Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 4/20/2022 5:47:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stpolaris]
Help me understand why my lord Jesus allows good people to suffer and struggle so much.  I’m trying to find a good reason to not put a 147 grain HST through my fucking skull.  I’m so fucking tired..
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 5:51:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Buddy, I ask myself that a lot.

Stay strong. We are all here for you. Do you have a friend to call?
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 5:53:06 PM EDT
[#2]
You are not the only one.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 5:54:42 PM EDT
[#3]
What's got you down ?
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 5:54:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Jesus man, don't do anything drastic.

Problems are temporary.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 5:55:17 PM EDT
[#5]
it is heroic to persist in the face of an uncaring and absurd universe

Link Posted: 4/20/2022 5:55:37 PM EDT
[#6]
never give up never
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 5:55:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Skg_Mre_Lght] [#7]
This is not the thread for this.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 5:56:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By stpolaris:
Help me understand why my lord Jesus allows good people to suffer and struggle so much.  I’m trying to find a good reason to not put a 147 grain HST through my fucking skull.  I’m so fucking tired..
View Quote

No one knows, but I can give theories.
- Would Navy Seals be anything special if hell week was easy?
- Would be a expert of any craft be special if getting there was easy?

One theory is we’re building our souls here. Like the scene from Rambo when he’s hammering the sword to make it stronger.

Remember what you were like as a little kid, scared of things, needy. Imagine what you can turn into once you get through this.

Another theory is good vs evil is not a joke. Sometimes we get attacked.

Another theory is good vs evil is real, and on earth we’re sorting out who’s who. How good are you. Can you be strong enough to fight and help the good side win.

Stay strong bro. One day at a time. One second at a time. Focus on breathing. Pray.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 5:56:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I doubt I have stronger faith than you but I'll say that I always try to trust His plan.  I never understand it.

I don't have any real words of wisdom for you, but I am praying for you right now,  I pray for your comfort,
peace and understanding.

I'm asking you to stop thinking of hurting yourself.  

I wish I could offer some comfort.........the Lord knows the source of your pain and I pray that he will relieve it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 5:57:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Fugger:
Jesus man, don't do anything drastic.

Problems are temporary.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2022 5:58:10 PM EDT
[#11]
You aren't alone man.  Life is a struggle but the point is to see how it all ends.  I look at what Job from the Bible went through.  There is a reason.  I've accepted that reason I'm still going may not be for my liking but rather His will.  Should have been killed long ago but I'm still kicking.  There is a reason for that and for you.  We just may never know it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:00:10 PM EDT
[#12]
This life isn't supposed to be good or easy. This is the test. How strong is your faith? Is it as thin as water? You probably aren't going to make it to the bonus round. The Bible is filled with examples of trials that people endured as a test of their faith. You are not supposed to love it here. Do not lay up treasure here. The reward is what comes after this world.

Faith man. I'm here if you want to talk. And Jesus loves you and wants you to make the right decision but the decision is up to you and me.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:00:25 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote
that only brings suffering to folks around you

I lost my dad to suicide after his battle with depression and drug addiction, Which is how I know suicide just spreads the misery to everyone else

There’s no promise of an easy life, and biblically Jesus says in this life we will have trouble. Is it a refining? A test? I don’t know. I know God is real and that I don’t understand his ways.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:01:11 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

Is there a particular person that you know who is suffering right now?
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:02:03 PM EDT
[#15]
If you are a Catholic, let us know. It really doesn’t matter, but you know there is something after this life, or you wouldn’t be reaching out……I’m a former seminarian, but I know nothing about counseling…..
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:02:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Stay strong brother things will get better
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:02:38 PM EDT
[#17]
I personally believe that almost every little bullshit event that happens in my life is supposed to be a teaching experience.  I'm supposed to learn from that shit.  I'm supposed to grow and become a better person.  

I've faced the same demons you're facing.  I spit in their faces. I mean, not literally, but... you get the idea.  Every day that I DON'T end things is a victory.  Every day I DON'T end things is a day that I get to say, "Not today, motherfuckers.  You didn't beat me today."  

I don't know if that's what life is all about, but it's all I know.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:02:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: alacop] [#18]
He grows you spiritually through struggle. Most people tend to seek the Lord in times of trouble not when everything is great. IMHO. I feel this is a case in point.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:03:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:03:35 PM EDT
[#20]
My understanding of the situation.

Ever since life began its been just one Darwinian horror after another. But after millions of years of this a new life form evolved with the biggest and most complex brain that this planet could sustain.

This terrifying creature had to spend much of its existence in its own Darwinian horror show. Until an interesting thing happened. We started to use technology and fossil fuels and consciousness started to win out over horror.

Now we are at a very interesting point. We might be getting to where technology is able to lift all of humanity out of Darwinian horror.

Personally I don't begrudge God for the horrors we have endured getting to this point. Humanity was incomplete and undeveloped, it had to evolve. When I ask people what a perfect world would look like in their minds eye. Usually they are pretty short on details. Other than some belief that since God is good and all powerful then this perfect world should be something that God could and should have created.

