Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2006 6:51:34 AM EDT
I was playing softball yesterday and was really fucking smashing the balls out into center feild while warming up and I havn't played in atleast 2 years. I went to swing at a ball hit it and let go of the bat with my right hand and let my left hand carry the bat around and it pulled my arm out of the socket. I couldn't really move my left arm at first for around 5 mins.

So I decided to stay out in the feild and my friend was pitching to my brother and we took turns hitting. So it was my turn to be up again and I did it again only this time worse. I felt my sholder pop out and I heard and felt clicking. My sholder snaped back into place but hurt like hell and I had to go sit down for 10 mins then it stoped hurting.

It still hurts but not nearly as much only when I relax.

Does this ever happen to and of you?
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:52:52 AM EDT
[#1]
you should drink more when you play softball
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:54:02 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
you should drink more when you play softball

Drink what water or ?
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:01:26 AM EDT
[#3]
thats why girls should be the only ones playing softball.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:10:44 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
thats why girls should be the only ones playing softball.

Yeah I need a heavier back so I will be forced to have my musscles flexed after swinging. We found a water logged baseball and that I hit over the fence.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:10:53 AM EDT
[#5]
once you turn 65, you're supposed to sit on your porch, keeping the kids off your yard.  give up softball.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:59:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Stretch properly and dont "i havent played in 2 years and I just went and got into it again".

You gotta workout and get back into it gently.  I'm working out now and whatnot and hopefully this next spring when I'm back for good, I plan to help coach my old high school in baseball to help me get back in ball shape so in the Fall I can try out for college.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 11:35:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Stretch properly and dont "i havent played in 2 years and I just went and got into it again".

You gotta workout and get back into it gently.  I'm working out now and whatnot and hopefully this next spring when I'm back for good, I plan to help coach my old high school in baseball to help me get back in ball shape so in the Fall I can try out for college.

I hope it heals by next week and I've been working out for around 7 months now I think this a tendon thing.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 11:36:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Last time I did this kinda thing I fouled the ball off the bat right into my eye.  Thankfully the Oakleys shrugged it off.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:01:22 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope it heals by next week and I've been working out for around 7 months now I think this a tendon thing.

Gotcha, when you said that you hadnt played for 2 years, I figured you hadnt worked out/stayed in ball playing shape.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top