Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/4/2024 9:47:19 PM EDT
Hey guys, I can't find it.  I have a dog that needs rehomed , he is amazing.  First hand experience, this is personal.  My mom passed a year ago and shit has gone sideways in our family.  He is a very good boy, but he is a unit and my dad can't handle him anymore.  I cannot take him but I also do not want him put down.  He is trying to find his space and needs someone with some balls.  This is a very expensive and trained dog that has a strong will, great with kids (my kids have been all over him).  He needs someone that is going to not be afraid when he bucks up, it's all show and I've done it, he just doesn't know his place yet.  Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/4/2024 9:49:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Use GOOGLE to search for threads on ARFCOM.

Example to type into to google.....  AR15.com forum dog rescue threads

Link Posted: 2/4/2024 9:49:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Age, training ? House broken , Vet stuff up to date ?fixed ? I assume in Ga.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 9:49:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 9:50:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Age, training ? House broken , Vet stuff up to date ?fixed ? I assume in Ga.
View Quote
Yes, in GA, 3 years old, house broken and trained.  Just strong willed.  Fixed, this dog was like 7k out of the gate.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 9:51:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, like I said tried search and didn't find it

edit:  that's amazing I didn't know about the forum
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 9:52:14 PM EDT
[#6]
That's a good looking Packers fan you have there.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 9:54:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That's a good looking Packers fan you have there.
View Quote
He is a very good dog, I wish I could take him.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 9:59:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I cannot seem to remember how to see who the mods are on GD, would one of you mind moving this the appropriate forum for me?

@aimless
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:03:38 PM EDT
[#9]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:03:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I cannot seem to remember how to see who the mods are on GD, would one of you mind moving this the appropriate forum for me?

@
View Quote
@kitties-with-sigs
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:09:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:10:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

@aimless
View Quote

I would keep this thread here for the extra visibility. Just like you, many people aren't even aware of the other forum.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:10:44 PM EDT
[#13]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:10:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:11:28 PM EDT
[#15]
deleted
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:13:26 PM EDT
[#16]
My friend is looking for a Doberman I sent him this thread he's not a member here but I'll get you in contact with him if he's interested
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:14:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
OP, it's fine to keep the thread here.

Some good questions in this thread....like give us a description of what he does.  What is "when he bucks up?"

It sounds like he has a very strong will, and that's showing itself in behavior issues.

Can you help us understand what a typical interaction with him looks like?

He's a beautiful dog, but is going to take a very specific home so he is in the right place, with someone who can handle him.  That means we need a lot of detail around the issues he has.  

~

Kitties
View Quote
Kitties,

I appreciate it, he pushes boundaries.  In my mind he just doesn't know where he belongs.  Good dog, but he is a 110 lb Doberman, so he scares people.  He spent the weekend with a guy and his dog , it went find then he pushed on the guy, it's a dominance thing.  He doesn't scare me but he tried it and we were fine.  Either way, unless someone contacts me directly here I am going another route based on the responses.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:16:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
He is a very good dog, I wish I could take him.
View Quote

First post because I can't let this dog slip through the cracks. I have a had a doberman in the house for 20 years. My current fawn male is 7yo and still young enough to help train a younger dog. I am interested in knowing more about him and I'm in SC, so not a long ride....
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:17:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:17:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

@kaizer27 that is handled. Stay here and carry on.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
[Deleted]

@kaizer27 that is handled. Stay here and carry on.
Thanks and I apologize, this is very personal and I know I stepped out of line there
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:18:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Any behavioral issues beyond high strung? Anything beyond typical Doberman  stuff? How is he with other dogs? I have a Doberman so I’m experienced in handling them.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:19:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

First post because I can't let this dog slip through the cracks. I have a had a doberman in the house for 20 years. My current fawn male is 7yo and still young enough to help train a younger dog. I am interested in knowing more about him and I'm in SC, so not a long ride....
View Quote
He is awesome but strong willed he just needs someone that has the time and knows the bread.  I want to get him to a good home.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:21:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Any behavioral issues beyond high strung? Anything beyond typical Doberman  stuff? How is he with other dogs?
View Quote
Great with dogs, not even high strung just dominance.  It really isn't that bad, my dad is 72 and this was a very expensive bad purchase.  I've dealt with way worse.  He is a good boy.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:21:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:25:30 PM EDT
[#25]
I’ve dealt with a similar dobie
He needed exercise to exhaustion twice a day and firm , friendly treatment
I settled his ass down in about a month and rehomed him with a family with two active boys.
That dog took those boys thru high school.

I’d take him in a heartbeat if he was here in Texas. My wife would straighten him out ; she loves Dobermans and has trained several to be fantastic dogs.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:28:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I'm sorry you think the responses are negative.

Everyone has asked really good questions.  I would have asked the same ones.  I might have not used the word "cryptic" but as you noted, some of the terms you used could be interpreted in a lot of ways.  

This is a big, dominant dog.  We have to know exactly what he does, and that means a lot of questions.

It's a tough time when you lose a family member, and this dog is tied up in all that loss, and it likely sounds harsher to you than it was meant.  I understand if you don't want to deal with us here.  

If we can help, though, we will.