Perhaps he did in some other plane of existence, but I doubt it. Personally I think God evolves with humanity.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:07:35 PM EDT
[#21]
stay strong dude...
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:09:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FMJshooter] [#22]
Book of Job.

Book of Ecclesiastes.

Just because they're fresh in my memory and ring true when I question suffering.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:10:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Play's not over yet, my man. I didn't hear the whistle and you didn't either.  

Don't listen to the devil's whispering in your ear.

Father in heaven, protect my brother in need. Give him a clear line of sight to You.

Any malevolent spirits oppressing my brother, I command you in the name of Jesus to be gone.  

Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:10:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Many who have suffered and come through the fire go on to help others who are suffering.  It puts you in a unique place most people haven’t been.  Many of those here in Arf have suffered, some incredibly so, but will now reach out to you.  Suffering is what much of life is, we couldn’t have the joys of life without also enduring its pain.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:11:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FMJshooter] [#25]
Double
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:11:41 PM EDT
[#26]
I thought  challenges were to test your faith and make you stronger?

IDK that's just a guess.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:13:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Jesus suffered a LOT.  I’m not in any way putting you down, but He was falsely accused, sweated blood, nailed to a tree and stabbed for something He didn’t do and knowingly let this happen so that sinners have a chance to be forgiven.  I know that life sucks sometimes, or all the time.  I don’t know what you are experiencing, but I know that if you truly have faith, you truly have the ability to pull through this.  Call your pastor right now.  Pray. Know that you have better options no matter how it now feels.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:14:22 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

Hang in their buddy
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:18:57 PM EDT
[#29]
I struggled with the same question during my father's eight year battle with cancer.

I bought and listened to Father Jonathan Morris's audio book "The Promise: God's Purpose and Plan for When Life Hurts".  It delves deep into the the questions of suffering and why a loving God would allow that to happen.  It really helped me.

PM me your address, I'll send it to you.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:19:22 PM EDT
[#30]
I don’t know where to begin, but I know how to find an end.  I’m not feeling sorry for myself or self pity, I’m flat out tired of struggling and fighting life constantly.  This isn’t the first time I’ve felt this way, but may be the last.  I believe it’s fair to say everyone and every thing has their/it’s breaking point.  When there is regularly and consistently more pain and struggle than there is joy or comfort in life, then I see no shame in making the decision to end it all.  Not my first rodeo in this struggle.. ultimately it was always the finality of the action that stopped me.  I don’t feel that way anymore..
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:20:55 PM EDT
[#31]
The burdens that we carry are heavy, but never more than we can bear.

Additionally, many people are good at covering their challenges. Understand that while many folks may give the impression of 'having it easy' the are often dealing with the same or worse than we are.

Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:21:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Skg_Mre_Lght] [#32]
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:23:09 PM EDT
[#33]
I don’t know where to begin, but I know how to find an end.  I’m not feeling sorry for myself or self pity, I’m flat out tired of struggling and fighting life constantly.  This isn’t the first time I’ve felt this way, but may be the last.  I believe it’s fair to say everyone and every thing has their/it’s breaking point.  When there is regularly and consistently more pain and struggle than there is joy or comfort in life, then I see no shame in making the decision to end it all.  Not my first rodeo in this struggle.. ultimately it was always the finality of the action that stopped me.  I don’t feel that way anymore..
View Quote

These are the moments that make us who we are.

You must step back and try to reasses. Not everything in life goes as planned and that's ok. Mistakes will hurt, but none are set in stone.

Things don't happen to us, they happen for us.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:23:49 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

Praying for you my brother. Temper your breaking point. Find resolve in your care for others. Find someone to help. Helping them will likely help you. It works for me what I have been at my lowest.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:25:04 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

Take a deep breath, step back, and reevaluate.  This is only temporary, tomorrow is a new day.  Hang in there buddy.  God loves you and so does the arfcom brotherhood
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:25:25 PM EDT
[#36]
thinking of you during this difficult time. God gives his strongest warriors some of the most difficult tasks to deal with, whatever that may be.

The pain & suffering of those who care for you would be far worse than you ending your life or hurting yourself.

please call a friend, even if it is to vent to them. that’s what true friends are for.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:28:14 PM EDT
[#37]
There are no 'good men'.

Nothing in the bible - no truth, and I say truth because I'm speaking of truth and reality, not 'religion' - would make sense if God was a petty tyrant who allowed 'good' men to suffer.

Only one good man was ever punished, and He did it willingly.

I realize that isn't what you want to hear, but even in the midst of pain, you need truth. And the truth is this: Every negative experience in this world is designed to underscore to you that this world is fallen and ruined and men need Jesus. Men need a Savior. And in Him, they have a perfect one. A perfect mediator; a sinless and spotless sacrifice.

There's hope in that. And it sounds like you need hope. I'm not telling you this to argue - I'm telling you this because it sounds like you need hope. There's hope in Jesus.

Want to share more about what's troubling you?
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:28:27 PM EDT
[#38]
The point of this life isn't to be easy.

That said, it's not supposed to be miserable either.

Consider seeking professional help if you're at a place in life where it doesn't feel worth living.

