Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/11/2001 6:27:20 AM EDT
I've got a Kimber Pro Carry, the one with the aluminum alloy frame, and I've put something like 6K or so rounds through it. The feed ramp up into the barrel is a little dented and scored from feeding so many hardball rounds and I was wondering if there is such a thing as a steel jacket or something that I can have put in there to cover the aluminum. I just put new Wolff springs in it because the recoil spring was a little mushy, and a steel ramp would extend the life of the pistol by quite a bit, I expect. Anyone have any idea if this is possible?? Thanks. FMCDH Semper Fidelis Jarhead out. ------------------ "There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes, and the other is the Bill of Rights." --Major General Smedley D. Butler, USMC
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 10:26:32 AM EDT
Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 10:51:16 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Jarhead_22: Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
View Quote
Yes, there is a steel section that can be installed in place of the soft alloy, it can be obtained from Brownells at one time, you can make an insert, or better yet a ramped barrel could be fitted, but in either case the frame needs to be machined!
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 10:58:46 AM EDT
[url]www.m-guns.comm[/url] This guy is great...go take a look.
Top Top