I would say to you, be careful.   A lot of people see a beautiful dog, and take on more than they can handle.  I think it needs to be a home with a strong male, maybe with other big dogs so you know the person is experienced.  The alternative would be somebody like me, who isn't afraid to roll a big dog.  That said, this is not a quick easy placement if it's done right, and I know you want the right place for him.

Just let me know.

~Kitties

View Quote
Kitties,

I agree and thank you.  I am in the thick of it and typing very quickly.  He is not dangerous (to me), but he doesn't know his place, maybe he has never had a place based on the past year.  To me (opinions vary) he isn't scary, dangerous, or unpredictable.  He's just a dog that needs the right home.  No matter where he goes, he is gonna push but he is a good dude.  I assume, once in the right place he will fall right in, he isn't a psycho dog that needs six pillows and all that.  If that makes sense.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:29:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:31:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:37:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

What part of Georgia are you in, and what is your timeframe?

Can you hold the dog, or is he safe until we can choose the right home so we don't have to jump too soon?

There are some folks here who appear to have the right situation, but we would need a day or three to talk and do the preliminary work, then to transport him if the right home happens.

View Quote
Cumming GA, probably have a month max.  We need to figure something out as soon as possible.  I really care about this guy, he is truly amazing.  Unfortunately I just can swing it right now or I would take him without a second thought.  I probably didn't sell him well in the original post but somewhere I have pics of my 1 year old climbing all over him.  I just want whoever takes him to know that he is going to push up on you, if you have never had a Doberman, GSD, Great Dane probably not for you.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:38:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Transportation is not a problem unless the dog is actually aggressive.

View Quote

Understood.
I would assume someone closer would jump on that.
That female Arfcommer talked about dobies a lot; can’t recall her name, but she was in the south.

@kaiser27

If you have no other takers, let me know. My wife would go apeshit for him.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:40:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Understood.
That female Arfcommer talked about dobies a lot; can't recall her name, but she was in the south.

@kaiser27

View Quote
Thank you sir, she is in GA and I don't know her screen name but I think it Naamah or similar

she has a huge dog and dobie knowledge base
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:40:25 PM EDT
[#32]
You would put that beautiful animal down?
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:41:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
You would put that beautiful animal down?
View Quote
No, I would not.  That's why I am here looking for help.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:42:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Not showing my dove loving wife this thread. 4 GSD’s and jack russell some ass dumped has us full up. Nice looking dog and I love robes. So have a bump.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:43:24 PM EDT
[#35]
@neamah ?
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:43:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Not showing my dove loving wife this thread. 4 GSD's and jack russell some ass dumped has us full up. Nice looking dog and I love robes. So have a bump.
View Quote
Thanks man
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:44:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:46:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Work in alpharetta, live in cherokee county.

I can run transpo a couple hours north to Tn or south to alabama or closer to Fl as needed.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:48:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Understood.
That female Arfcommer talked about dobies a lot; can’t recall her name, but she was in the south.

@kaiser27

View Quote

You have some serious interest here OP... follow up.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:49:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Work in alpharetta, live in cherokee county.

I can run transpo a couple hours north to Tn or south to alabama or closer to Fl as needed.
View Quote
Thanks amigo, we might be neighbors.  I am actually in Woodmont now.  Dog is in Cumming.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 11:01:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Understood.
That female Arfcommer talked about dobies a lot; can't recall her name, but she was in the south.

@kaiser27

Thank you and I will.  I need to find a pillow but I will be right back here in the am.  I really appreciate you guys, I don't know if I can express that enough.  This place is amazing.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 11:12:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 11:12:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Thank you sir, she is in GA and I don't know her screen name but I think it Naamah or similar

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Understood.

@kaiser27

That’s me. He sounds like a gem, tbh. They all test to see where the boundaries are. I’m game to help find him a good home.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 11:13:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That's me. He sounds like a gem, tbh. They all test to see where the boundaries are. I'm game to help find him a good home.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Understood.

@kaiser27

That's me. He sounds like a gem, tbh. They all test to see where the boundaries are. I'm game to help find him a good home.
Thank you so much
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 11:20:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Beautiful pup OP.  Best of luck finding a great home for him.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 11:27:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Hey guys, I can't find it.  I have a dog that needs rehomed , he is amazing.  First hand experience, this is personal.  My mom passed a year ago and shit has gone sideways in our family.  He is a very good boy, but he is a unit and my dad can't handle him anymore.  I cannot take him but I also do not want him put down.  He is trying to find his space and needs someone with some balls.  This is a very expensive and trained dog that has a strong will, great with kids (my kids have been all over him).  He needs someone that is going to not be afraid when he bucks up, it's all show and I've done it, he just doesn't know his place yet.  https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/137796/IMG_0343_jpeg-3118652.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/137796/13A00DDE-B585-489B-9D83-3E850EC3F976_jpe-3118653.JPG
View Quote

Well doesn’t he just look like a good boy.
With a 3mo, a potty training 2.5yo, two ~90lbs dogs already, and me potentially looking at a career change . . . my wife might literally kill me for even raising the possibility.

But he does sound like a very good boy.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 11:44:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 11:48:39 PM EDT
[#48]
good looking dog hopefully someone picks him up and takes him into a loving home .
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 2:55:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 4:23:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Nice pupper
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top