God won't give you anything you can't handle. As cliche as that is, I take it to mean that often we are stronger than we know. Until we're through it. Then we know.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:30:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Skg_Mre_Lght:
Please don't use permanent solutions to solve temporary problems. I have had to deal with a few friends and a couple of close family members that chose that route, and it is the most selfish thing you could ever do to anyone that has even the slightest fondness for you. It always seems really bad, but it will get better. You gotta dig deep, man.

Go out and get some fresh air, and do something minor that you really enjoy to clear your head. I would also suggest talking to a counselor, helpline, or anything. We're here for you!

View Quote

I want to second this. I've lost several friends this way, more in the last decade than in the first part of my life, and they lose sight, in the moment, of what a hole they're leaving behind. Don't go out that way, man. Whatever's happening now can and will pass.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:31:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DocApocalypse] [#40]
Jesus is not the one allowing it; mankind's sin is.

Adam was born into perfection but God also gave him free will.  When he and Eve chose to disobey God and sin for the first time, they fell from the grace God had given them and brought all the sin, misery, suffering, and horror into the world.  The Devil is the present ruler of this world and exercises his dominion by trying to destroy as much of mankind as he can.  Jesus came into the world to reclaim it from the rule of the Devil to all who would follow Him and be reconciled to God's original grace and lovingkindness through repenting of having been born into Adam's sin nature, and of course their own sins.

That's the short version.  God does not cause or allow the suffering in the world.  Mankind did that by himself through Adam and through the subsequent dominion of Evil.  There will come a time when there is no more suffering in the world, but only when God Himself takes control of it completely away from the Devil.

That is why, in the Lord's Prayer, Jesus says, "Thy Kingdom Come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven."  He would not have had to say that if God was already in control of this evil world.

Jesus is your friend, not your enemy.  Trusting in Him is the wisest thing a person can do, and I pray you will see that.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:31:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SquirrelAssassin] [#41]
I keep reading your post, OP. There is so much I want to say, but can't gather the courage to type it out.

Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:31:43 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

I am in same shoe as you for past 5-6 years.  I just don't know how long this shit is going to drags on as I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel...shit, I don't even see the tunnel yet.  I'm just going day by day trying my best to keep my kids happy.  Life sometimes sucks.

Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:32:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Not a religious man but that movie about dude becoming a pastor or something said something profound to me.

“Don’t pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure difficult one.”

That stuck out and hit me. Get some help from someone here or elsewhere. Don’t seek a permanent solution to a temporary problem.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:34:37 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

Many of us are tired.... you can't give up.

Suicide is NOT an escape and will not go well for you on the other side.
Ask for forgiveness, mercy, and blessings for healing.

Continue to pray and work towards making your life better, even if it's one small thing at a time.

Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:35:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Sin is the problem, but God wouldn't lead you thru a problem if he didn't have a plan to see you out.

Been there. 2019 I told my wife I loved her, pulled the 1911 out of the safe and strolled out on the driveway. Not a good place, but I sought help. I hope you do too.

If you need an ear to chew on, my cell number is being IM'd right now.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:36:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:36:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Bud its always the darkest before the dawn. Hang tight. better times will come.   feel free to talk to us..
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:37:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Mds238:
I doubt I have stronger faith than you but I'll say that I always try to trust His plan.  I never understand it.

I don't have any real words of wisdom for you, but I am praying for you right now,  I pray for your comfort,
peace and understanding.

I'm asking you to stop thinking of hurting yourself.  

I wish I could offer some comfort.........the Lord knows the source of your pain and I pray that he will relieve it.
View Quote

Amen to this, I concur and will pray for/ with you also. God is sovereign and his ways aren’t our ways. Eternity will put all this in proper perspective
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:38:53 PM EDT
[#49]
well, it seems in my limited experience, the church does a pretty poor job of explaining the current rules we're all playing by. Short version - god made a perfect world and gave it to adam and eve and said don't eat the fruit you'll screw it all up. they ate it anyways which gave them knowledge of good and evil and inherent sin because no one is perfect except god. Also, satan is the prince of the world, it's his dominion. so you have an imperfect world, run by the great evil = bad things happen to good people. upside is god gave you a way out. jesus came, sacrificed himself giving everyone a free pass if you repent and be baptized. gets you covered under his blood, removing the sin, making you appear perfect again and able to be in the presence of god.

Once you understand that satan is the prince of the world and it's an imperfect place, it all makes sense and is a lot easier to cope with. Still not easy, but easier. Of course it went bad, it's run by a bad guy lol. of course it doesn't work out, it's an imperfect place. jesus talks about it raining on the good and the evil and this very question.

Longer version goes into how jesus uses people's suffering to bring them closer to him and be examples to others. More difficult concept to understand that's better to get into after you get ^. Some of most inspiring people i've read about or met, are the ones who have been through the hardest stuff.

Hang in there, you'll be ok. visit this guy if you want better details on the subject. One of the best i've seen.  - jon courson website
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:39:11 PM EDT
[#50]
everything will be alright in the end.....if it still sucks...it ain't the end.  hardship is what makes us stronger people and what builds our faith.

I can only assume that you posted this here so we could help you and help you move to a positive direction.

"as iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another"  

keep your head up bubba
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top