Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2004 10:19:34 PM EDT
For me poetry isnt about rhyming but about fully expressing yourself in the most simple and wonderful terms possible. When I write poetry I close my eyes and go to a place in my mind of great peace and tranquility. Sometimes its a place that exists only in the past or the future. But most of the time its a place that exists only in the imagination. Some people write poems about heartache and pain, war and death. But I write poetry about hope and love, peace and joy, longing and fulfillment. For me poetry is the best expression of our dreams, the greatest records of our memories; to be cherished for the rest of our lives.

Post poetry that is beautiful to you. Heres one of mine.

Beloved Daughter.

Ive dreamed of you for so long, sweet little one. I dream of the day you are born and later, sitting on my lap while I read you a story. You are so precious and lovely. You love me no matter what. To you I can do no wrong and I am the most powerful man on earth. To you it doesnt matter what I look like, how I dress or what kind of car I drive. To you I am Daddy, I am the one who will hold you when you are scared, and protect you from anything. I am your Daddy, and that is all that matters to you. I watch you grow. From a little girl that snuggles in my lap, your precious head against my chest as I read you a story. To a young woman, dressing differently, driving cars, and dating boys. Sometimes we disagree and sometimes you feel more comfortable with your Mother. But always as long as you live you will be precious to me. Always will we have a special connection of unconditional love and admiration. One day you will be grown and have a child of your own but I will always remember my little girl, my beloved daughter, who touched my heart with her sweet little kisses and everlasting unconditional love for Daddy. I love you honey.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:22:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's my current favorite.

Nappy head, nappy head

eyes like a frog.

If I could roll your fat ass over

I'd fuck you like a dog.

I'm so gotdamned romanticle!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:22:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Wait until she's a teenager...
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:29:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Here's my current favorite.

Nappy head, nappy head

eyes like a frog.

If I could roll your fat ass over

I'd fuck you like a dog.

I'm so gotdamned romanticle!

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:40:09 PM EDT
[#4]
can we keep it civil please?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:41:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:51:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
There once was a man from Nantucket who had something so long he could suck it,
He said with a grin, as he wiped off his chin, if my ear were a something I'd stuff it.

Go to a trailer park, whisper that in the ear of a chick and your gonna get laid! I need to write some of this stuff down.

ARFCOMs Book of Love.  

Poetry and Romantic Shit For Gettin Lucky

We can sell it and use the money to pay for the website.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:31:13 AM EDT
[#7]
i'll bite.

guide me through these
longest of nights
i never knew the meaning of alone
before you
hands trembling with the uncertainty
even more than usual
will this see the light of day
my sun burned out long ago
a light never burns bright for long
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top