seemed like 15-20 seconds. What amazed me the most is how fast the recovery time is.  Took about 4-5 seconds for my brain to figure out where my body was afterwards.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top